Control SLI support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control SLI support

Will Control support multiple GPU's ? With all the steep RTX requirements, SLI support would be welcome.

Probably not. Since most new cards perform just fine on their own now. The support for SLI/crossfire has dropped a lot. I dont think it will and neither did Quantum Break. However, with QB you could use NVIDIA Inspector to configure to support SLI unofficially. Maybe same will be done with Control?
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

There is no SLI support in Control on the PC.

Comment

I see the hardware requirements have been greatly reduced. Even for ray tracing a 2060 is good now. Is this better optimization or, as some suggest, have graphics been downgraded?

Comment

The story around that is a little unusual. The original PC specifications were accidentally revealed on the Epic Store website but they weren't the finalised recommendations and neither of the studios (505Games or Remedy) confirmed them.

Remedy were also very hush-hush about the requirements until a couple of days ago. Myself and another fansite owner tried to reach out to the studios to get a confirmation when they first appeared on the Epic Store but didn't hear anything back, and they didn't comment on any other sites which ran the story. (They have a policy of not commenting on rumours so maybe it was under that umbrella.)

That being said, I don't work for Remedy, so I can't say for sure; it's also possible that they were trialling the reaction to those PC specifications. A lot of media sites were reporting how extremely demanding the original recommendations were, and releasing it with those demands would leave a lot of gamers unable to play it. Which especially wouldn't have been great as pre-order began back in the Spring.
          The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by knotted View Post
            I see the hardware requirements have been greatly reduced. Even for ray tracing a 2060 is good now. Is this better optimization or, as some suggest, have graphics been downgraded?
            the graphics haven't been downgraded!

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
            Myself and another fansite owner tried to reach out to the studios to get a confirmation when they first appeared on the Epic Store but didn't hear anything back, and they didn't comment on any other sites which ran the story. (They have a policy of not commenting on rumours so maybe it was under that umbrella.)
            yup, the policy is that we don't comment on rumours where did you reach out, though? I don't think I ever saw it anywhere, apologies if I missed it
            How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Comment

Originally posted by vidaisonline View Post
              where did you reach out, though? I don't think I ever saw it anywhere, apologies if I missed it
              Nah, it's all cool! It was a few weeks ago when the specifications made an appearance on the Epic Store, but I just took the studio not commenting on rumour or not releasing a statement at that time. I know July tends to be holiday month at the studio so I sent it in the off-chance that there was an official response but didn't really expect to hear back.

I'm glad that the specifications are a lot lower than they appeared on the Epic Store though. I tend to game on XBOX One and PS4 (probably the latter for Control given their content) so it doesn't impact me directly but anything that more people to play and join the community is a good thing. Especially if they were already looking forward to the game and pre-ordered.
              The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Working...
              X