Darken car colours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darken car colours?

It may be my imagination, but I seem to remember being able to not only change your car's colour, but make them darker as well.

Is there any way to do this?

Also, I noticed that CPU controlled cars have darker colours, so this makes sense to me.

Edit: P.S. I love Death Rally! Thank-you for releasing it! I played the Shareware version all the time when I was a kid. I'll be sure to tell all my friends about this!

Re: Darken car colours?

Originally posted by fartboy View Post
    It may be my imagination, but I seem to remember being able to not only change your car's colour, but make them darker as well.

Is there any way to do this?
    I've no memory of being able to choose brightness of color in the original game, but I could be wrong.

Comment

You can choose the color when you buy a car, there's a slider.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
        You can choose the color when you buy a car, there's a slider.
        You're kidding me...

That's not what I asked.

Comment

Sorry, read your post too quickly it seems The win version is a direct port from the DOS in that regard, and we haven't had a 'darken' feature.

Comment

Thank-you.

Any plans for adding this feature, or other things like loading a picture off of your computer for a custom driver? Or playing as The Adversary's Deliverator?

Comment

This free version was just a straight port from the DOS version and we haven't planned any updates other than bug fixes for it.

If we decide to do something more with the Death Rally in the future any ideas like the above can be considered.

Comment

So is it possible to do so just by twitching some files in the directory of death rally?

Comment

Hey I didn't see this thread... yeah it would be nice... maybe with hex editor, but how to find the values??!!

Edit: Downloaded TSearch and trying to edit some values... got nothing yet...
                  Last edited by ArchVile; 03-26-2010, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to answer to this thread... Lmao.
                    Just download Doomfrost's Death Rally Mod. You can find the link in my signature (you have to click on ссылкой). You can choose different car colors like black, grey, brown, etc. Difficulty is harder than "I got petrol in my veins" and the ranking list is "upside down" (for example, Duke Nukem drives a Vagabond and Bogus Bill owns a Deliverator). The mod consists in a saved game (it's called "new universe"): all you have to do is putting the saved game into your Death Rally folder and loading it!
                    Link for downloading DoomFrost's DR mod: http://slil.ru/28233680/4065b870.4b335888/DR.SG3

Death Rally Online Group: http://cid-0009df616233b826.groups.live.com

Comment

Hey Raffaello thx for replying... ammm... well... this savegame file just have greg peck as the driver... ammm d'you know Doomfrost's nickname or email!?! I'd like to know which adresses he used to change the colors... I played a little with it, but I preffer to just change the color... if he could tell me how he did it... I tried to change some values using TSearch, but didn't have any success... well anyway, thank you very much for replying...

Comment

Hey ammm replying again... well, I've been searching on TSearch's Hex editor some numbers, and managed to found stuff like points in the ranking, the player ID (but changing it didn't change the picture), but still didn't find where the colors are... there are some strange numbers, negative and positive, but they don't mean anything clear to me... I'll try a little more, but I hope doomfrost could show up and tell how he did to find the colors and change them... the problem is... I just don't know how the player structure works in death rally, I mean, how they set each player's color, name, pic ID and so on... well ammm, that's all for now... cya.

Comment

Yeah it's very hard. I haven't catched him in a while. I have to ask him how he managed to do all that stuff, too. You can change your car colors only in that particular saved game if you buy a new car, at the moment .
                          Link for downloading DoomFrost's DR mod: http://slil.ru/28233680/4065b870.4b335888/DR.SG3

Death Rally Online Group: http://cid-0009df616233b826.groups.live.com

Comment

Hey Raffaello, thx for the reply... well I didn't mess up with the game this week, didn't have much more time, and I won't til the next week, cause this weekend my friends will be coming and we will pass the holiday probably drunk hehe... ahhh, if you talk to doomfrost send me an email about what he said, or post it here... anyway, good weekend for you all, cya!!!

Comment

@Raffaello: This Mod only works for DOS Version? (which I have but doesnt run well on my system) When I use it on the windows port it always crashes after race. As my hexed Adversary car does

Comment

Working...
                              X