No announcement yet.

Epic Games Store Exclusive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm with Nya on this one.. I don't trust Epic Games so I don't want to use them, simple as that. Don't care if they exclusive every PC game released from now till doomsday, I will just find a different hobby to focus on. I feel sorry for people who feel like they have to get a game from a distributor they don't like, all because there's no choice. There's always a choice, and I choose to not support companies I don't trust, no matter what the enticement offered.

Comment

I hate this too. How do game devs NOT have a say in how their game is distributed? Isn't there some obvious way they can say, No, we're not doing that? I mean, they made the game, they should be able to just go, We are not going to let you have it to distribute if you decide to go that route.

What am I missing here? Who in their right minds would let someone have their creation to just do with it how and what they want?

Comment

I'm not buying it on day-one for few reasons really: After Quantum Brake it's hard to be excited about CONTROL. I'm a bit curious about the story and theories it may have so I will try to watch a walkthrough on YouTube and see if it's something for me or not. We can always give it a go a year later on Penguin for 6.99USD

Comment

Originally posted by thermos View Post
          ...After Quantum Brake it's hard to be excited about CONTROL. ...
          Considering all the bad news surrounding the game I tend to agree.
          I think I was more excited to play Death Rally 2012 than Control.
          I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Guys there is a big disccount now on the Epic Store. The Game pre order is really cheap https://www.epicgames.com/store/es-E...t/control/home
            Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
            Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

I made this account just to say NO to Epic Store. I got Control bundled with my new RTX Super card and I will NOT install and register an Epic account even for a free game.

Comment

I absolutely believe what Epic is doing is good for both consumers and the industry in the long run, but it certainly isn't good for the consumer short term.

Since I don't really care about most Steam features the state of the Epic launcher doesn't bother me too much personally though. Plus even early on it's already better than the joke that is the Microsoft Store, so I'll certainly buy Control. What bugs me though is the increased risk that the distribution platform fails and I lose my games library. Fortnite money could dry up very quickly if something else starts to take it's place, and with a new console generation around the corner Unreal Engine could be facing even more severe competition.

I'm willing to bet that the Epic Store is very far from being self sustaining at the moment, where it would continue to grow even if Epic becomes unable to funnel money into it from other sources.

Comment

I struggle to see a choice of launcher being a matter of any significance. If the makers get to keep more of the money that is creamed off by the intermediary, then good for them.

I see fake outrage thrown around like a temper tantrum, at having to use a different launcher, but a virtual monopoly (Steam) has itself been very consumer-unfriendly.

Comment

Aha ha, all this pretext that Epic is good to developers, well it is not, lets not kid ourselves. Epic is paying heaps of hush money to publishers, and the publishers themselves keep that money in all likelihood. And if the publishers share a portion of that money with the developers for arguments sake, I fail to understand how it benefits the actual customers - end gamers who end up buying the game. The customers are suddenly forced to choose from only store, rather then buying from any store, a store which has dubious security credentials and backing, with a launcher that does not support pre-loading properly ( see Borderlands 3 example) and cloud saves properly, where's the support for customers then. Actually Epic Games store does not even have a support forum, so much for supporting the customers eh ! So I can understand why a publisher may support Epic Game Store, as a customer I fail to understand why I need to support Epic Game Store. There is zero support for customers. And now look at all this this pretext of supporting the developers good boy drama, shall we ? That good boy facade fell flat faced when a developer refused to let their game become Epic store exclusive - See the example of when DARQ developer refuse to go with Epic Store exclusivity , how Epic did not allow the developer to publish the game on EGS platform at all saying that Epic Game Store can only accommodate a small number of releases ( https://www.pcgamer.com/au/darq-deve...e-exclusivity/) - double standards much ? All this drama and facade of being a good boy supporting developers, fact is zero support for customers, and the drama for supporting developers/publishers only applies if you accept their exclusivity deal, otherwise you cant even publish your game on their store .

Comment

I struggle to see a choice of launcher being a matter of any significance. If the makers get to keep more of the money that is creamed off by the intermediary, then good for them.

I see fake outrage thrown around at having to use a different launcher, but given the huge profit impact, I really can't blame the publisher.

Comment

Sorry about the double-post, not sure why the forum was nagging me about restoring my post when it had already successfully posted. Either way, we'll know soon enough whether the decision to go with Epic on PC will significantly impact interest or not.

Comment

Working...
                        X