A possible Remedy trademark?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible Remedy trademark?

So in anticipation of E3 2018 and Remedy's rumored P7 reveal, I snooped around some trademark searching services.

In last November, Remedy trademarked something called "CONTROL". Link here.

It's still pending, apparently. The trademark seems to apply to video games and merch related to them. The innovative name doesn't really lend any idea to what it could be.

It doesn't also necessarily mean anything - Remedy registered the name "A.W.E. - The Bureau of Altered World Events" in 2015, which wasn't used anywhere, and about 2 months before that they registered "Legends of Shadow America". So who knows what the trademark actually means.

Also let's not forget that the "Alan Wake Returns" trademark still applies to video games, so Remedy could reuse that name for an upcoming project. Winky winky, I guess.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Technically “Return” was used in Quantum Break. My guess is the trademark filing was done to prevent anyone trying to snatch it up after the game was released.

Comment

What I said was supposed to be a joke about how the trademark applies to video games in addition to televised media. I doubt Remedy would use the same name for their new Alan Wake title if it was coming.

Comment

I must say that unexpected wonders do happen... one just happened like a week ago! STALKER 2 is back in development! It's a cult game masterpiece by now and most probably wouldn't even dreamed it would go back to development after all this time.

If Remedy will reveal Alan Wake Returns on this year's E3 then it will be a dream come ture, I will prise Remedy forver. Period.

Comment

In Remedy's recent studio tour, Remedy revealed that their new office has a dedicated streaming room which might hint at how P7 will be revealed and also that we might get some juicy new info soon. The emphasis, however, is as always on the word "might".

Also if the project was revealed to be Alan Wake Returns or some other sequel, I'd physically walk to the Remedy offices to hand out my cash.

Might be easier said than done though since they've moved and I no longer know where they're located.

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
            So in anticipation of E3 2018 and Remedy's rumored P7 reveal, I snooped around some trademark searching services.

In last November, Remedy trademarked something called "CONTROL". Link here.

It's still pending, apparently. The trademark seems to apply to video games and merch related to them. The innovative name doesn't really lend any idea to what it could be.

It doesn't also necessarily mean anything - Remedy registered the name "A.W.E. - The Bureau of Altered World Events" in 2015, which wasn't used anywhere, and about 2 months before that they registered "Legends of Shadow America". So who knows what the trademark actually means.

Also let's not forget that the "Alan Wake Returns" trademark still applies to video games, so Remedy could reuse that name for an upcoming project. Winky winky, I guess.
            As a person who along the rest of the Remedy Media Unit and the Control dev team worked on the reveal of the game for the whole year, when I read this post about the trademark, I cant tell you how stressed I became if someone from the media would have picked up on this and the name would have gotten out there I'm glad it didnt. Obviously we know that the trademarks can be found since the beginning of the year and there's really nothing we can do about it, but I kept my fingers crossed. The plan was always to keep the game a secret and come out in a big way at E3.

Comment

Working...
            X