Control Gamescom Media Wrap Up [Updated with Day Five]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Gamescom Media Wrap Up [Updated with Day Five]

It's Gamescom time which means a new media wrap up thread! Naturally as E3 revealed Control, things are a little less hectic this time around. Although I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about.

Before we get into the latest announcements, a little recap of what we know so far:

"Control is Jesse Faden's story. The main plot focuses on her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Side-quests and Secrets are everywhere. Jesse works with other Bureau agents, decodes cryptic ciphers and discovers strange Bureau experiments."

The game is being developed by Remedy, published by 505Games, and will launch in 2019 on PC, XBOX One and PS4.

With the new game reveal comes a list of new bookmarks! There's a new website (controlgame.com), a new Twitter channel (@ControlRemedy), and a new Facebook page (Control - Remedy).

Click here to see the reveal trailer from E3 2018!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DayOne.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.4 KB ID:	320923

[VIDEO] Yesterday, following the NVIDIA Gamescom Briefing, 505Games uploaded a PC Tech Demo for Control showcasing how ray-tracing will improve realism, and announcing that it will be one of the first games to support the Nvidia RTX GPUs.

[ARTICLE] This morning, NVIDIA uploaded a blog post breaking down ray-tracing and showed off some new Control screenshots.

[VIDEO] A quick 505Games booth tour.

[PHOTO] An early Game of the Show nomination for Control by GamersPack.

[BONUS] While not strictly Remedy-related, a surprise announcement came today in the form of The Dark Pictures Anthology by Supermassive Games, which features a familiar face as Shawn Ashmore stars in the first game of the series, Man of Medan. The game is coming out in 2019 on PC, XBOX One and PS4.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DayTwoandThree.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	320933

[VIDEO] A close-up work-in-progress demo showcasing Jesse's service weapon and the shapes it transforms into for certain settings.

[VIDEO] Nvidia posted a video on social media featuring interviews with a number of developers working on games supporting the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2000.

[INTERVIEW] Remedy's Thomas Puha talks to PCGamesInsider about Remedy's third unannounced title and the importance of a multi-project studio.

[PREVIEW] IGN details Control's behind-closed-doors demo in detailed preview, describing the game's boss fights, Jesse's service weapon, and The Hiss.

[ARTICLE] DigitalTrends looks at the eleven games (currently announced) that are due to support ray-tracing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DayFourandFive.jpg Views:	1 Size:	150.5 KB ID:	320934

[PHOTO] Photos from Remedy's Control booth, uploaded to the developer's Instagram page.

[VIDEO] Thirteen minutes of Control's gameplay, narrated by Remedy's Head of Communications, Thomas Puha, and uploaded by GameStar. (The original answers have been translated to German and it's difficult to hear the original what Thomas said in English. Hopefully they will upload the original video soon, but in the meantime even if you don't speak German, it's still a really interesting video!)

[VIDEO] CerealKillerz talked to Game Director, Mikael Kasurinen about what players can expect to see in Jesse's upcoming adventure. Get some coffee first, it's a lengthy fifteen minute interview.

[PREVIEW] Fellow fan, Patrick from PayneReactor, got the opportunity to check out the behind-closed-doors preview at the show. You can read his impressions on the PR site now.

[PREVIEW] TheSixthAxis breaks down the combat and open level design in Control in a new preview article.
    Last edited by Jaden; 08-28-2018, 03:18 AM.
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

I'm looking forward RTX 4080 when the ray-tracing will be a considerable reason to look into. Thought Control looks real nice with or without ray-traced shadows

Comment

Aside from ray-tracing tech related stuff, did we get any news at all?
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates! It was suddenly a rough week with sudden sickness and demands after the initial post but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. I'll try to update the first post soon.

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
        Aside from ray-tracing tech related stuff, did we get any news at all?
        The ray-tracing was the main Control-related thing to come out of Gamescom, but we have more interviews and previews too. There's also a thirteen minute gameplay video hosted by Remedy's Head of Communications which is one of my personal main Gamescom favourite.

Comment

Look at me being a rebel and double posting. I just wanted to add details about a giveaway which I didn't include in the opening post as it's only available for a few days.

If you're interested in winning a rare Federal Bureau of Control pin, given to press at E3 2018 and Gamescom 2018, you're in luck! XBOX previewer and ambassador, Daniel Heithorn is running a giveaway from now until 31st August on Twitter. (He was given additional pins by Remedy to host the giveaways online.) All you need to do to enter is follow him and the Control Twitter pages and retweet a specific status. Full details can be found HERE.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

Comment

Thank you Jaden , very cool!
            I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Working...
            X