Suggestion to Level the player field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion to Level the player field

I love the DR Multiplayer game for the iPhone. Took some getting used to the new format and modifiers. I generally don't use modifiers unless someone is being a total tool using every modifier possible. Not trying to claim the game is unfair and I can hang with the current format (I'm second in wins and 13 in kills in the MP game). What I do think sucks is that people are allowed to quit (even if they are in 1st or dead last) and are allowed to keep their modifiers and status as far wins in a row (so they can gain more points). Modifiers are purchased FOR THE NEXT RACE and should be forfeited if that person chooses to leave because they are losing. In addition, I think there should be a penalty if you choose to leave (for example you forfeit a win for every place you were in if you leave: start/first = 1, 6th = 6), so people don't exploit the flaw in the system. Have some honor in winning and losing people, after all, It's death rally. Those who have to quit if you don't get first, I wish you good luck in life. You're in for a rude awaking.
    Last edited by RedHot6MT; 01-17-2012, 07:55 PM.

Re: Suggestion to Level the player field

Originally posted by RedHot6MT View Post
    I love the DR Multiplayer game for the iPhone. Took some getting used to the new format and modifiers. I generally don't use modifiers unless someone is being a total tool using every modifier possible. Not trying to claim the game is unfair and I can hang with the current format (I'm second in wins and 13 in kills in the MP game). What I do think sucks is that people are allowed to quit (even if they are in 1st or dead last) and are allowed to keep their modifiers and status as far wins in a row (so they can gain more points). Modifiers are purchased FOR THE NEXT RACE and should be forfeited if that person chooses to leave because they are losing. In addition, I think there should be a penalty if you choose to leave (for example you forfeit a win for every place you were in if you leave: start/first = 1, 6th = 6), so people don't exploit the flaw in the system. Have some honor in winning and losing people, after all, It's death rally. Those who have to quit if you don't get first, I wish you good luck in life. You're in for a rude awaking.
    You are talking about leave? You leave everytime that I found you on a race, when you see that I have bought 3 of the IAP purchases...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I've forwarded it to our development team

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDei View Post
        You are talking about leave? You leave everytime that I found you on a race, when you see that I have bought 3 of the IAP purchases...
        Yes I have left prior to the start of a race if someone has the deck stacked. If someone has loaded up on infinite amo, lucky shots, and health I will bail out. Once the race has started and I'm in, regardless of place I come in or die, I stay in. If I'm trying to match a player with modifiers to and notice they are not in my race or others have no modifiers too, I will also leave. Us that's not fair to them. I'm talking about those who purchase modifiers who leave because they think they won't win. Winning consecutive races gives you more points and a lot of people quit mid race to keep their winning streak in tact. I been beaten by many AI cars where players have left because they might not come in first and their AI car does anyway. I be open to bailing out prior to a race w/no penalty, but once you decide to stay in win, die, or face the. Consequences. I'm more of a hardcore racer (level playing field, car and weapon of your choice. You wanna run modifiers, I want the same straight up. Ran against a guy 4x last night fully stacked and he beat me 4x fair and square. Last race we chased each other around for 3 minutes before it was over. He is a level 15 and why he has to run fully stacked is beyond me. He a good racer. There are the purists (those who want to see who is the fastest most skilled driver) and those who want to win by blowing things up (use modifiers). The pAle death achievement is near impossible (even with the striker) without modifiers. Perhaps a solution to this issue is for DR to match racers based on use of modifiers or not and not just randomly (like NEO said in another post).

Comment

Originally posted by RedHot6MT View Post
          Yes I have left prior to the start of a race if someone has the deck stacked. If someone has loaded up on infinite amo, lucky shots, and health I will bail out. Once the race has started and I'm in, regardless of place I come in or die, I stay in. If I'm trying to match a player with modifiers to and notice they are not in my race or others have no modifiers too, I will also leave. Us that's not fair to them. I'm talking about those who purchase modifiers who leave because they think they won't win. Winning consecutive races gives you more points and a lot of people quit mid race to keep their winning streak in tact. I been beaten by many AI cars where players have left because they might not come in first and their AI car does anyway. I be open to bailing out prior to a race w/no penalty, but once you decide to stay in win, die, or face the. Consequences. I'm more of a hardcore racer (level playing field, car and weapon of your choice. You wanna run modifiers, I want the same straight up. Ran against a guy 4x last night fully stacked and he beat me 4x fair and square. Last race we chased each other around for 3 minutes before it was over. He is a level 15 and why he has to run fully stacked is beyond me. He a good racer. There are the purists (those who want to see who is the fastest most skilled driver) and those who want to win by blowing things up (use modifiers). The pAle death achievement is near impossible (even with the striker) without modifiers. Perhaps a solution to this issue is for DR to match racers based on use of modifiers or not and not just randomly (like NEO said in another post).
          So agree with u. But as for me, I never left no matter what once im in. I like ur way to bail before the race start tho and its acceptable to me. But I think I wont follow ur way. It's just my way, my pride. Hope we can race sometime... ^_^

Comment

Working...
          X