X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• havok
    replied
    My take on Control.
    People floating in the air are in some kind of dream state so I'm thinking if this building of panopticum is being watched by some lovecraftian beings, an eldrich creatures.
    Often, Loveraft writes about people snatched away in dream controled by old ones.
    I don't think it's connected to QB but more to Alan Wake in thematic approach.

Main protagonist may found a way to break the control and aquire otherworldly abilities via telepatic link with elder one. Now elder ones are contolling other people to kill her or to retake her mind.

What do you think about this hypothesis?

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied
    Shout out to my boy Jaden

Some of my friends are asking me what that new Remedy-game is, and I keep sending them to your nice post (https://community.remedygames.com/fo...702#post320702)

You da real mvp.

Also, connecting Control to Alan Wake... I'm not sure about that. I was hoping for something like that in Quantum Break and was kinda disappointed when nothing *really* happened. I'd be cautious.

Leave a comment:

• WakeLestat360
    replied
    Gameplay yesterday was very cool, love the new powers.

Leave a comment:

• MattS71
    replied
    I was seriously thinking Control was QB 2 or at least in the same universe, It's cool they went with the Beth actress, as she's great, but make her look a tad different than Beth from QB

Leave a comment:

• havok
    replied
    Art style is amazing. Volumetric lighting really sets the mood right.

Leave a comment:

• kurtchancechace
    replied
    Hello everyone! Iím new to the forms, but still super hyped for control! Thank you remedy for bringing this to the PlayStation. Weíre all super stoked to have you guys developing for Sony now as well! Iíve never played Alan wake, and didnít get to play quantum break either because of Xbox exclusivity, but regardless those games were amazing! And I canít wait for control to release. It gives me a bureau xcom declassified vibe, at least the early version. Which is really cool, hope everyone enjoyed E3, I look forward to discussing and enjoying the ins and outs of control with everyone before it releases. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• vidaisonline
    replied
    You guys are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• WakeLestat360
    replied
    For the past 3 hours I've been trying to post something here, but they keeped holding me back. Finally, I've been able to find a breach in their security watch
    watch, so I've created a new topic. Control Bureau, you can't hide the truth.

[Just joking, unfortunately I've found a lot of bugs while trying to post something here, so I decided to just create a new topic]
    Last edited by WakeLestat360; 06-13-2018, 05:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jaden
    replied
    You're like our local Blanch McDougal! <3 Pickman, your post has made my day.

Leave a comment:

• Pickman
    replied
    Let's play breakdown the symbol. I'm dumb so help if you want.

Invenio = Find. In this case discovery fits better with the key above it.

Investigatio... the tower. The Old Building Google search....

While the Tower is similar in appearance to the Lighthouse, its
    Symbolism is quite different. For while the Lighthouse Symbolizes
    a beacon which guides us, the Tower Symbolizes a strong
    structure which restricts our movements, limits our Horizons and
    confines us to a specific physical and mental location. The Tower
    Symbolizes all of the Self-Imposed Limitations we construct around,
    and within, ourselves.

Simply put, The Tower Symbolizes all Self-Imposed Limitations
    which restrict our Freedom and curtail our imagination.

imperium = Power. Sword.

Eagle = Freedom. Mmeericaa

Upside Down Triangle = ??? I don't know??? There's usually God above freedom. Some godlike knowledge, wisdom. Dark knowledge. Dark Presence???
    help......

Click image for larger version

Name:	badge.png
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	320718
    All Remedy games has some connection to each other. I want to believe that QB and Control are somehow Alan setting the pieces on the board, readying him self for the escape from the Dark Place. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• thermos
    replied
    Considering Remedy and Alan Wake's future, I'd say they still have a potential and many good chances to come to make it possible even if market keeps shifting more and more towards Battle Royale and multiplayer in general. Single player experiance niche still has a LOT to offer as we saw on PlayStation E3 presentation.

Lets have a cup of coffee and stay positive
    Last edited by thermos; 06-12-2018, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Galactus
    replied
    The trailer looked great. I'm so excited that this is coming to PS4. Can't wait to see more

Leave a comment:

• CatoNator
    replied
    There was a plot summary on one of the articles that goes something like this:

The game takes place in the Federal Bureau of Control offices, which investigate "paranormal things". Something goes wrong and a character named "Hiss" arrives from another dimension/world and takes Control of the office, killing the bureau's leader in the process. Jesse Faden is forced to become the new boss for the bureau and goes to fight the invading forces.

There was some other cool stuff as well. Apparently the bureau building is "nearly infinite" and shifts all the time. There was also some info on how the game is seemingly open world or at least far less linear, and how the player is more in control of the story pacing, unlike in Quantum Break which was rather rigid. There are going to be sidequests.

The games has been confirmed to not have microtransactions as well.

Link to the article (in Finnish) here.

Leave a comment:

• Stammy
    replied
    There was interesting stuff on Finnish news outlets. I'm sure similar interviews will be held for international sites soon. It was said that the game isn't linear like Remedy's previous games. There will be sideguests and secrets to find etc. "Sandboxy" was mentioned on the official Twitter account. So there is some new formula going on comparing to QB and the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Danzaiver
    replied
    Originally posted by thermos View Post
    #AlanWakeUp!
    I have to agree with you. I don't know what is Remedy's plan to sale games, in a world where we are filled with third person shooters (Gears of War, The Last of Us, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Just Cause, The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Hitman, Tomb Raider and this are just the most famous) Remedy decides to release another science fiction third person shooter very similar in looks like Quantum Break, which wasn't a big success. I still believe that they will never make Alan Wake 2, an open world game as Alan Wake 1 was at first announced to be. If you see very successful new franchises like the Witcher, what make it stand from the rest is a very interesting story that actually makes sense, and a beautiful world to explore. You need to advertise your games better RMD, seriously, it will be Alan Wake all over again. By looking at this trailer I have no single understanding of what is going on at all, this was not a good trailer for an E3, this could have been a teaser trailer, enough with the secrets and long development cycle. An example of this with another franchise is Kojima with Death Stranding, I have no clue at all what is going on there. People need to make a connection with the game, not being alienated. See the Last of Us 2 trailer, that is one I won't forget in the years to come. Just my 2 cents from an old fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X