• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PC] Save Game error after game update

Upon launching the game today.
    I noticed 2 things.
    1) the game version had changed
    2) when running the game. It asked me if I wanted to use the "newer" save game on my PC or the "older" one in the cloud.
    I obviously selected the newest.

But to my surprise. After running the game and the first videos game out. A white screen appeared saying: "We could not restore your saved campaign progress. If you proceed now, your campaign progress will be reset."

After closing that window using the button. The game started to blink nonstop (like it was being forced in a loop of minimize and maximize. Except it caused all the focus on all my 3 screens to be lost and kept going back and fort to the game.
    This lasted approximately 20 seconds before the game finally opened.
    But the game asked me to start from 0 (New Campaign).

How can I restore my progress?
    Why did my game get corrupted?

My Specs
    Threadripper 1950X 3.95Ghz
    X399 ASUS PRIME
    32GB DDR4 3466
    Zotac 2070 Super Twin

Latest Windows
    Latest Nvidia Drivers.

Comment

hey that's super weird that this happened, thanks for reporting it! can you please tell us everything about this using the feedback form? https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/control/index.html

thanks so much!
      How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Comment

Originally posted by cesarin View Post
        But to my surprise. After running the game and the first videos game out. A white screen appeared saying: "We could not restore your saved campaign progress. If you proceed now, your campaign progress will be reset."

After closing that window using the button. The game started to blink nonstop (like it was being forced in a loop of minimize and maximize. Except it caused all the focus on all my 3 screens to be lost and kept going back and fort to the game.
        This lasted approximately 20 seconds before the game finally opened.
        But the game asked me to start from 0 (New Campaign).

How can I restore my progress?
        Why did my game get corrupted?
        This exact thing just happened to me too, same dialog box message with a single button. Lots most of my progress - material, weapon forms, outfits, mods, all gone. Weirdly, some mission progress is still there. Pretty disappointing, since I had nearly everything upgraded and was on the Finnish Tango mission

Comment

This is what's happening iny game too, was a fix every found??

Comment

Working...
          X