Death Rally for Windows released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death Rally for Windows released

scv0 that underground bug has probably been in the original game too. After over 10 years I'd call it a feature

The in-game screen resolution is not easily extensible, actually it runs by default in your desktop resolution but since it's a 2D game rather than 3D game the art would need to be re-authored for a higher resolution for you to see any benefit.

Comment

Yes it was in original, but as for me it's not a feature at all

I thought car textures can "tell us more", but they look very pixelerated because of in-game resolution. Even in windowed mode with original, not stretched resolution. But maybe it's just look like this...
      http://monodrive.ru

Comment

Guys, thanks a lot for this great game!!!
        The target of the POWERPLAY MANAGER project is to create a collection of online sport manager games. The first sport - hockey - is already available for playing in the full version.

Comment

Hello,

i'm so happy i found this game again... and free... amazing Thank you
          you made my dark day bright

Comment

I regestered just to say ;

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Best game ever, I remember I could never find the full version when I was a kid so we stuck with the shareware version and played it over and over and over again. Then one X-mas my folks surprised me and bought this game for me. Best Xmas ever - they had to take the comp away from me numerous times from me coz i wouldn't stop playing it I fought hard to get that comp back.

Great game, thanks for re-releasing it again. To be 100% honest If you guys put the re-worked version up for SALE with the Multi Player issue fixed I would have purchased it without a second thought.

But thank you so much for investing some time on fixing this version and putting it up.

Thanks a million.

Comment

Thanks a lot Remedy for this.

I never played the orginal as I was a kid back then and our family wasn't exactly what you would call affluent. We were only able to afford a Super Nintendo and later on the Nintendo 64; and even then we could only afford a few games here there.
              So as a gamer who missed out on a lot of the old classics and who is now trying to experience them, this really helps us out.

Glad to see that some developers still have their gaming soul firmly intact even while they're surrounded in an Industry lush with Money.
              Alan... Alan... You can run, but you can't hide.

Comment

Ok.

As a lot of people did already, I also registered here JUST to say a big THANK YOU REMEDY!

This game is encrusted in my memory since the very first time I played it's demo, back in 1997-8 I believe. Since them, I've always recommended it to every one of my friends.

As I live in Brazil, it was very hard to get the full game at that time, and we all ended up playing a ripped copy. A few years ago, I finally ordered the complete game from the website, as a way to apologize for the fact that I played a pirate copy for so long and to thank you guys for the amazing game. It's still sealed, protected in my desk.

In short, I would like to formally thank everyone who worked in this project, and say that it was quite a surprise to me when I was talking to a new friend and went over to youtube to search for a Death Rally gameplay video to show him the game. I ended up finding one mentioning in it's description that the game was re-released free for Windows.

You guys made my day today. I have downloaded and played this gem for a bit already and it does work awesome on Vista. I will keep recommending it, even more so than before. Watch out for Brazillian downloads over there xD

Big thank you from Brazil, and hope you do more of this insane fan-service you guys did here.
                Juliano Goncalves

Comment

Thank you remedy for this great release
                  been playing it non stop today

Such great memories

thanks again guys
                  Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Great thank to Remedy for this release!!! I could not belive that when I heard about that! I played the shareware very often and when I bought the final release (I had to import that because it wasnt sold in germany) I played it for six hours the first time and it was the most played game in 1997 (by me and my friends, still have the original Dos Version and never give it away!)! I love it because it is unique and very funny. All the imitations of Death Rally were big crap!

Thank you very much and long live Death Rally!!!!!

Comment

Great to read all of these praises over here! Glad you're enjoying it still!

Comment

registered to say THANK YOU, and let you know how excited i am for alan wake. big fan of silent hill/lost/stephen king/remedy and i am sure it will be awesome. for now, i've got some races to run!

kiitti!

mike (brisbane, australia)

Comment

Originally posted by appa4104 View Post
                          registered to say THANK YOU, and let you know how excited i am for alan wake. big fan of silent hill/lost/stephen king/remedy and i am sure it will be awesome. for now, i've got some races to run!

kiitti!

mike (brisbane, australia)
                          i am exited as well
                          I'm back.

Comment

I couldn't really get it to work back then in 1996. Thanks, Remedy.
                            If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.

Comment

Great thanks from Russia for this release, Remedy!
                              Me and my friends are still enjoying this fantastic & cool game!..

Comment

Really cool to play this game again after so many years.... Thanks from Brazil guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X