X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONTROL Announced

https://youtu.be/oFjb_vlCsRA

Control is coming in 2019 to PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Wonder if there's a reason why it looked visually a lot like Quantum Break and the protagonist looked a lot like Beth Wilder?

Comment

Iím pretty sure itís the same actress who played Beth

Comment

Hey, you guys remember how Remedy trademarked the "Bureau of altered world events" name back in 2015? The tagline for Control is "Join the bureau". Looks like this game has been a work in progress for a long time.
        The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Looks pretty interesting! Remedy's work really cuts like a knife through all other games for me -- I love the uniqueness of each one. The ties to Quantum Break are also very promising! I very much enjoy the notion of parallel worlds/multiverses, etc. And the "Bureau of Altered World Events" reminds me of the TV show Counterpart. Lots of possibilities here!

Father Thor...bless this war.

Comment

Just to state beforehand, Remedy is great and the Control looks interesting.

But I must say, personally, I'm sad and I'm sure most of you are too. It's not that I expected something similar to Alan Wake, but I did hope indeed.

I know, you know and Remedy knows what we, fans really desire... but I blame the mainstream demand. Did I mentioned I'm super sad?

I'm still hopeful for Project 8 or even 9!

P.S. Well, Alan Wake, start New Game, here we go again for the 9th time I think -_-

Comment

Pretty stoked for this, looks like Quantum Break 2. I wonder if the story in Control is any way done is a universe related to Quantum Break? It will be really cool is two complete different IPs are some how related to one another. I also hope they will use some concept that did not get used on the End of Time chapter from Quantum Break ends up in here. I sure do miss that missing chapter from Quantum Break. I remember watching Doctor Strange and saying to my wife how it will be cool if Quantum Break 2 can use warping/bending abilities for building etc, and looks like they are finally going to use it in this game. I do hope that they don't restrict the story to one building, and rather expand the game to an entire city or something bigger, where you can warp building and roads alike. Start from a narrow focus and expand it to a global scenario, just like Horizon Zero Dawn. Come on Remedy, think big, blow our mind, I expect nothing less from you after fabulous Quantum Break.

Comment

It looks a lot like Quantum Break. But of courde with more advanced technology. I love how after Alan Wake Remedy plays with physics a lot. Like every second the screen is bended and twisted. I sincerely hope this game sells good. In my heart I'm waiting for AW2 but everyday I see it harder to happen. For the next trailer please try to focus a little bit more on the characters. I bearly remember the name of the protagonist or any secondary character.
                Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Yes, the game definitely has a Quantum Break vibe. With all the action in the trailer and all the breaking things it even had something from Max Payne. Also glad it is being released on all the major platforms.
                  Looking forward to it, but I wouldn't mind an Alan Wake 2 announcement too
                  I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Official website : http://www.controlgame.com

Comment

I AM VERY MUCH OKAY WITH ALL OF THESE THINGS! O_O It looks stunning so far, and it definitely has that Quantum Break vibe as you guys mentioned. I'm in love with a lot of things that they're doing from having their first female protagonist, the supernatural/otherworldly elements, the beautiful ever-changing environments. And how creepy were those people hanging in mid-air?!

Just to do a quick wrap-up of everything announced so far....
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	FullRender.jpg Views:	2 Size:	210.7 KB ID:	320709

Control was announced during Sony's Media Briefing, with a reveal gameplay trailer making a surprise announcement.

Official Synopsis: "Control is Jesse Fadensís story. The main plot focuses on her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Side-quests and Secrets are everywhere. Jesse works with other Bureau agents, decodes cryptic ciphers and discovers strange Bureau experiments"

Jesse Faden is played by Courtney Hope who Quantum Break fans will recognise from Remedy's previous title. In QB, she played the brilliant and heartbreaking Beth Wilder.

(I've also included some official screenshots embedded in this post, so check them out below!)

If you're at E3 this week! Make sure to check out the E3 Coliseum (The Novo at L.A. Live) at 9:30am on Thursday for an extended look.

With the new game reveal comes a list of new bookmarks! There's a new website (controlgame.com), a new Twitter channel (@ControlRemedy), and a new Facebook page (Control - Remedy). You can view new official screenshots of the title over on our Flickr gallery.
                      Last edited by Jaden; 06-12-2018, 10:19 PM.
                      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by CatoNator View Post
                        Hey, you guys remember how Remedy trademarked the "Bureau of altered world events" name back in 2015? The tagline for Control is "Join the bureau". Looks like this game has been a work in progress for a long time.
                        I thought that it refers to AWE or Bureau of altered world events as well but it seems that it is Federal Bureau of Control.

For centuries, our elite organization has kept the public safe from unseen forces. Our mission is to expand the limits of human understanding and contain those elements we cannot yet control. Join us to enter the hallowed halls of the Oldest House and take your place among the ranks of silent heros.

ZACHARIAH TRENCH

DIRECTOR
                        FEDERAL BUREAU OF CONTROL
                        Titles for the screenshots (https://www.remedygames.com/games/control/) gives some teases:

The Panopticon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon)
                        Benicoff TV
                        Drifter combat (enemy type?)
                        Face off (is green-shirted-bald-guy a bad guy?)

--

I was pleased with the announcement as it seems that Control is a single player game and not some persistent world multiplayer game which was hinted by some interviews. The game looks interesting and I want to know more about it. It looks to be some kind of spiritual successor to QB?

I hope this is a success so Remedy can have the moneyz to make AW2.
                        Last edited by Stammy; 06-12-2018, 04:20 PM.
                        My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Why do I hava a feeling CONTROL may be in/directly connected with Alan Wake story and or universe!? Both do involve a theme of dimesnions, quantum physics and alian dark force hmm... it all may come together!

#AlanWakeUp!
                          Last edited by thermos; 06-12-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thermos View Post
                            #AlanWakeUp!
                            I have to agree with you. I don't know what is Remedy's plan to sale games, in a world where we are filled with third person shooters (Gears of War, The Last of Us, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause, The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Hitman, Tomb Raider and this are just the most famous) Remedy decides to release another science fiction third person shooter very similar in looks like Quantum Break, which wasn't a big success. I still believe that they will never make Alan Wake 2, an open world game as Alan Wake 1 was at first announced to be. If you see very successful new franchises like the Witcher, what make it stand from the rest is a very interesting story that actually makes sense, and a beautiful world to explore. You need to advertise your games better RMD, seriously, it will be Alan Wake all over again. By looking at this trailer I have no single understanding of what is going on at all, this was not a good trailer for an E3, this could have been a teaser trailer, enough with the secrets and long development cycle. An example of this with another franchise is Kojima with Death Stranding, I have no clue at all what is going on there. People need to make a connection with the game, not being alienated. See the Last of Us 2 trailer, that is one I won't forget in the years to come. Just my 2 cents from an old fan.
                            Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                            Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

There was interesting stuff on Finnish news outlets. I'm sure similar interviews will be held for international sites soon. It was said that the game isn't linear like Remedy's previous games. There will be sideguests and secrets to find etc. "Sandboxy" was mentioned on the official Twitter account. So there is some new formula going on comparing to QB and the rest.
                              My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Working...
                              X