Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Ray Tracing indirect diffuse lightning bugged ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Ray Tracing indirect diffuse lightning bugged ?

Hi,

I play control on my RTX 2080 (latest drivers for Control) in Ultra/1080p@ 60+ FPS, the game looks fantastic with all RTX options enabled but "Ray Tracing indirect diffuse lightning".

When i enable it, it mainly works and do what it should do, but come with some graphical glitches.

Like strange blinking shadows on the face of my caracter, a kind of thin semi-transparent Layer on the walls and ghosting while moving next to some surfaces.

https://imgur.com/a/o0ACDQ0

That makes this option, who could be really good, just not worth it at all...

Does it works as intended for you ?

Hey,

Just today new Nvidia driver released for Control Game, driver version is 436.15, install this driver via GeForce Experience https://www.geforce.com/drivers. restart your PC and let me know the difference in Ray Tracing performance

Comment

There are definitely some ray tracing/resolution bugs happening, diffuse lighting seems to be a culprit. I'm running a 2080ti and not only does the High preset tank my framerates, it makes the game look fuzzy as the OP stated.

That said, I'm also having issues with the game forcing my resolution rendering lower than my monitor's actual resolution (3440x1440), which is contributing to an overall unplayable image quality. Latest NV drivers are installed. I will be waiting on a patch for this.

Side note (and this deserves it's own thread): there is no "WALK" button on MKB controls. Character model can walk when playing with a controller, but not MKB? Please fix.

Comment

Yes, that's what i thought at first...
        I already installed them, 436.15.
        It doesn't change anything.

Comment

Do you guys updated Windows 10 to version 1903

Comment

Originally posted by alexdjcool View Post
            Do you guys updated Windows 10 to version 1903
            No, i'm on 1809, i didn't think about it, what is your OS version flyingsaucers ?

Comment

And another thing to note on the game, is that even with RTX On, Shadows and lightnings feels kind of incorrect without the "Film grain" effect... I think the lightning of the game has been thought to be used with this option enabled

Comment

My windows is also v1809 but I have no option to update. RTX is very new tech so I'm not surprised but this seems like an issue that will require a patch from Remedy or NV because what I'm experiencing looks nothing like proper ray tracing. Actually I am getting glimpses of what it should be in picture frame reflections, etc, but the fuzz mentioned by OP is magnified tenfold by the game forcing downgrade on my rendering rez, so it's creating a soup of issues that's making it harder to distinguish what graphics option is causing which bugs. I will say that DSLL looks like a blurry mess on my game as well but that's kind of par for the course with DSLL in my experience (Metro, BF5).

Comment

So just get to 1903 too and the horrible ghosting issue from my second picture is still here, as well as the noisy shadows.
                  nd i found out that i am stupid too, the "semi transparent layer" seem to still be here even with RTX off, it might just be glass over the material i was looking, but it produce a good among of ghosting too with RTX ON and camera movements.

So the Ghosting and noisy shadows are definitely issues with the way "Ray Tracing indirect diffuse lightning" is managed.

Strange that the press don't seem to have such problems...

Comment

I can confirm some issues, i have had 1903 since launch, i run a 2080ti had old and new drivers and when Indirect Diffuse Lightings enabled i too have the noise, its more apparent over skin tones
                    https://imgur.com/a/l7rJBO5
                    Are the devs aware of this, as i'd rather wait for a hot fix before playing, as i see the benefits of having it on, but at the moment its like micro shadows floating inches infront of the characters skin

Comment

The ghosting, artifacts and general softness of final output image is due to this method also used in quantum break, temporal reconstruction as mentioned in a tweet by @RiotRMD
                      https://twitter.com/riotrmd/status/717999004848635904

Comment

Originally posted by DroopyPiles View Post
                        I can confirm some issues, i have had 1903 since launch, i run a 2080ti had old and new drivers and when Indirect Diffuse Lightings enabled i too have the noise, its more apparent over skin tones
                        https://imgur.com/a/l7rJBO5
                        Are the devs aware of this, as i'd rather wait for a hot fix before playing, as i see the benefits of having it on, but at the moment its like micro shadows floating inches infront of the characters skin
                        yes i have the same problem, i can't play with my 2080ti 436.15driver, because if i put on "indirect diffuse light RT" i see the main character with heavy noise, but if i put indirect diffuse off i see all more flat and not realistic, i want play with all RT effect so i' ll wait and hope for a patch

Comment

2070 Super. Latest Nvidia driver, and Windows version. I see lots of texture shimmering (esp. light colored stuff like the low gray walls at start of game), and weird fixed shadows floating in front of character textures. Shimmer seems to nearly, but not quite, stop when I stop moving. Character is always moving a little so the floating shadow effect is constant. Disabling indirect diffuse lighting stops it, but it does remove something from the atmosphere of the game.

Comment

• Cathbadhian
                            Cathbadhian commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think disabling that diffuse option just looks overall better - it's too distracting otherwise.

Anything new on this? Anything of future patches or the something from the Devs?

Comment

I'm having a similar issue that is definitely connected to 'indirect diffuse lighting' since it goes away once it is turned off.
                            When moving the camera, doesn't even have to be too fast, a ghosting effect is clearly visible. It's like the global illumination solver is scrambling to keep up with the camera and is lagging behind, causing a sort of trailing effect.

Is a similar issue happening to you?
                            Like you I found it surprising that this issue is not really brought up by many people and began to think that maybe I have a hardware issue...

Comment

Working...
                            X