Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Right click issues with camera

Hello!

I'm having issues with my mouse every time I right click, the camera flips 180º and I end disoriented. I have this issue in many games, but every time it's fixed enabling "raw input", like in Valve games (TF2 and Portal to name a few), that have an option to enable "raw input".

I had a similar problem with Serious Sam 3, and again, enabling raw input fixed the problem. (The question I asked on Steam forums).

My mouse is a Logitech G5, running Windows 7 x64, an nVidia GTX650 Ti with latest drivers and no software from Logitech is controlling the mouse, "Logitech Gaming Software" takes care of my keyboard and the headset, but my G5 is too old and it's not supported by LGS, I have to use "Logitech Setpoint", which is not installed.

As far as I know, Alan Wake doesn't have a dev console to fiddle with commands like Serious Sam 3 or Source games... so... What can I do?

Thank you!

Re: Right click issues with camera

I am amazed they don't support one of their products, no matter how old. At least they should keep the drivers updated, but oh well....

I found this page where someone talks about a working driver version with Win 7 64-bit, maybe it would work for you:
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-seri.../335374/page/5

If their official drivers don't work, that's what I would start trying: going back to older versions. Maybe those v4.80 ones will work.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dr...iver.cfm/v4_80
    Last edited by EbonHawk; 06-06-2013, 01:25 AM. Reason: sorry, link

Comment

The first page is about Windows not recognizing the mouse... and I didn't had a single problem with my G5 and W7 in general.

Anyway, I'm too tired to read all the pages now, it's late here in Spain, so I'll continue tomorrow and see if installing Setpoint does any good.

Thanks!

Comment

Which one of these is yours?

Have you tried these drivers? They are listed for Win 7.

Try updating windows? Very odd that your mouse would do this. Its very basic.
        Last edited by arugula; 06-07-2013, 04:46 PM.
        ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
        32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
        WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

I think it's the first edition, but in blue and black.

I'll try with that, thanks!

Edit: Nah, SetPoint did nothing, I'm still with the same issues.
          Last edited by Deses; 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Maybe its a setting you are over looking? Maybe contact logitech?

Get a new mouse? Logitech has new lineup. Looks nice. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-mice

Comment

I've tried with another Logitech mouse, an M100, and it does the same thing.

I also tried with a cheap mouse my father has for his netbook (it's similar to this), and again, the same problems.

So there is something wrong with my PC or my Windows installation... Maybe I should ask on StackExchange, it's a better place to seek help for this kind of trouble.

I will let you know if I find (and fix) the problem!

Comment

Sorry to hear. That is quite frustrating indeed. Have you tried to update Windows? There may be a fix. I think ive seen updates for mouse related issues in the past but do not know what for.

Comment

I've found the problem!

It was not a Windows or Logitech problem, everything was caused by a program called VistaSwitcher, closing it fixes the issues.

And if you are curious, look at the video I uploaded to show what was happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkFo1tgjZgY

Comment

The old software conflict trick! At least you are working now. That looked damn frustrating!

Comment

Yep, I feel silly for not checking for software conflicts earlier...

Well, at last I can enjoy Alan Wake, so far it's amazing, and scary!
                      I also look like a junkie searching for thermos. I NEED CAFFEINE.

Comment

Working...
                      X