Bug at end of DLC The Writer? Invisible boss that can't be defeated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Bug at end of DLC The Writer? Invisible boss that can't be defeated

The first Barry shows up fine. The second Barry is just a shadow that's defeated by shining the flashlight on him. The third is invisible. I don't know how to fight him, and he kills me quite easily. I can't find any info on this online. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Bug at end of DLC The Writer? Invisible boss that can't be defeated

I thought I'd update this with my "solution" for anyone else dealing with this. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the problem was still there. Here's how I dealt with it. The shadow Barry isn't actually defeated with the flashlight. What happens is the Barry "sprite" or whatever is invisible -- the shadow you see is the part that gets removed by the flashlight. So after you do that, he's still there and is vulnerable to gunshots.

I recommend staying in one place. When the darkness is burned off of him, shoot him with your most powerful weapon as much as possible. The birds might come and disrupt this, which will result in Barry moving way. Try to look for his shadow on the ground or a music cue that an enemy is near, then shoot. If you're lucky, you'll hit him. Keep shooting until he's dead. The third Barry that shows up might be a little shadowy, but he will usually shift into his correct appearance.

Comment

Working...
    X