Death Rally for Windows released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death Rally for Windows released

Remedy I just love you for made this possible!
    Playing Death Rally from Chile since 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by moelanen View Post
      I noticed an issue. I accidentally did the first installation in wrong folder and when I used the uninstall.exe the uninstaller deleted not only the Death Rally files, but every file that was in that folder (not the folders in that folder luckily).

To explain further, I installed into F:\Games\ folder and noticed I should've installed DR to own folder, used uninstaller.exe and all the files in F:\Games disappeared. But luckily sub-folders like F:\Games\Fallout3\ etc. were intact. So nothing serious happened to me, just lost few installation packages.

Thank you for releasing this great game for free!
      That's probably a bit of a bug in the Nullsoft Installer. I have that with other uninstallers created with NSIS, it will simply remove ALL the files in the installation directory, instead of just the files it installed in the first place.

But once you know, you learn to install those games in a seperate folder.

Comment

Hi and thanks for re-release!!

from Chile

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Comment

When writing the DOS-version multiplayer instructions, I came across the issue that the multiplayable DOS version is illegal to share while the Windows version is not.

I wonder why that is. I mean, people probably won't personally mind the game being shared (why would they give away the Windows version if they did?), but legal issues sometimes get more complicated (and interesting) than that. So if you can shed some light on this, I'm all ears.

(Please note that I'm not complaining about the illegal status of DOS Death Rally, I'm just curious. I own the game anyway.)

Comment

I believe that Apogee a.k.a. 3DRealms is still selling the DOS version on their site.
            I too own the DOS version but it's too bad that the DOS version has not been released as a FREE download.

I believe that 3DRealms doesn't have an actual stock anymore, so the only thing they provide is a downloadable version. In my opinion they shouldn't have any losses if the DOS version were to be released as a FREE download as well.

Comment

There were a surprising number of legal hoops that Remedy had to jump through in order to release the free Windows version. Just some of the things included trademarks, ratings clarifications and conditions of release. To include multiplayer would have added even more complexity that isn't really justified in a free release, especially given the work required to ship Alan Wake in time...
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Wow that things have to be so difficult.. well, this is a dream come true. There's two games i especially remember from the 90's for their awesome music and gameplay and one of them is finally re-released. Thank you!

Also, I didn't care much for the multiplayer anyway so thats fine. Thanks again people. I'll buy Alan Wake just for this

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful release, it was amazingly fun to play this game again ^^

Comment

Hi
                    Remedy You are just awesome !
                    Thanks for re-releasing this game =D
                    I so much played the shareware version back then, and for me It was and still one of the best DOS games I ever played.

Comment

Glad you all are enjoying the re-release! It's great to see how much everyone still loves this classic.

Comment

Hello
                        This summer I had nostalgistic feelings about this game and now I'm downloading it's re-release, what a coincidence!
                        But it's not only nostalgia, for me game is still actual and i want to ask developers about the purpose of this re-release, maybe after Alan Wake you are going to make Death Rally 2? This may be great!

Greetings from the past
                        Attached Files
                        http://monodrive.ru

Comment

And I've got a bug to report:

1. You are playing without weapons and making a quicksave
                          2. Then go to underground market (in another game)
                          3. And then load your quicksave, so you can use all the underground stuff in gunless mode!

PS: And what about the multiplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by scv0 View Post
                            And I've got a bug to report:

1. You are playing without weapons and making a quicksave
                            2. Then go to underground market (in another game)
                            3. And then load your quicksave, so you can use all the underground stuff in gunless mode!

PS: And what about the multiplayer?
                            Oh, that's interesting.

I've never played without the weapons, so...

But now that you know it, you can avoid it.

Comment

Another underground market bug:
                              Underground stuff price differs for different cars.
                              But you always can buy all the underground stuff for low price and then go back and buy a new car.

Comment

And a question: any chance of extending in-game screen resolution?

Comment

Working...
                                X