Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering on PC

Having the following issue:

During combat and in certain locations I get random frame-rate drop, like a stutter, as if the game would micro-freeze. At first I thought maybe the engine doesn't like 32 cores / 64 thread configuration - tried it in legacy mode with 16 cores / 32 threads - same issue persisted. Tried it in game mode with 8 cores / 16 threads - same issue. Tried to run game mode with stock settings w/o manual overclock - same deal. Since the game doesn't suppose SLI only 1 card is being utilized - shows 98-99% utilization.

Settings:
    Maxed out, except MSAA and defused lighting.
    Resolution: 3440x1440.
    No DLSS (makes the image extremely blurry)

System specs:

Threadripper 2990wx @ 4025mhz on all cores
    EVGA 2080ti FTW in SLI
    MSI MEG Creation X399 board
    32gb ddr4 3200 ram (g-skill)
    game is installed on an ssd.
    Windows 10 with latest updates
    Latest nvidia drivers (August 27th release)

I can attest to this, I have the exact same issue. I even updated my 1080Ti to the latest drivers, 436.15, which is the game's "game ready" driver from Nvidia and rebooted fo

System Specs:

Ryzen 3600x @ 4.2Ghz all core overclock (Water cooled)
    EVGA 1080Ti SC2 Black edition (water cooled)
    Asus X570-P latest BIOS v. 1005
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
    Game installed in a HDD
    Windows 10, updated

Comment

i have a 2080ti as well and the game just seems sluggish. checking my fps it's above 90 in most scenarios yet it feels like the game is running at 70. it's sorta weird. other games i own 90 feels buttery smooth. must be something wrong with the frame times or something. can't quiet put my finger on it.

Comment

I have a 2080 and have the same problem running the game at 1440p.

The game is an unoptimized buggy piece of...

Comment

im having this same issue, its making combat pretty difficult

Comment

Any luck figuring how to improve the stuttering ?... I also have a 2080ti and cannot play this game on directx 12 without the stuttering and micro freezes all the time... On dx11 everything works as supposed.. really bad port to pc for now...

Comment

Disabling AMD SMT (intel hyperthreading) worked for me. No more FPS drops.

Comment

I ran across this, I don't have a RTX card so I have no idea if this actually helps or not.

NOTES:
                The system restart listed is likely unnecessary since it's a program specific exception.
                You can also find the Exploit Projection settings by just opening "Settings" and doing a search for "Exploit Settings" there if you have the search bar disabled like me.

(Link to reference article is attached)

"As we've already reported, Control suffers from some really annoying stuttering issues in DX12. However, it appears that this is mostly due to Windows 10 and not the game itself. PC gamers can use Exploit Protection to eliminate all stuttering issues, and we can confirm that this solution works.

In order to fix the DX12 stutters, you'll have to open Exploit Protection via your Windows Search bar. Then, click On the Program Settings Tab and click On The "+ Add programs to customise". Then, click On Choose Exact File Path, find Control_DX12.exe and open it. Afterwards, you'll have to navigate its Program Settings, scroll down to "Control Flow Guard", put check mark in "Override System Settings", turn it Off and Apply.

Ideally, you should also restart your system after applying this fix.

Once you've done this, Control should be running smoothly and without any stutters under DX12. Thanks to this fix, the battle encounters, and no matter how many particles or enemies were on screen, were silky smooth. This fix also works with Ray Tracing, meaning that PC gamers can now enjoy these graphical effects without additional slowdowns. This is a must-have tweak and we strongly suggest making these changes in case you're suffering from stutters under DirectX 12"
                PC gamers can use Exploit Protection in order to eliminate all stuttering issues in Control, and we can confirm that this solution actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by Skolia View Post
                  I ran across this, I don't have a RTX card so I have no idea if this actually helps or not.

NOTES:
                  The system restart listed is likely unnecessary since it's a program specific exception.
                  You can also find the Exploit Projection settings by just opening "Settings" and doing a search for "Exploit Settings" there if you have the search bar disabled like me.

(Link to reference article is attached)

"As we've already reported, Control suffers from some really annoying stuttering issues in DX12. However, it appears that this is mostly due to Windows 10 and not the game itself. PC gamers can use Exploit Protection to eliminate all stuttering issues, and we can confirm that this solution works.

In order to fix the DX12 stutters, you'll have to open Exploit Protection via your Windows Search bar. Then, click On the Program Settings Tab and click On The "+ Add programs to customise". Then, click On Choose Exact File Path, find Control_DX12.exe and open it. Afterwards, you'll have to navigate its Program Settings, scroll down to "Control Flow Guard", put check mark in "Override System Settings", turn it Off and Apply.

Ideally, you should also restart your system after applying this fix.

Once you've done this, Control should be running smoothly and without any stutters under DX12. Thanks to this fix, the battle encounters, and no matter how many particles or enemies were on screen, were silky smooth. This fix also works with Ray Tracing, meaning that PC gamers can now enjoy these graphical effects without additional slowdowns. This is a must-have tweak and we strongly suggest making these changes in case you're suffering from stutters under DirectX 12"
                  This does not work and should not be the goto response for this games terrible performance. 2080ti owner here and if its not the frametime spikes its crashing constantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X