Adversary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adversary

I think in shareware version but I cannot remember exactly its long time ago I have seen an ingame picture of the track Bogota (or Borneo) and two cars at the start line one of them was the adversarys car. So my question: was that a multiplayer race and it is possible to play as the adversary or was that game not finished at this time so that the final race was the bogota/borneo track. Is there a cheat or a way to play as the boss car?

Edit: Now you can see what I mean the image is form 3DRealms site
    Last edited by Vermilion; 02-05-2010, 12:27 PM. Reason: want to show image

Re: Adversary

Hint: Reach rank 1
    Although, for me the race was on a map named Arena. But damn you better have 1337 skills to beat his ass. Took me like a week to master him

Comment

Chances are that it was an image taken before the final version of the game shipped.
      That's why developers these days are very cautious about releasing screenshots that will actually appear in the game.
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

What you say about that? I shall be glad to say I have made it but it crashes after race and the car is too slow

Wanted to add my image but you have to download it because it doesnt work here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37458511...rsary.JPG.html
        Last edited by Vermilion; 04-11-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermilion View Post
          What you say about that? I shall be glad to say I have made it but it crashes after race and the car is too slow

Awesome! Can you upload your saved game data as well?? Even Doomfrost knew how to do that, but I haven't seen him online anymore!
          Link for downloading DoomFrost's DR mod: http://slil.ru/28233680/4065b870.4b335888/DR.SG3

Death Rally Online Group: http://cid-0009df616233b826.groups.live.com

Comment

I cannot upload the saved game because when you come to your shop screen (where you can buy upgrades for your car and SAVE GAME) the game crashes at once! You can use the adversary car only in race but it is too slow because it seems to have a different driving physics (or something like that) . If I hex the adversary for CPU opponents they also drive slower than usual deliverator.

Sorry

Comment

This looks awesome!

Sadly, this game doesn't seem to be modded very much. I wonder why not

Comment

I modded the adversarys' car but the game crashes when leaving race and the car is too slow. So you have really limited modding opportunities here.

Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                  This looks awesome!

Sadly, this game doesn't seem to be modded very much. I wonder why not
                  If you mean why there's so few mods for it, that's because the game was never designed to be modded.

Most games with mods come with actual instructions on how they can be modded, others (like the original doom) just happen to be so data-driven some folks with too much time in their hands write those instructions by analyzing said data.

Or, if you want to know why I didn't change the game when I ported it - two reasons, really.
                  1. Whatever I changed, there would be some folks that didn't like the change.
                  2. If we modify one thing, why not the second, etc - where to stop?

Personally I'm rather fascinated with folks' obsession with darkening the car colors.
                  http://iki.fi/sol/ - my schtuphh

Comment

I really understand and I am glad, Death Rally is as original as the DOS Version. (But we would be very pleased if mulitplayer would work)

Comment

can u make a new upload of your screenshot pls?
                      and I wanna have your savegame

I tryd also to get the deli of adversary ... I only tested at in the sw of dr long time ago (I was 10 or so) and I got his car w/o any crashes. I dont remember how ... first I got a vagabond and edited the rank 20 offset = position 2099 (car for rank 20) and then I got the deli of adver ... prob was, my opponents was black and white except me and the position 2 and I got no sounds ... BUT!!! the speed was incredible also the strength of his weapons
                      I live to ride

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/39685412...rsary.JPG.html

Thats my new screenshot after your post, the car drives fast and wins the race but after race the game crash.

But maybe we get it together. So you say the value for the adversarys position is 2099 ? what is the value for pos 20 ? My values are 19 for pos 20 and 0 for pos 1. Now when I edit the 19 to 20 I get a crash. When I change my rank to 1 (value 0) in the "select race" menu than one of the opponents is always the adversary. I have to find out which rank he has. Or he has rank 20 but doesnt work
                        Last edited by Vermilion; 06-09-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/39685412...rsary.JPG.html

Thats my new screenshot after your post, the car drives fast and wins the race but after race the game crash.

But maybe we get it together. So you say the value for the adversarys position is 2099 ? what is the value for pos 20 ? My values are 19 for pos 20 and 0 for pos 1. Now when I edit the 19 to 20 I get a crash. When I change my rank to 1 (value 0) in the "select race" menu than one of the opponents is always the adversary. I have to find out which rank he has. Or he has rank 20 but doesnt work
                          Question ... do u have the savegame of your screenshot?
                          If ya ... try to change with your oppenent ^^ How? Open the savegame, check the 2nd Position and edit the 2nd offset ... If u on Rank 20 and u change the offset 1 lower (example= 08 to 07) u get Bogus Bills Car, Face, Money, Upgrades etc ... if u change 08 to 06 u have now Mic Dair etc.
                          do u get it? >.< Bad english, I know ^^
                          I live to ride

Comment

@Zaphire: Good Idea but I did it already and the problem is, that the adversary is not at pos. 1 to 20. The value for pos 20 is 19 and for pos 1 the value is 0. So which value is for the adversary? Value 20 and above crashes the game. Value 256, 512, ... I play as normal opponents (even with their original colours sometimes) again. I dont know what value the adversary's position has.

I could give you a savegame but when finish the race the opponents are normal drivers again. The thing is, When I hex to the first position while I am in the easy medium and hard race menu there is always the adversary within the race. When I loose the race and stay at first pos. the next race will be the final arena. When I loose the race and will be second pos. I will have normal races. So I always have to hex to first pos. when In the race menu. If I save now and load, the track will be the arena again. I hope you understand the logic aspect. Of course when I find a way to use the adversary (with saving) I will post it here!

P.S. There is just another problem, that, I think, will prevent to use the adversary. Whats after finishing the race? The faces for the drivers and their cars are shown and there is no image for the adversary's car. (Maybe therefore it crash when I change my car to the adversary's one, which I showed with the first screenshot).

Greetz Vermilion
                            Last edited by Vermilion; 06-10-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Well ... yesterday I checked something, the old savegae of the dr-shareware. My car is a vagabond, with all upgrades etc ...
                              check this, remember u need the shareware and the best way 1.0
                              http://www.fileuploadx.de/837562
                              maybe theres the key ^^
                              I live to ride

Comment

Working...
                              X