Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS lock on PC?

Hy all,

I just bought this game a day ago and it is great and enjoying and everything but someone also has a FPS lock at 60?
    For me it does not matter which settings I use (low, medium or high) I always got my FPS lock at 60.

My gpu is a GTX 1070Ti and my cpu is a i7-4790. So that cannot be a problem. Also I do not have this "issue" with my other PC games.

For more informaion about my game settings is that I am using this game in borderless mode (this no problem at all in any other games) and with 1920x1080 16:9 but I can run it with 2560x1440 16:9. My monitor is capable for higher fps because its refresh rate is 165Hz.
    Also in nVidia setting the vertical sync is turned off.

Can somebody know that there is a FPS lock in the game for PC gamers?

you should leave the vsync on if you have gsync to start with...

Comment

Originally posted by rainswan View Post
      you should leave the vsync on if you have gsync to start with...
      Yes. I am using gsync... But with or without vsync I am also got 60 FPS... So that is not a solution...
      Also gsync should replace vsync so I do not understand why I should use both

Comment

I don't think there is an FPS lock in effect, or if there is it might be tied to specific GPU types. With a 2080ti, DX12 and RTX at Medium, I am getting between 60-80 FPS,averaging in the low 60ss, sometimes dipping into the high 50s. I have GSynch also, with VSynch turned off.

Comment

Somehow Northlight has odd VSYNC implementation when you're in full screen mode. In borderless, the framerate will be unlocked. However, I opt to force VSYNC through the control panel instead of using the ingame VSYNC. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryJI View Post
            I don't think there is an FPS lock in effect, or if there is it might be tied to specific GPU types. With a 2080ti, DX12 and RTX at Medium, I am getting between 60-80 FPS,averaging in the low 60ss, sometimes dipping into the high 50s. I have GSynch also, with VSynch turned off.
            which resolution? if 2k and you have a 2080 ti you must set rtx to full

Comment

There's definitely no FPS limiter, at least not below 100. I get 80 and 90 (in Full HD on a 2080Ti with almost all settings to max).

Comment

Originally posted by rainswan View Post

which resolution? if 2k and you have a 2080 ti you must set rtx to full
                I must? I didn't know this. I just accepted the default RTX setting at Medium. Can you explain more about this? The PC/card is new and I am unfamiliar with RTX.

Comment

I can now confirm that with the 2028 I am not forced to set RTX to full. I can set it to any of the RTX presets or make a custom setting from within the sub-categories.

Comment

Working...
                  X