Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad Cheap Unlimited ammo - too much disbalance

Hey,

I think it's not really a great idea to let people buying unlimited ammo. The one with Unlimited Mines makes it's almost not possible for the rest to participate. Of course you can destroy him etc, but it's getting too complicated for a simple race (it's not 1 time defeating adversary) and it can happen every other race, as it's cheap to get.

Pretty much same with missiles. I think this unlimited upgrade should be granted not that easily/cheap, as it causes too much disbalance.
    What do you think?

Re: Cheap Unlimited ammo - too much disbalance

I think it is an easy way to motivate and monetize which is why it makes sense. If you are a cheater, you are already looking for that imbalance. So, I feel like the option is usefull to some and might expand the player base to prolong the ability to find races in the long term.

Unfortunately with a system like this, with time, the players start to separate into two major buckets. The cheaters and the hardcore. Matchmaking these two generalized demographics can be dangerous since the motivation of each group and respect for the 'rules' drastically differs.

This doesnt have to be a bad thing. Sifting these two groups could pay off in the end if matchmaking was eventually able to pit players of the same demographic against eachother instead of at random.

I think the problem really exists where you are able to use that cheat against other players that are outside your 'network'. Had the matchmaking pitted you against your friends only, then there would be some intimacy between the racers which might warrant or excuse the handicapped infinite ammo purchases.

It is ok to cheat against your friends because it makes the conciquences of cheating more real. You are able to empathise with them as real people and become aware of your choice to play unfairly. The same argument can be see through war with ones bare hands vs war with a button. The ability to remove ones self from the race/war and view it more objectively allows more room for modification, both in the cars and the rules.

Since matchmaking exists, often times, against strangers there is no way to know as a player that you are getting a clean, fair race. Generally speaking though, this really only matters to the hardcore racer.

I tend to exist on the side of hardcore racer and be drawn to arenas of fareness. I want my victories to be indisputable.no excuses, no tricks. Just me, the car, and the road, to see who really is the better driver.
    Last edited by neokinesis; 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM. Reason: Iphone autocorrections.
    FarCry2 Maps: Reloaded, Serpent Alley, Oil Aresnic, Iron Rebellion, Powder Keg

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I've forwarded them to our dev team, as well

Comment

Originally posted by neokinesis View Post
        I think it is an easy way to motivate and monetize which is why it makes sense. If you are a cheater, you are already looking for that imbalance. So, I feel like the option is usefull to some and might expand the player base to prolong the ability to find races in the long term.

Unfortunately with a system like this, with time, the players start to separate into two major buckets. The cheaters and the hardcore. Matchmaking these two generalized demographics can be dangerous since the motivation of each group and respect for the 'rules' drastically differs.

This doesnt have to be a bad thing. Sifting these two groups could pay off in the end if matchmaking was eventually able to pit players of the same demographic against eachother instead of at random.

I think the problem really exists where you are able to use that cheat against other players that are outside your 'network'. Had the matchmaking pitted you against your friends only, then there would be some intimacy between the racers which might warrant or excuse the handicapped infinite ammo purchases.

It is ok to cheat against your friends because it makes the conciquences of cheating more real. You are able to empathise with them as real people and become aware of your choice to play unfairly. The same argument can be see through war with ones bare hands vs war with a button. The ability to remove ones self from the race/war and view it more objectively allows more room for modification, both in the cars and the rules.

Since matchmaking exists, often times, against strangers there is no way to know as a player that you are getting a clean, fair race. Generally speaking though, this really only matters to the hardcore racer.

I tend to exist on the side of hardcore racer and be drawn to arenas of fareness. I want my victories to be indisputable.no excuses, no tricks. Just me, the car, and the road, to see who really is the better driver.
        Very well stated NEO. I prefer to run straight up (car and weapon of choice-each with their advantages and disadvantages) but no modifiers. If modifiers are used, I like to have the same one. The hardcore is about fairness and level playing field. Like you idea of DR Multiayer matching racers based on modifiers vs. no modifiers. I don't mind losing to a guy who beats me legit. I got respect for their skills. I do find it irritating to be lit up 1/2 through the 1st lap by a Level 15 person (skilled) and is fully stacked. I guess if someone wants to spend 50 cents a race to blow everyone up, win, and rack up points, that's on them.

Comment

Ya but dont you hate the fool with the Truck, multi strike missle launcher, and all the mods activated?

I mean really, dude, you just brought a 27.50 imaginary truck to an Iphone game.

Comment

Well said Mr neokinesis... ^_^ I also always try to be a hardcore gamer, always centering respect to the rules, fairness & equality. I dont mind getting killed if the player played it right. That's y I never left a race when I get hard beating & I dont use my weapon when theres newbie in the race. N Mr Ronin055, I feel u too. It's so annoying to see that kind of player...

Comment

Working...
            X