Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alan Wake Retail DVD, Steam doesnt recognise local files? How do I play no downl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Alan Wake Retail DVD, Steam doesnt recognise local files? How do I play no downl

I just bought the retail version of Alan Wake Special Edition by Nordic Games which has a Steam Activation.

Now after installing steam I have activated it via steam and using steam instructions installed te content from the dvd to the steam folder. However it shows 4.3 gb installed and proceeds to download the remaining 2.3 gb to get upto 6.7 gb.

But when the download completes it's status switches from Play To Install Game and in game properties it shows 0 disk usage and all the options in the local content dialog are greyed out.

I have tried this on multiple machines and locations but the same problem occurred.

How do i fix this? Or did I waste my money?

Please help

Re: Alan Wake Retail DVD, Steam doesnt recognise local files? How do I play no d

go here for activating issues:
    Alan Wake physical edition activation issues
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Re: Alan Wake Retail DVD, Steam doesnt recognise local files? How do I play no d

Thanks for the help, but mine is not an activation issue. It activates just fine however it refuses to acknowledge the fact that i have installed the local files from the disk and instead proceeds to download them.

Comment

Then you should contact Steam Support on this.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

And nordic games.
          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Please close this topic, the problem is not related not not just recognising but not installing properly at all. I'm posting a new topic for the same.

Comment

Working...
            X