Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All that power and nothing to do with it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All that power and nothing to do with it?

I have been watching a lot of demos lately and the 30 min one showed during E3 and from what I have seen there is something missing. What I still dont understand or like about Remedy's last couple of games is there is barely any action. I only saw 3 or 4 enemies on screen at any given time. You have all this power and rooms seem to be really big but very empty.

What good is having all these abilities when theres barely anyone to use them on? I said same thing about AW and QB. Story is great, gameplay and the way it feels is great, but has limited action and barely a challenge even on hardest difficulty setting. I was hoping to see a change with Control but from what I have seen it seems the combat is pretty dull and boring.

I hope this isnt the case but i think ill wait for it to be on sale before I buy from what I have seen so far. It just looks to be OK, especially with the very odd looking facial expressions, but im not going to get into that.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

I haven't seen as much gameplay lately but I'm not quite sure I would agree, as I think that there was always enough action on screen. It's definitely no Call of Duty where you get to shoot some dude basically every 5 seconds without a break, but it seems enough imo. Though, I agree that Quantum Break was too easy and that Control should be a bigger challenge.

My biggest concern, aside from the Epic Store bs, is probably the playtime. Quantum Break was a very short game and I just hope that Control can be a bit longer than ~10 hrs.
    I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

I hope there isn't too much action, I'm more into the mood, the atmosphere, story, visuals, authentic level design, mistery and Remedy vibe

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post
        Quantum Break was a very short game and I just hope that Control can be a bit longer than ~10 hrs.
        It was short because there was barely anyone there to stop you from progressing.
        ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
        32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
        WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
        X