X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death Rally for Windows released

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    Quite a bit of interest indeed for a 13year old game
    Any numbers of how many downloads already ?

Comment

Thanks for win-adaptation! ))

Comment

I noticed an issue. I accidentally did the first installation in wrong folder and when I used the uninstall.exe the uninstaller deleted not only the Death Rally files, but every file that was in that folder (not the folders in that folder luckily).

To explain further, I installed into F:\Games\ folder and noticed I should've installed DR to own folder, used uninstaller.exe and all the files in F:\Games disappeared. But luckily sub-folders like F:\Games\Fallout3\ etc. were intact. So nothing serious happened to me, just lost few installation packages.

Thank you for releasing this great game for free!

Comment

Thank you for giving it out for free Im loving it, but my driving skills are a bit rusty

Comment

Awesome stuff guys, I have very fond memories of playing this at network games well over a decade ago.
            Any chance of getting IPX networking enabled? Yeah, we still have that protocol installed, as Atomic Bomberman is a game we still play at LAN games and that requires it too.

Comment

Huge thanks for this release!

I haven't yet gotten to download and try it, but according to the FAQ, multiplayer is disabled because it was done via IPX? IPX multiplayer is possible in local area networks and also over the Internet using for example Hamachi, so if there's an easy way to enable multiplayer (only for IPX), please do it.

Comment

On a side note, if you get old DOS-games to work in Dosbox, it is possible to play these old classics in multiplayer over the internet, because Dosbox can somewhow emulate a dial-up modem and "call" an IP address instead of a phone number. I can't remember if this worked in Death Rally or not, but I'll give it a try soon.

Comment

Yeah, that's a really great news. Thank you guys.

I noticed that we earn significantly more money during the race in this version than we used to in the good old game. Is it a choice you made, or was I really, really lucky (3 "$500" items in 20 minutes seems a bit surprising to me).
                  NPG seem also a bit less... aggressive (but i'm not sure about that...).

Anyway, thank you again. My old DR CD didn't work anymore, and I got bored using Dosbox. You really made my day

Comment

Originally posted by Yosko View Post
                    I noticed that we earn significantly more money during the race in this version than we used to in the good old game. Is it a choice you made, or was I really, really lucky (3 "$500" items in 20 minutes seems a bit surprising to me).
                    NPG seem also a bit less... aggressive (but i'm not sure about that...).
                    There shouldn't be any differences like this; not intentional, in any case. Some math (like random number generation) may work out slightly differently because of different compiler.
                    Last edited by Sol_HSA; 10-21-2009, 02:05 PM.
                    http://iki.fi/sol/ - my schtuphh

Comment

Oh ok. It's probably just my lucky day
                      Thank you

Comment

This really brings back memories such a shame there's no multiplayer though, oh well

Comment

Fantastic news, I played it all night and completed it. Man it's just as addicting as it was back in the days. Oh well, I'm playing it all over again but taking my time this time round... I love it when you go from Sentinal to Shrieker, those double guns kick ass.
                          Last edited by tradedemon; 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM.
                          1UPGamers - Retro Gaming Articles

Comment

Got Internet multiplayer working in the DOS version. I posted instructions here:
                            http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?p=50674
                            Last edited by Juhgu; 10-21-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I wish to thank you guys for this awesome game! Again. =)

I have played this game a lot when I was a child.

About the release, I'm more addicted to old school games (I have a PC for DOS games, hehe) but this will let the gamers who missed this fantastic game feel the experience of a very good game.

Comment

Hi,

i just registered only to post this.
                                I purchased Death Rally back in 1996 and i loved it!
                                When i read about the re-release yesterday i was instantly re-addicted and had so much fun for hours.

I'd like to thank you very much for this fine piece of Software.

Comment

Working...
                                X