Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Update!

hi everyone,

we put out a blog post addressing some of your feedback and concerns, please have a peek at it here.
    Before we get started, we want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for an incredible launch week. You’ve filled our social timelines with so much enthusiasm, passion and love for Control. For the team here at 505 Games and Remedy, this support has meant the absolute world and we’re so overwhelmed with the positivity from our players.
    How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Thanks for the update! Really waiting on that patch to continue on with the game. I hope the map is going to get more detailed also, not just fixing the bug of not appearing?

Comment

So no FOV adjustments ? Even a modder has released a FOV change mod for Control (https://wccftech.com/control-mods-fov-slider/) and that cant be implemented officially ? And the cutscenes are still not in Ultrawide format (!) so you have to see black bars in each side during cutscenes - surely a 4K version and ultrawide version should be included with games released in 2019 ?

Comment

MOTION BLUR
        Some good news – As part of our next update (tentatively mid to late September) we’ll be providing players with an ON/OFF toggle for Motion Blur and Film Grain. This will come to all platforms.
        Modders managed to put a fix out in hours

Regardless, of what modders have already fixed, another new game, I bought 3 days after this one, with a small 4 person team has already managed a patch, and is promising another one within hours (yesterday now, but bugs don't always agree with the devs plans). Yet a team the size of Remedy can't push out patches when a fix is ready.

I understand the way consoles work, mean they tend to get bigger patches,and have to go through the consoles approval process, so a month wait is reasonable, on consoles.
        PC has none of those issues, and should get patches ASAP, and though console gamers may not like it, they do benefit from the PC getting fixes first.
        The PC players are unofficial patch testers, making giving the devs the biggest testing group they could have, and PC gamers always appreciate getting bugs fixed faster.

Remedy, drop the Console focussed attitude on the PC, and make the smaller, rapid release patches PC is capable of.

I already use 4 or 5 mods fixing specific issues, including a walk key, and find it ironic that a loading screen tip warns about falling, but Keyboard users had the walk ability removed.
        I also tried posting several links to the mods to help other users, but Remedy "Unapproved" every single one of them, and nobody but me can see those posts.
        Not cool Remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhuru N'Uru View Post

Regardless, of what modders have already fixed, another new game, I bought 3 days after this one, with a small 4 person team has already managed a patch, and is promising another one within hours (yesterday now, but bugs don't always agree with the devs plans). Yet a team the size of Remedy can't push out patches when a fix is ready.
          That's how it works though. The smaller the team, the quicker they can react to things. Its the same in every industry. Big companies take forever to do things compared to small organisations. Just the nature of the world really and expecting game development to be any different is kinda stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Cw128 View Post

That's how it works though. The smaller the team, the quicker they can react to things. Its the same in every industry. Big companies take forever to do things compared to small organisations. Just the nature of the world really and expecting game development to be any different is kinda stupid
            No, more devs means the work can be done quicker, not slower. I'm not interested in the same old tired excuses of why it can't be done, only the results.

CDPR, and Larian are much bigger teams, than the one I mentioned, which was Amplify Creations (Game is Decay of Logos).
            Both Larian, and CDPR had pushed several patches to PC, within the first week, or so, of release of their last major games releases:
            Divinity Original Sin 2: Definitive Edition, and Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.
            Those are just two, I remember doing it, and I only buy a few games on release, as I most often just wait for a Complete (all extra content included) release on GOG.

Patches to PC don't have to be large, or bundle multiple fixes, like console ones that have to pay for, and pass MS/Sony certification for every patch.
            Turning motion blur off is trivial, and could be done by users, if Remedy had used the ini files designed for settings, as most other PC games do.

When it involves monetisation losses, even the biggest, and scummiest, AAA publisher owned franchises, have no trouble pushing out updates within hours, not weeks.
            Proving, beyond any doubt, that size of team is not, and never has been, the issue, it's just a tired excuse, and you shouldn't accept, or repeat such feeble excuses.

