Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Installation trouble

Hi,
    I recently received a brand-new, factory sealed Alan Wake Deluxe Edition (CD-ROM version) for my birthday but I'm having trouble installing it.

It keeps saying, "Creating local game cache files..." and "Preparing Alan Wake files for install..." and I let it run over night but it still kept saying the same thing. I then tried everything I could to get it to download; I exited steam and rebooted my computer and tried again, I shut off my anti-virus and tried again, and I also attempted to download Alan Wake without Steam (by hitting no instead of yes when my computer asked me if I wanted to let Valve make changes). When I hit no it said that I didn't have administrative privileges but I was logged on as the administrator.

I've installed 10 other games on Steam, including Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and they all got through the preparations pretty quickly. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the long message!
    Last edited by Bantantur; 02-26-2014, 01:25 AM.

Re: Installation trouble

Try running it as administrator.
    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

I'm logged on as the administrator so I'm not sure why it's not letting me download it.

Comment

Did you activate it on steam? Try that and then download and install whole game from Steam. Do not use CD.

If problem persists try to contact Nordic games. http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact
        ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
        32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
        WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Okay, thanks for the help! I did activate it on Steam and try to download it that way but it still refuses to work. I got it on CD since I have a limited internet usage, but if the problem persists I will contact Nordic and see what they can do.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble, I hope this didn't ruin your birthday! The following instructions should enable installing without downloading the Steam installer:

1. Log in to Steam and click on Library.
            2. Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
            3. Insert the first disc into your computer.
            4. Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
            5. Press Windows Key + R to open Run
            6. In the Run window type: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:
            7. Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
            8. Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
            9. Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Comment

Working...
            X