Control Heading to New York Comic Con with Special Guests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Heading to New York Comic Con with Special Guests

If you're heading to New York Comic Con this week, make sure to look out for the Control panel at 6:30pm on Friday 5th October in Room 1A18. The panel features special guests including Sam Lake (Creative Director), Courtney Hope (Jesse Faden), James McCaffrey (Zachariah Trench) and JUST ANNOUNCED Matthew Porretta (Dr Casper Darling).

If you attend the event, make sure to let us know what you think!

There's no official confirmation yet if the panel will be livestreamed, but it sounds like the kind of thing that Remedy and 505Games would want to be online. Fingers crossed!

List of Control activities...

A New York Mystery: Meet the Cast of Remedy’s Control
    [From the Official New York Comic Con Site]

6:30 - 7:30pm [Room 1A18]
    Remedy’s games have always been set in locations rich in character, and their upcoming action-adventure third-person shooter, Control, is no exception. The fan-favorite Max Payne was set in New York, and they’ve been inspired by the city once again in Control, which takes place in a fictional, mysterious Brutalist New York skyscraper that’s just as much a character as any of the people in the game.

This panel will introduce the main cast of Control – including the exclusive reveal of an unannounced character – many of whom have made appearances in Remedy’s previous critically-acclaimed games Alan Wake, Max Payne and Quantum Break. Along with creative director Sam Lake, they’ll discuss their past experiences making games with Remedy and how that lead to this project, as well as premiere a new behind-the-scenes video offering an unprecedented look at the creation of Control and how the actors are involved in the process.

Panelists include:
    - Sam Lake (Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment)
    - Courtney Hope (Jesse Faden, Control / Quantum Break's Beth Wilder)
    - James McCaffrey (Zachariah Trench, Control / Voice of Max Payne)
    - Matthew Porretta (Dr Casper Darling, Control / Voice of Alan Wake)
    - Moderated by Madeline Ricchiuto, Head Games Writer at Bleeding Cool

Cast of Remedy's Control Signing

7:30 - 8:30pm [Room 1A18]
    Following the Control talk, the four panelists will stay for an hour-long meet-and-greet with fans, closing Friday's series of NYCC activities.

Panelists include:
    - Sam Lake (Creative Director, Remedy Entertainment)
    - Courtney Hope (Jesse Faden, Control / Quantum Break's Beth Wilder)
    - James McCaffrey (Zachariah Trench, Control / Voice of Max Payne)
    - Matthew Porretta (Dr Casper Darling, Control / Voice of Alan Wake)

If you're heading to the convention for the first time, I recently spoke a friend, the lovely Stella of Stella's Tomb Raider Walkthrough about tips for first-time attendees.
    Last edited by Jaden; 10-04-2018, 09:44 PM.
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Thought about something... mostly Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. It's kind of a place where King universe collides. Right?!
    Then I thought. What about the names?

Matthew Porretta: Darling - Alan Wake, a remedy darling.

James McCaffrey: Trench - Max Payne: Fighting in drug war trenches.

Courtney Hope: Faden: Beth Wilder - Faded in time...out of time...who knows!?

Tower? Cute character names? Remedy? New Weird?

It's a cook book!!!
    I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

I guess it's meta on remedy entertainment.

The past. Former director Max Payne.

Head of research. Darling. Fan theories. Alan Wake

Future. Jesse Faden...future stuff. Something to really but remedy back into remedy. Zass! Wham!
      The new director.

Or something....oh hey, a tumbleweed!

*runs into the wild*

[edit] Max Payne (bullet time) defined remedy. Control will do it again. Be something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
        Matthew Porretta: Darling - Alan Wake, a remedy darling.

It's a cook book!!!
        Whenever anyone mentions his character, my mind immediately goes to Blackadder and Captain Darling.
        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden
          Whenever anyone mentions his character, my mind immediately goes to Blackadder and Captain Darling.
          Hah! Love Blackadder! That final season is especially marvellous. Surprisingly emotional ending.

Comment

Working...
          X