Epic Games Store Exclusive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arugula
    started a topic Epic Games Store Exclusive!

Epic Games Store Exclusive!

505 just signed a deal with Epic for one year. Was looking forward to be on Steam but this may be the reason to try out Epic?

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/remed...-for-one-year/

Other exclusives coming to Epic:
    https://kotaku.com/epic-snags-more-m...ant-1833426574

• Danzaiver
    replied
    Guys there is a big disccount now on the Epic Store. The Game pre order is really cheap https://www.epicgames.com/store/es-E...t/control/home

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied
    Originally posted by thermos View Post
    ...After Quantum Brake it's hard to be excited about CONTROL. ...
    Considering all the bad news surrounding the game I tend to agree.
    I think I was more excited to play Death Rally 2012 than Control.

Leave a comment:

• thermos
    replied
    I'm not buying it on day-one for few reasons really: After Quantum Brake it's hard to be excited about CONTROL. I'm a bit curious about the story and theories it may have so I will try to watch a walkthrough on YouTube and see if it's something for me or not. We can always give it a go a year later on Penguin for 6.99USD

Leave a comment:

• EbonHawk
    replied
    I hate this too. How do game devs NOT have a say in how their game is distributed? Isn't there some obvious way they can say, No, we're not doing that? I mean, they made the game, they should be able to just go, We are not going to let you have it to distribute if you decide to go that route.

What am I missing here? Who in their right minds would let someone have their creation to just do with it how and what they want?

Leave a comment:

• EbonHawk
    replied
    Yeah, I'm with Nya on this one.. I don't trust Epic Games so I don't want to use them, simple as that. Don't care if they exclusive every PC game released from now till doomsday, I will just find a different hobby to focus on. I feel sorry for people who feel like they have to get a game from a distributor they don't like, all because there's no choice. There's always a choice, and I choose to not support companies I don't trust, no matter what the enticement offered.

Leave a comment:

• Nya`
    replied
    Honestly I may not buy this game at all because of this, and I own both a PC, Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro. I don't condone these kind of dealings and it says a lot about the consumer oriented choices the publisher is making. Sure Remedy has no involvement with this decisions as far as I am aware but it reflects on them and it reflects on their product. I also have other problems which I'm about to bring up in another thread.

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied
    I wouldn't have such a big problem with the Epic Games Store if it was an actual good alternative to Steam (like gog.com for example), but there is literally no reason to use it aside from playing the exclusive games that they bought.

And now that Jaden mentions it, yeah there were updates on the steam page I remember those. Weird how fast something can happen when there's money in it.
    Still, it's a dick-move to me but I'm looking forward to play the PC-Version in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• arugula
    replied
    Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post

I don't think any body hates Epic store because of just another launcher issue. It is a factor, but it is more then that, like their dirty one year exclusive policy.

And you are wondering where they were promoting STEAM, you don't even have to further, Steam was promoted in there very first trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Idtqyx6gsU

Their World Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyYRBLrPd4

No one is assuming, it was right there in the official videos, you see.
    They just list Steam as a platform nor does it say exclusive, and nor does it give a release date. They still releasing on steam, but in 2020.

Who knows, maybe Remedy will jump in and have 505 games change this? They really haven't stated anything publicly yet. Maybe they will soon as the Steam discussion pages are filling up with people annoyed at it being Epic exclusive. Hopefully they will release a statement.

Leave a comment:

• GameBunny77
    replied
    Originally posted by arugula View Post

Lol, I really thought doom was epic for some reason and didnt really follow up in that one. haha. I edited the post.

I think Epic store will be fine. I understand you dont want to install like many others. That is your choice. It was same thing with Steam when it first launched. Everyone hated it and made an excuse on why they wouldnt use. Nobody wanted to have to log in and always have an online internet connection just to play a game, but look at where we are now.

Were they promoting as Steam exclusive? All i saw that it was coming to PC but wasnt specified. Didnt see anyone mention it was Steam exclusive? I think everyone just automatically assumes when a game releases on PC it will automatically be on Steam. Which is understandable how big it has gotten but Epic is about to make a big splash.
    I don't think any body hates Epic store because of just another launcher issue. It is a factor, but it is more then that, like their dirty one year exclusive policy.

