Some Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

Hello there everyone, and thanks so much for this new version of Death Rally! I've got some questions for you, though: the first is regarding the keyboard configuration. Do any of you got some troubles with the controls if they're not the standard keys but the customized ones? Like the advice screens "race over" or "abandon race" which doesn't shade off with any key, or some other keys which set off the machine gun, the turbo boost and the acceleration at the same time... I normally use ENTER for the mines, RIGHT SHIFT for the horn, RIGHT CTRL for the turbo boost, INS-0 for acceleration, SPACE BAR for brake and the trouble one is the RIGHT ALT, which should activate only the machine gun, but it actually activates half the commands... My second question is about the lap records: i remember that the in the old versions i had (both shareware and fullware), sometimes they were erase when there were too much of them, so i was never able to have all of them ... So my question is: in this new version, can i finally fill up all of them? Thanks for your attention, and your answers. AND AGAIN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS NEW VERSION OF THE GAME!

Re: Some Questions

Oh, here everything works fine. I play with the left side of the keyboard, but not the defaults.
    Give the left side a try! They right side is too tight, imo. =)

Pay attention in the "advice screens" you said. Looks like they NEED the keys written in them, like ENTER or Y/N (yes or no).

When you say about the records, what's exactly the "too much of them"? Filling one course with all the cars? Or filling a lot of records in general and they disapear?
    The most common for people is filling only with the last cars, as people wanna just beat the game and don't need to buy all the speed upgrades for the first cars. So their speeds are lower.

Comment

Some useful reply, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeth View Post
        Some useful reply, anyone?
        Wow, thanks a lot!

At first I've typed more, with even an example of other game, but changed just to not complain about your lack of experience in gaming due to playing with the right alt and ctrl keys.

If you ever played some more dos games in the 90's you'll know that the "alt gr" key can produce other effects, but of course you'll never figure that out by yourself.

But you're right, better wait for a developer to notice your casual key mapping...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
          Wow, thanks a lot!

At first I've typed more, with even an example of other game, but changed just to not complain about your lack of experience in gaming due to playing with the right alt and ctrl keys.

If you ever played some more dos games in the 90's you'll know that the "alt gr" key can produce other effects, but of course you'll never figure that out by yourself.

But you're right, better wait for a developer to notice your casual key mapping...
          Blahblahblah...
          Oh bother...
          I NEVER had any problem with the alt gr with my old Dos games, not with DR, not even with Doom, Descent, Descent 2, Prince of Persia, Ducktales, and some of other random games... And I started this thread because I THOUGHT a developer was able to explain me why in THIS VERSION the alt gr isn't like the DOS VERSION, 'cause I played DR both (shareware and fullware version) since 1997 (shareware) and 1999(fullware), and it will be a real bother to change the keys after TWELVE YEARS of gaming. About my second question, too, it was just something a developer should know, 'cause if the records chart would be different from the Dos version, I would think a developer changed it. So next time, just say "we don't know no shit"... It's easier. Bye. P.S.: yes, in this version you can have all 108 records with the same character.

Comment

Working...
          X