Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox users are getting completely shafted on the Deluxe Edition...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox users are getting completely shafted on the Deluxe Edition...

Both are going to cost the same which is probably $80, I have to go through the same efforts to get the game but my experience and content will be lesser if I choose Xbox? I've purchased all of your games since release without question.. But this? Nah...

Who makes these decisions? Why is this a thing especially considering Remedy's roots with the Xbox community? Do you think I want to support this game now because of this and to an even worse degree the game being made exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC?

Poor decision after poor decision, and this looked so promising... What exactly is Deluxe about this? It's a Deluxe slap in the face...

This is the first time a Remedy game will be on a Playstation. Maybe they just testing the waters and want to make a big splash entering the scene with the fan base? I do agree though that exclusives do hurt and only make the industry worse. The publishers get the exclusive deal money while the developers only get sales royalties, but I guess thats just business as bad and poor taste that it is.

I never liked 505 games as a publisher with a lot of other games. This only proves more of my point.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
      This is the first time a Remedy game will be on a Playstation. Maybe they just testing the waters and want to make a big splash entering the scene with the fan base? I do agree though that exclusives do hurt and only make the industry worse. The publishers get the exclusive deal money while the developers only get sales royalties, but I guess thats just business as bad and poor taste that it is.

I never liked 505 games as a publisher with a lot of other games. This only proves more of my point.
      No it's not, both Max Payne and Max Payne 2 were on PlayStation 2.

Comment

I have to agree that 505 seems to be doing a really semi-good job on the release of the game.
        Where I live, the Steelbook Edition doesn't even seem to be available at all, so I'm stuck with the normal Retail xbox Edition, which is lame.
        And on top of that, the xbox and PC versions are missing a mission from the game.

I am very happy that a Remedy game will finally be available on 3 platforms at launch, but 505 doesn't seem like a very sympathetic publisher to me in the way they are handling it.
        I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
          I have to agree that 505 seems to be doing a really semi-good job on the release of the game.
          Where I live, the Steelbook Edition doesn't even seem to be available at all, so I'm stuck with the normal Retail xbox Edition, which is lame.
          And on top of that, the xbox and PC versions are missing a mission from the game.

I am very happy that a Remedy game will finally be available on 3 platforms at launch, but 505 doesn't seem like a very sympathetic publisher to me in the way they are handling it.
          Xbox and PC are also missing a mission? Do you a link for this or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Nya` View Post
            No it's not, both Max Payne and Max Payne 2 were on PlayStation 2.
            It was no longer a Remedy game then. IP was Sold to take 2 in 2002 i believe it was. So i didnt count that as it was no longer Remedy’s game.

Comment

3 platforms at launch? It is a timed exclusive on Epic for one year. Unless they changed that?

Comment

arugula
                PC(epic), Xbox and Playstation.

Nya`
                You can read that in the pre-order faq.
                The very existence and need of such thing is ridiculous.
                The
                Playstation-Version gets an exclusive mission and some other stuff that is exclusive to that version and will apparently never be available to the other versions.
                After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control

Comment

arugula

Nya`
                  You can read that in the pre-order faq.
                  The very existence and need of such thing is ridiculous.
                  The
                  Playstation-Version gets an exclusive mission and some other stuff that is exclusive to that version and will apparently never be available to the other versions.
                  That is so absurd, this mess plus the Epic Store debacle... Customer lost.

Comment

arugula
                    Ahh ok. I recently purchased an XB1X to play RDR2 and it looks amazing. I guess ill just buy control on the xbox instead of PC. Im sure itll look great and Remedy games always play very well on any platform.

Comment

Yup it does look like the PS4 version does come with "An exclusive extra side mission, “Isolation” " that is not available on PC and Xbox at all. Honestly who make such terrible decisions to ruin sales of a great game ? Honestly developers make such a huge effort to make a great game, and then sales get lost because of mind boggling terrible corporate decisions. It is already out of my Day 1 buy list after it went Epic Store exclusive, and now this is turning really bitter with this game after decisions like the above. Really bitter Remedy, just read the feedback and pass on the feedback to those greedy decision makers, read the sign.

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post

Ahh ok. I recently purchased an XB1X to play RDR2 and it looks amazing. I guess ill just buy control on the xbox instead of PC. Im sure itll look great and Remedy games always play very well on any platform.

RDR2 looks truly amazing on that console. I too own a Xbox One X and will be playing Control on that.
                        But I do remember Quantum Break being not that great on base Xbox One. At least the PC Version that I played a couple of months after when it released on retail was much much better.
                        I hope the One X Version will be great nevertheless.

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
                        Yup it does look like the PS4 version does come with "An exclusive extra side mission, “Isolation” " that is not available on PC and Xbox at all. Honestly who make such terrible decisions to ruin sales of a great game ? Honestly developers make such a huge effort to make a great game, and then sales get lost because of mind boggling terrible corporate decisions. It is already out of my Day 1 buy list after it went Epic Store exclusive, and now this is turning really bitter with this game after decisions like the above. Really bitter Remedy, just read the feedback and pass on the feedback to those greedy decision makers, read the sign.
                        I'm really not sure whether this will hurt sales. But I'm sure 505 made a good deal with Sony/Epic.

Comment

Yeah, for the past few months I've been trying to understand why would Remedy do this. Not only exclusive content, but it's Expansions will arrive first on PS4, and there's no date to release it on other plataforms. Don't get me wrong, I've loved them becoming multiplataform, more money so they can make more games.

But they're depriving the ones who supported them to have the same full experience.

And I sincerely fear for the worst after todays news about Alan Wake, just the thought of years supporting and asking for Alan Wake 2, only to be it exclusively released on PS is nauseating.
                          "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

I think i read on the faq that some of the dlc is launch only and you can't buy it again. I am a huge fan of remedy and after finding that out, i may cancel my preorder on pc. The pc version did not get a deluxe edition for some dumb reason.

Comment

Working...
                            X