Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a plot summary on one of the articles that goes something like this:

The game takes place in the Federal Bureau of Control offices, which investigate "paranormal things". Something goes wrong and a character named "Hiss" arrives from another dimension/world and takes Control of the office, killing the bureau's leader in the process. Jesse Faden is forced to become the new boss for the bureau and goes to fight the invading forces.

There was some other cool stuff as well. Apparently the bureau building is "nearly infinite" and shifts all the time. There was also some info on how the game is seemingly open world or at least far less linear, and how the player is more in control of the story pacing, unlike in Quantum Break which was rather rigid. There are going to be sidequests.

The games has been confirmed to not have microtransactions as well.

Link to the article (in Finnish) here.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

The trailer looked great. I'm so excited that this is coming to PS4. Can't wait to see more

Comment

Considering Remedy and Alan Wake's future, I'd say they still have a potential and many good chances to come to make it possible even if market keeps shifting more and more towards Battle Royale and multiplayer in general. Single player experiance niche still has a LOT to offer as we saw on PlayStation E3 presentation.

Lets have a cup of coffee and stay positive
        Last edited by thermos; 06-12-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Let's play breakdown the symbol. I'm dumb so help if you want.

Invenio = Find. In this case discovery fits better with the key above it.

Investigatio... the tower. The Old Building Google search....

While the Tower is similar in appearance to the Lighthouse, its
          Symbolism is quite different. For while the Lighthouse Symbolizes
          a beacon which guides us, the Tower Symbolizes a strong
          structure which restricts our movements, limits our Horizons and
          confines us to a specific physical and mental location. The Tower
          Symbolizes all of the Self-Imposed Limitations we construct around,
          and within, ourselves.

Simply put, The Tower Symbolizes all Self-Imposed Limitations
          which restrict our Freedom and curtail our imagination.

imperium = Power. Sword.

Eagle = Freedom. Mmeericaa

Upside Down Triangle = ??? I don't know??? There's usually God above freedom. Some godlike knowledge, wisdom. Dark knowledge. Dark Presence???
          help......

Click image for larger version

Name:	badge.png
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	320718
          All Remedy games has some connection to each other. I want to believe that QB and Control are somehow Alan setting the pieces on the board, readying him self for the escape from the Dark Place. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!
          I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

You're like our local Blanch McDougal! <3 Pickman, your post has made my day.
            The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

For the past 3 hours I've been trying to post something here, but they keeped holding me back. Finally, I've been able to find a breach in their security watch
              watch, so I've created a new topic. Control Bureau, you can't hide the truth.

[Just joking, unfortunately I've found a lot of bugs while trying to post something here, so I decided to just create a new topic]
              Last edited by WakeLestat360; 06-13-2018, 06:15 AM.
              "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

You guys are awesome.
                How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Comment

Hello everyone! Iím new to the forms, but still super hyped for control! Thank you remedy for bringing this to the PlayStation. Weíre all super stoked to have you guys developing for Sony now as well! Iíve never played Alan wake, and didnít get to play quantum break either because of Xbox exclusivity, but regardless those games were amazing! And I canít wait for control to release. It gives me a bureau xcom declassified vibe, at least the early version. Which is really cool, hope everyone enjoyed E3, I look forward to discussing and enjoying the ins and outs of control with everyone before it releases. Cheers!

Comment

Art style is amazing. Volumetric lighting really sets the mood right.

Comment

I was seriously thinking Control was QB 2 or at least in the same universe, It's cool they went with the Beth actress, as she's great, but make her look a tad different than Beth from QB
                      QB looks NICE

Comment

Gameplay yesterday was very cool, love the new powers.
                        "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

Shout out to my boy Jaden

Some of my friends are asking me what that new Remedy-game is, and I keep sending them to your nice post (https://community.remedygames.com/fo...702#post320702)

You da real mvp.

Also, connecting Control to Alan Wake... I'm not sure about that. I was hoping for something like that in Quantum Break and was kinda disappointed when nothing *really* happened. I'd be cautious.
                          I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

My take on Control.
                            People floating in the air are in some kind of dream state so I'm thinking if this building of panopticum is being watched by some lovecraftian beings, an eldrich creatures.
                            Often, Loveraft writes about people snatched away in dream controled by old ones.
                            I don't think it's connected to QB but more to Alan Wake in thematic approach.

Main protagonist may found a way to break the control and aquire otherworldly abilities via telepatic link with elder one. Now elder ones are contolling other people to kill her or to retake her mind.

What do you think about this hypothesis?

Comment

Ok, so if Alan was to write himself back from the Dark Place. Wouldn't the best place to do it be in this tower which Symbolizes a strong
                              structure which restricts our movements, limits our horizons and confines us to a specific physical and mental location. The Dark Presence or presences want to get out of the Dark Place, so here is this Tower that cracks the door open a little. Just enough to keep the story intense an exiting enough for the story to work.
                              Not saying that this is where Alan returns, but it's at least an attempt to do that. Possible attempt.

I think it's pretty certain that there is some cosmic horror doing all the nasty things. The Hiss I think they called it...them ...whatever. What's with all the Hiss'es and Scratches Sam??

I will not be disappointed if it's not related to Alan in anyway. This is just fun for me.

Also, I'm so happy that everyone seem to be so exited for Control!

Aaand Thank you to Jaden and Maniac for compiling videos and interviews.

Cheerio!!!!

(Edit) "I am the servant of the black pyramid." Jesse says in a gameplay video. Intriguing....
                              Last edited by Pickman; 06-14-2018, 10:39 PM.
                              I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
                                Shout out to my boy Jaden

Some of my friends are asking me what that new Remedy-game is, and I keep sending them to your nice post (https://community.remedygames.com/fo...702#post320702)

You da real mvp.
                                WHHHHAAAA?! Aww, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad I could help.

What's with all the Hiss'es and Scratches Sam??
                                ...cats? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT! I just want a room where Jesse opens the door and just cats pour out, and it just keeps going, and going. I like cats.

I will not be disappointed if it's not related to Alan in anyway. This is just fun for me.
                                *Puts on nerdy glasses* Weeeeeeell, you might not be entirely wrong. You know that Sam Lake's blog, This House of Dreams, that he wrote connecting to the Alan Wake series. (It also connected to American Nightmare's song, Balance Slays the Demon, which references "it will happen again in a town, a town called Ordinary".) In the blog it introduced the AWE, or an agent of it who wanted to acquire the shoebox that Samantha had in her loft. The name appeared in Quantum Break near Ground Zero on the side of a building. Apparently Gamecrate's recent article on the press demo at E3 mentioned that "Jesse, travels down a large corridor, past rooms containing mysterious 'Objects of Power' and items touched by 'Altered World Events.'" Does anyone else hear The X-Files music playing?
                                The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Working...
                                X