360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360?

Im wondering if you guys would consider releasing this game to XBLA ?

I mean really, this is a perfect game to put on the the Xbox Live Arcade.

And wasnt your original game PC? The coding shouldnt be to tough. And the potential market it HUGE. Not to mention you could do the Multiplayer thing via the Live network.

anyway, just an idea.

Re: 360?

The original was DOS from what I recall, have to check the history of it.

I doubt Remedy has plans for a XBLA/PSN version.
    They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark on everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger, and it was over. - Max Payne.
    The Dukenator's Raptr

Comment

I would love to see this hit the consoles but believe the challenge there would be in delivering something that is more sustainable over the long term. Why? Because, updates are limited and dlc is absolute. The game would have to shift it's focus to an out-the-box type title and profit would no longer be largely delivered through exploits, bonuses, and cheats. maybe that is a good thing...

I like this as a player because I don't like being nickel and dimed to death and I believe that fairness strengthens the experience, especially in a racing game.*

But the real dilemma here is that competition often invites an unhealthy need to win. This works for DR because in a race, if you aren't first, you're last... And if you find yourself looking for ways to build a better 'strategy' which extends beyond your abilities behind the controls, DR has your back for a price. *

Making this game for consoles, I could image, mostly circles back to deciding if for those that wanted more from the experience, was the thing that made the iOS version so successful an aid or a service, and if so, how can this be adapted?

The real love/hate for mobile devices and iOS/android platforms is the ability to update without being subject to the extensive/expensive TRC and TCR regulation lists enforced by their respected Platforms AND the ability to establish strong relationships with players through a string of as needed/wanted micro-transactions. *Why? Because, just like a DR racer tasting more victories, as developers begin to trail blaze on these new service oriented courses they are forced to re-evaluate the way they deliver their strategy.
      FarCry2 Maps: Reloaded, Serpent Alley, Oil Aresnic, Iron Rebellion, Powder Keg

Comment

I rarely speculate on anything like this but I would say it's highly unlikely this iOS-born Death Rally would hit Xbox360.

1) Microsoft typically does not approve ports unless you launch simultaneously on Xbox.

2) The process of getting games to XBLA (requiring a publisher, tcrs and all) takes a lot of time and effort. We think our efforts may be better spent elsewhere for this game.

Comment

Shame cause i cant enjoy driving games on phones.
          Team Yu
          https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
          http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
            I rarely speculate on anything like this but I would say it's highly unlikely this iOS-born Death Rally would hit Xbox360.

1) Microsoft typically does not approve ports unless you launch simultaneously on Xbox.

2) The process of getting games to XBLA (requiring a publisher, tcrs and all) takes a lot of time and effort. We think our efforts may be better spent elsewhere for this game.
            i agree
            Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Working...
            X