Official stance on controls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iOS Official stance on controls?

DR is likely one of the best iOS games to date, but as it has been mentioned a bit here and a lot in App Store reviews, the controls are lacking.

I hate to refer to another game, but Reckless Racing for iOS is a great example of excellent controls (granted, they are lacking in nearly every other area, where DR shines). Controls like that would be hard to manage with a fire button, but I believe are necessary.

Any official stance on whether this will be addressed?

P.s. Any chance for a no weapon race mode?

Re: Official stance on controls?

Agree. Unfortunately, I am totally disappointed in the control of driving. Was unable to complete any one race from 20 attempts. If you read the reviews in the appstore, you'll see that I'm not the only one.

Comment

We have heard our fans loud and clear and have been and are looking at different options for the controls. The problem is the fact that we have firing where other games can use that for acceleration.

taokore: no weapons race mode - there are two challenges that don't have weapons, but a full mode without weapons would need more balancing and tuning work. If we get lots of requests, we can consider such a mode for future update.

Comment

I have to chip in and say that Death Rally was one of my absolute favorite games of all time back in the 90's and I was so excited to see it available for my iPhone. If we can just figure out something with the controls that would be awesome. As close as we can get to the original controls would be the best.

The only other complaint is that the weapon system is not like the original game. I don't think that you should automatically have guns when you start. Guns used to be a pickup and it needs to be that way again. Anyway, that's my two cents! Thank you so much for putting the time into developing this again. Any chance of a new PC version????

Comment

Actually I have tried Reckless racing and wasn't quite that amazed by its controls... I think I am one of those who never played it until DR was released. Of course then I did download both games.

I got used to DR easily, my only problem is the Refinery track. That is a pain with faster cars.

Comment

danzirulez refinery and rift are more difficult. We have been talking about making them better but then it's a balance whether we spend time on those or make new cool tracks to future updates. Can't do everything.

But controls we can do. I beta tested the new controls today and they felt pretty good. I still prefer the "original" controls though.

Jbbrack03: Thee original did have guns and ammo in every car automatically, you got extra ammo from pickups just like you do in the iOS version. We just have more different weapons and unlimited ammo for the default gun. Hypothetically if we ever did a PC version it would likely be tuned to be a bit more hard core.

Comment

Working...
            X