And you are wondering where they were promoting STEAM, you don't even have to further, Steam was promoted in there very first trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Idtqyx6gsU

Their World Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyYRBLrPd4

No one is assuming, it was right there in the official videos, you see.

Leave a comment:

• arugula
    replied
    Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
    As I have already implied, I still heavily disagree, but I also don't want to argue about that topic.
    And I am still disappointed in Remedy, as it was their decision to partner with 505. They know what they've signed.
    Today I read that there is going to be content exclusive to the digital Playstation 4 Version.
    No Collector's Edition either - again!
    I really can't imagine this situation getting worse.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant with Doom, but Doom is not from Epic Games and it is not running on Unreal Engine.
    Epic haven't released a game since Gears 3 (2011). They pretty much killed all of their projects when Fortnite came out - RIP Unreal Tournament.
    Lol, I really thought doom was epic for some reason and didnt really follow up in that one. haha. I edited the post.

I think Epic store will be fine. I understand you dont want to install like many others. That is your choice. It was same thing with Steam when it first launched. Everyone hated it and made an excuse on why they wouldnt use. Nobody wanted to have to log in and always have an online internet connection just to play a game, but look at where we are now.

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
    I feel like it was a pretty late decision to have it has an Epic exclusive at launch. 505Games' Community Manager was originally posting regular updates on the Steam page until late February when it all stopped. I guess they agreed sometime around then? It's a little strange as the publisher was previously promoting it as a Steam exclusive.
    Were they promoting as Steam exclusive? All i saw that it was coming to PC but wasnt specified. Didnt see anyone mention it was Steam exclusive? I think everyone just automatically assumes when a game releases on PC it will automatically be on Steam. Which is understandable how big it has gotten but Epic is about to make a big splash.

Leave a comment:

• Jaden
    replied
    I feel like it was a pretty late decision to have it has an Epic exclusive at launch. 505Games' Community Manager was originally posting regular updates on the Steam page until late February when it all stopped. I guess they agreed sometime around then? It's a little strange as the publisher was previously promoting it as a Steam exclusive.

Leave a comment:

• thermos
    replied
    We have Steam, Microsoft Store (uninstalled), UPlay (uninstalled), Origin and now Epic. I'm sure we shall have more by the end of the year

Leave a comment:

• LSKzane
    replied
    As I have already implied, I still heavily disagree, but I also don't want to argue about that topic.
    And I am still disappointed in Remedy, as it was their decision to partner with 505. They know what they've signed.
    Today I read that there is going to be content exclusive to the digital Playstation 4 Version.
    No Collector's Edition either - again!
    I really can't imagine this situation getting worse.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant with Doom, but Doom is not from Epic Games and it is not running on Unreal Engine.
    Epic haven't released a game since Gears 3 (2011). They pretty much killed all of their projects when Fortnite came out - RIP Unreal Tournament.
    Last edited by LSKzane; 03-26-2019, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arugula
    replied
    Don’t be disappointed in Remedy as this was not their decision. 505 games is the publisher and it’s up to them. I have said in another post that I am very suprised Remedy does not distribute its own games by now.

I enjoyed playing MP, AW, and QB and Im sure ill enjoy Control so it doesnt matter to me what platform it is on. Whether I buy it off of Epic or Steam, Remedy will still have my support.

Plus, Epic is still in an infant state. Same with Steam when they were first starting out. Only in time will you be given extra support for games with mods, cloud saves or whatever else they’ll bring.

Epic is a good company and they are not the greedy ones. Unreal engine is free to anyone to use until your game is ready to ship. Just look at doom. That game looks and plays amazing on any platform. Its their own engine and it shows.

Sounds like they support the game industry as a whole and I believe this will benefit the gamers as much as the publishers/developers.

Especially indie devs who may have a hard time getting their game launched. I feel this competition is good and its a good way to get Steam to bring even better features to a platform that has become quite stagnant.
    Last edited by arugula; 03-27-2019, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X