Comment

• SirBill
              SirBill commented
              Editing a comment
              "No, more devs means the work can be done quicker, not slower" - That is not how software works, ever. Add to that so many platforms to test fixes on and make sure you are not adding new really breaking bugs and you have quite a handful...

They are releasing patches for PC. Just everything you expect can't be at first priority always.

Comment

Its the same for many games, even if a patch would be ready for lets say BFV on PC, it ought to release to all platforms at the same time anyways. They are not going to release a patch for PC and then for PS4 and then after that on XBOX a week after for exemple.

Comment

Originally posted by vidaisonline View Post
                hi everyone,

we put out a blog post addressing some of your feedback and concerns, please have a peek at it here.
                great thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Uhuru N'Uru View Post

I understand the way consoles work, mean they tend to get bigger patches,and have to go through the consoles approval process, so a month wait is reasonable, on consoles.
                  PC has none of those issues, and should get patches ASAP, and though console gamers may not like it, they do benefit from the PC getting fixes first.
                  The PC players are unofficial patch testers, making giving the devs the biggest testing group they could have, and PC gamers always appreciate getting bugs fixed faster.

Remedy, drop the Console focussed attitude on the PC, and make the smaller, rapid release patches PC is capable of.

I already use 4 or 5 mods fixing specific issues, including a walk key, and find it ironic that a loading screen tip warns about falling, but Keyboard users had the walk ability removed.
                  I also tried posting several links to the mods to help other users, but Remedy "Unapproved" every single one of them, and nobody but me can see those posts.
                  Not cool Remedy.
                  There's a walk key mod for PC? I've been waiting for that to come out before playing the game but haven't seen one anywhere. Where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsaucers View Post

There's a walk key mod for PC? I've been waiting for that to come out before playing the game but haven't seen one anywhere. Where did you find it?
                    Not a real mod, but a setting for the cheat engine. You have to install Cheat Engine and search google for "Cheat Engine control", there you will find the matching Cheat Engine Table (first entry). Then you can activate a "walk key". I use this way until it is fixed, because I don't want to run through such a beautiful game

Comment

Originally posted by Titaneus View Post

Not a real mod, but a setting for the cheat engine. You have to install Cheat Engine and search google for "Cheat Engine control", there you will find the matching Cheat Engine Table (first entry). Then you can activate a "walk key". I use this way until it is fixed, because I don't want to run through such a beautiful game
                      Looks like DX11 only? Which would mean choosing between a walk toggle & ray tracing. Wish someone would bang out a proper walk toggle mod already.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsaucers View Post

Looks like DX11 only? Which would mean choosing between a walk toggle & ray tracing. Wish someone would bang out a proper walk toggle mod already.
                        Also runs with DX12! This one worked for me:

"- open the table in a text editor, should use notepad++ or better/equivalent, don't just use window's notepad.
                        - search and replace all "Control_DX11.exe" with "Control_DX12.exe".
                        - save the table, then open the table with CE, hook game as usual."

Comment

Originally posted by Titaneus View Post

Also runs with DX12! This one worked for me:

"- open the table in a text editor, should use notepad++ or better/equivalent, don't just use window's notepad.
                          - search and replace all "Control_DX11.exe" with "Control_DX12.exe".
                          - save the table, then open the table with CE, hook game as usual."
                          Thank you! I will give this a try and maybe finally be able to play

Comment

Not seen all these responses, regarding the also works with DX12, true but not out of the box, you need to do a little text editing first.
                            I'd post a link, to the guide I wrote but Remedy have hidden every post I've made linking to the site, so I'll give a guide to find the guide
                            Feerless Revolution My user names the same Uhuru N'Uru on Control +14 (table Update4.1) - Page 12 - My 21st post (not 20th) dated September 5th, 2019, 12:17 pm
                            I give step by step instructions on how to convert the table to a DX12 one, works fine with v1.03 patch.

Comment

Working...
                            X