This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iOS Death Rally for iOS released!

LAUNCH OFFER: Get over 15% discount for a LIMITED PERIOD ONLY!

Buy now from the iOS Appstore!
    Appstore Direct Link

DEATH RALLY ain’t messin’ you around… A one-time purchase for your multiple devices! Universally designed for iPHONE™, iPAD™, also with gorgeous OPTIMIZED FEATURES for IPAD2™. Brought to you from REMEDY, renowned developer of MAX PAYNE and ALAN WAKE! LOAD YOUR GUNS, START YOUR ENGINES... IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY, LITERALLY! This is no Sunday Drive. This is DEATH RALLY. The classic top down racer is back, stronger and more vicious than ever. Make a run for the finish line with a trail of broken glass and spent brass behind you... along with the flaming wreckage of any fool dumb enough to get in your way.

Arguably, the best looking racing game for the iPhone and iPad. Race against incredible boss drivers like DUKE NUKEM. The gameplay is addictive, intense, explosive fun, with racing + weapons = awesome! Lock and load and enter the Death Rally, humiliate and destroy your opponents or sabotage the race. You choose how you win, NO TRICK IS TOO DIRTY!

✓ Massive single player career mode, win events, unlock and upgrade cars, weapons and challenges
    ✓ Awesome controls with 2 camera angle options
    ✓ Featuring guest drivers – DUKE NUKEM, BARRY WHEELER, JOHN GORE
    ✓ Leaderboards and achievements via Game Center
    ✓ Runs silky smooth 60fps on iPad2 with full screen anti-alias
    ✓ Free updates including new tracks, cars, weapons and challenges & multiplayer COMING SOON

***IMPORTANT***
    Compatible Devices: Death Rally is ONLY compatible with iPod touch 3rd generation (32GB and 64GB models only!*), iPod touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2.

*iPod touch 3rd generation 8GB model is not a real 3rd generation device, and Death Rally is NOT compatible with it.

Death Rally is an original Remedy Entertainment IP, developed in partnership with Mountain Sheep and Cornfox & Bros.

[SIZE="3"]Screenshots[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Reviews[/SIZE]

Read a roundup of all reviews for Death Rally here:
    http://bit.ly/gdK0k1

TouchArcade - 4/5
    "The highlight of Death Rally is the fantastic visuals, with support for Retina Display devices and full screen anti-aliasing on the iPad 2. The levels are incredibly detailed, as are the vehicle models which display damage during the course of a race."

Modojo - 4/5
    "Death Rally made one hell of a debut, and the promise of free content will transform this already impressive shooter into one of the iPhone and iPad's premier Apps. Lock and load, hit the track and come out firing."

Re: Death Rally for iOS released!

Hi

I am an iPad user based in South Africa. There are a couple of apps that are unavailable to us here in SA. I have contacted Apple about this and they told me to speak make contact with the developers of those apps...

So here I am... I was a HUGE fan of Death Rally back in 1996, I was so excited to see it was available for the iPad, I immediately jumped on Apple's App Store only to find that it is another one of those apps only released in US... :-( :-( :-(

PLEASE tell me you guys can make a plan to make it available in South Africa?

Regards,
    Francois

Comment

We have released Death Rally as "Worldwide" app, i.e. haven't blocked it from any country. I really don't know why it is not being sold in South Africa.

Comment

This is a very fun game, but I have a couple of suggestions:
        -Need more tracks/cars/upgrades to help improve the longevity of the game. It has only taken a couple of days to max out everything and I'm not even a heavy user.
        -For more strategy, some of the upgrades should affect the car's performance. Heavier weapons could reduce the car's speed, engine upgrades could make the nitro boost last longer, a targeting upgrade could improve the accuracy of the weapons...
        -Why does it seem like every other car on the track is going faster than I am? Even with all the vehicles fully upgraded, there doesn't seem to be any difference in speed from one car to the next.

Like I said, it's a fun game, but once my fame is max'd out, there's not much reason to keep playing.

