Black screen at startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad Black screen at startup

After playing for some time i can no longer start death rally on my iPad. The app starts, and I see the splash screen and then the screen becomes black. During this I can also see it logs me on to game center but then nothing more happens.

I've tried restarting the iPad and I've even upgraded the iPad to the latest update but the problem stays.

Worth mentioning is that I have no problems playing this on my iPhone 4.

Last resort is to uninstall the app and install it again but that will reset my career so I'm a bit hesitant to do it

Re: Black screen at startup

We've fixed some startup issues to the first update which may address this problem. Upgrading to latest iOS may also solve this for you if you are not already on 4.3

Comment

Nice to hear.. Let's see if I can wait for the update or if i'll just reinstall it... (any guess on when that happens? Days? Weeks? Months?)

Btw I've been on iOS 4.3 all along and upgraded to the latest micro release (4.3.1 or whatever it was) yesterday but it didn't fix it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that didn't help. Days rather than weeks.
        Last edited by MarkusRMD; 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Exactly the same thing is happening to my iPod Touch 4g OS 4.3.1 latest game version (1.1). It may have started doing that after a crash, but I cannot remember.

Comment

Great. By the way, when black there WAS sound. The screen is no longer black, but the entire game is reset. Awesome. Fix so others do not suffer the same pain.

Comment

If you sync with your iTunes, it should upload crash reports to us so we can see the exact place the crash happens.

on Touch 4g I would also look at this thread (potential memory issue) http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=6529

Comment

Ok, I updated the game to the latest version and the black screen remained. I then went on to remove the game and install it again and this did indeed fix the problem (at least for some time)...

But this morning it happened again, when I start DR it just goes black after the initial splash screen. Exactly as it did on v1.0

Comment

Working...
                X