Darken car colours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Darken car colours?

Hey man, thx for the file... I'll check it tomorrow... and you've gotta tell me how did you found those values!!!

Comment

I found out the hexed colors seem to depend if you use opengl or not. I made the savegames on windows 7 where I dont use openGL. Under XPSP3 (opengl) the colours are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermilion View Post
        I found out the hexed colors seem to depend if you use opengl or not. I made the savegames on windows 7 where I dont use openGL. Under XPSP3 (opengl) the colours are different.
        The problem is ... onced under win98 u could change the colors with a hex-editor w/o any problems, but with the dosbox / new winversion, it isnt so easy to change the color ... I try'd out some old savegames, the first car was pure iceblue likes jane hondas, the 2nd one was motor marys color and the 3rd one was the color of mad mac ... with the dosbox and winversion is it pure black, then gray / grey and after the 3rd race ==> Game Crash ^^
        I live to ride

Comment

Yes the game crash after first or sometimes following races, finally somenone with same experience

Comment

Wow, I had no idea that thread would get so popular.

I wish Remedy would take notice and add a light/dark slider to the colour slider as well.

But you guys in this thread are doing an awesome job!

Comment

The hexed colours depend on if you use OpenGL or not. I downloaded my postet savegame here and with opengl the color of Nasty Nick is different (White, than black).

I am also surprised that there's so much interest on these darken colours.

But nice to see there are many fans around Death Rally.

Comment

i remember when i was a kid i always wanted to have more colors, darker or gray or white cars
                this is my favorite game of all time
                i would love that addon for the game
                and/or a next-gen remake of this piece of art

Comment

Working...
                X