Comment

Another thought...
          -each vehicle could have a specialty like a different weapon (spike strips, smoke screen, oil slicks, etc...) or ability
          -make the police car &/or SWAT van available as options

Comment

Hey Quigonn! Let me just point out that we've released an update just about every two weeks, and each one of those updates has included a new track, new weapons and/or a new car, plus new gameplay features and whatnot, and we're going to do our best to keep that up. I think this kind of a thing goes a long way towards keeping Death Really interesting to people, hopefully you included. =) (And these are, of course, free updates.)
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Awesome, I look forward to the next update!

Is there any chance of having a multi-player mode?

Thanks for all the work that goes into the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Quigonn View Post
                Is there any chance of having a multi-player mode?
                I don't actually work on the Death Rally project myself, so I'm a little hazy on the details, but I can say that we definitely know that people would really love multiplayer! It's my understanding that it's in the works, but I really don't know how far along it is or anything.
                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I love the game since I played it on pc in the 90s; but the controls on ios are quite tricky.
                  I'd love to that game on PS3/PSN/PSP/VITA.
                  My photographs: Flickr
                  My games: Playfire

Comment

The game is not available in Brazilian App Store. Can you guys please make it available?
                    Thanks

Comment

We haven't specifically limited it's availability anywhere, but I think it's because of Brazilian game ratings requirements. We have set the secondary category to Entertainment which based on some quick investigation would be the right way to do it, but I have no idea why it's not showing and what we could do. I will ask around a bit and see what I can find.

Comment

Re: Death Rally iOS connectivity sucks

hi

I've been playing death rally for a while now on my iPad
                        I've got friends who also play it on iPad and on iPhone too.
                        I remember when I first went to download this game and read the reviews
                        And many people were remarking on one issiue more than any other and that was the poor server connection, too long waiting too connect and getting fed up waiting to join game I read so many times.
                        This really is a fantastic game with so many people loving it, the developers are earning a mint from all the ad ons they sell and rightfully so, but please developers get your asses in gear here and try dedicating a fraction of the time you spend making new cars and wepaons that will earn you money and sort out this worthless thing you call a connection.
                        You have had hundreds if not thousands of post on site and on the store complaining about this ,I play regular and i get about a 1/5 connection to server and so do all my friends and every single other person that plays this game .
                        you have a fantastic game here ,why would you want people to turn there backs on it

many thanks
                        Rick

Comment

Ten days and not one response to your concerns. Mod-Hunter here. One of the tops in the game, so you know I love it. So few players lately and no attention to concerns of players, I find myself playing CSR Racing a lot more and less DR. Guess this cash cow has been milked for all it's worth.

Comment

Hi Modhunter
                            Yea your absolutley right the developers of death rally or the people responsible for maintaining the server , ie the people who are raking in cash every time somebody is silly enough bey some extras they just don't give a **** to what we the consumer has to say .
                            So for that reason and for not having the desentcey to even answer the post I say shove the game up your asses I've done what many more will do in time and that is to delete it for my machine. What a bunch of loosers you are.

Comment

Dear Rickardo69,

You have received an infraction at Remedy Community Forums.

Reason: Minor Warning
                              -------
                              Kill with kindness, not with curses.
                              -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
                              http://community.remedygames.com/sho...d.php?p=156992
                              Quote:
                              Hi Modhunter
                              Yea your absolutley right the developers of death rally or the people responsible for maintaining the server , ie the people who are raking in cash every time somebody is silly enough bey some extras they just don't give a **** to what we the consumer has to say .
                              So for that reason and for not having the desentcey to even answer the post I say shove the game up your asses I've done what many more will do in time and that is to delete it for my machine. What a bunch of loosers you are.
                              All the best,
                              Remedy Community Forums

So at last remedy has spoken , maybe not with an answer to the question ask about the poor connection that we are all experiencing , but to tick me off for probably calling them loosers well sorry but questions have been asked and answers have'nt been provided.using the word loosers was wrong remedy are a respectable company but you must understand how your customers feel. I guess I'm going to be banned now from the forum for airing my views but in the time I've been playing DR I must have spent around £40 maybe more and now I'm going to be silenced , well before you do that could you please answer the question asked
                              many thanks

Rick
                              Last edited by Rickardo69; 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X