Death Rally - iOS game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Death Rally - iOS game

Question to online hardcore racers, opinions on interceptor vs deliv. Is interceptor.. for the lack of a better word, 2 squishy and not viable in top lvl play or am i just imagining things. I mean i'm getting WRECKED by those big ass orange shits all freaking day. and there is nothing i can do to stop it, they bloody shot through walls, spawn hosts of mines, it's not even funny. I mean is this a racing game or *****-enlarging-via-making-racers-life iving-hell kind of thing?
    I mean i don't have a problem with say rocket launchers, you gotta aim it, positon, and hell you can even dodge it or block it with turns, but strikers and mines, i mean com'n, guy spawned 15 mines, how do you dodge 15 mins, hell controls aren't good enough to dodge 15 mines.
    Worst part is most of the players just shit there, don't even race. first lap he kills of new players / lowbies, then stops, w8s for ppl who know how to race pass and then finishes em off / makes a minefield.

Yours truely,
    pissed of racer.

Re: Death Rally - iOS game

That's an interesting theme you've touched =) Believe me, orange deficator with mine-diarrhea isn't the worst scenario that could happen.

Just curious, did those multiple encounters with Infinite ammo-abusers force you to buy your own battle-upgrades?
    And the second thing, have you ever encountered this missile-launcher equipped Mod-Hunter guy? If not, what was the first association came into your mind after just seeing that nickname?

random pic

Last edited by Wise-Cat; 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

nah didn't buy my mods, prefer to beat dicks straight up, even if its 1 in 5. as for my question i didn't get an answer, interceptor vs deliverator.

as for the mod hunter guy, that guy either has no life and just plays this game, or hes hacking so bloody hard that it's not even funny. shots he makes, and how much dmg his weapons do simply cannot be right. I shot him with roughly 8 rockets, 1 times with 3 and then 5 times with 1 each, and he didn't even flinch, barely got him lower then 60%. on the other hand every fight he won it was 2 rocket shtos, bam i'm down. not to mention they were ****ing impossible, 2 nitros in front of him, and trust me with 2 nitros he was luckly i didn't make a lap on him. Guy is really good driver but i'm much better at pathings and stuff, yet he somehow managed to catch up to me even though i had 2 nitros with fastest car in the game.

Comment

So, you didn't fall for the system, congrats. Usually the story goes the other way and as a result we have more and more fully-modded monkeys on the track.
        Back to your deliverator vs interceptor topic, in my opinion interceptor is a hipster car ) Cause the one and only advantage it has over deliverator is its fresh and fancy look. Speed stats are equal for both cars, handling and what's more important armor say in deliverator's favor. Thus if you care about your nerve cells you should be exceptionally careful with your interceptor. It's ridiculous but white/orange shrieker has exactly the same characteristics as deliverator does, developers really should give each vehicle its own niche.
        Haha, I won't be surprised if that guy has dissociative identity disorder as well, cause at the moment I can see at least two Mod-Hunters in the Gamecenter, and name spelling seems to be exactly the same. On the other hand he might has some mad skillz indeed. One thing for sure – when he is spotted on the track, concentration of mod-abusing mokeys tends to zero.
        The other thing you should keep in mind - multiplayer synchronization became especially terrible since the latest patch, which basically means you and your opponents might see different things on your screens – you watch your missile strikes one car, in fact it kills the one behind you.
        Life is not a chocolate box.
        Last edited by Wise-Cat; 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Congrats not giving into the system. IMHO, the Deliverator is a far superior choice than the Interceptor. Much better handling and armor. It's a racing game, but the interceptor is too vulnerable to attack. I run the Shrieker before the Interceptor. It handles great but is vulnerable to attack also. A big orange piece of crap can beat any car with a decent start and some luck with Nittros. I wouldn't focus so much speed, but rather feel and balance of car characteristics. Know when you can race peacefully and when you need to fight. You should know at the start and no later than the second turn.

That Mod-Hunter guy is freakishly good. Can win a straight up race or kill you at will. I've personally experience some of those impossible shots. Think he's even killed me a few times without even trying. If there is a modded racer around, I just stay out of his way and let him go to work. Saw a few foolish racers get in his way or shooting from behind when he was clearly on a mission to rid the track of a Orange Mod abusing Mandarin.

The new update sync is waaaay off. I've been running in 6th several times only to see my HP decreasing rapidly. WTF? Timelines are also a mess. You're almost more likely to come in first when you finish second.

Comment

Maybe I can answer you question more susinctly:
            Dear Hooligan3000,
            Get rid of your lame car. I know you're a hipster (see pic) but the Interceptor is useless in this game. Stop trying to do the same thing (and expecting a different result). That is the definition of insanity. Learn how to fight and when to race. You might actually be pretty good if you adapt to the game. I really doubt that Mod-hunter is cheating, you are just very predictable. No fear when he reliably knows what you do. Only cheaters I've seen are game center board hacks and there seems to be a lot of people who shimmey at the finish line and mysteriously move up the race rankings. As far as Mod-Hunter's life, he's probably got a few kids, a less than satisfying relationship, and a few jobs. Maybe he is in grad school just trying to relieve some stress. Regardless, Probably just his outlet. I'm just guessing though ;-).
            Last edited by RedHot6MT; 04-13-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I've definitely missed something...
              People are such communicative here. A discussion between two can get over 1k views and still nobody will interfere.
              I wonder if Mod-Hunter saw this thread. My guess he is just laughing at these mentions of him and he just considers finding excuses pointless. Eventually he knows better what he is doing.
              Btw, you welcome, [MENTION=23796]Dorigenn[/MENTION]

Comment

bah, people def cheat. I've seen power ups all just get swept to one car (Mod-Hunter comes to mind) and some folks play with all mods at all times (I've seen the glitch where people got 22,000 each or whatever). not to mention the phantom bullets that just keep hitting you even when no one is around. It's cool though I might use a power up here and there I won from the slot play but for the most part I'll just win with no mods....baby!

Comment

fully modded monkeys...I like it!!
                  Originally posted by Wise-Cat View Post
                  So, you didn't fall for the system, congrats. Usually the story goes the other way and as a result we have more and more fully-modded monkeys on the track.
                  Back to your deliverator vs interceptor topic, in my opinion interceptor is a hipster car ) Cause the one and only advantage it has over deliverator is its fresh and fancy look. Speed stats are equal for both cars, handling and what's more important armor say in deliverator's favor. Thus if you care about your nerve cells you should be exceptionally careful with your interceptor. It's ridiculous but white/orange shrieker has exactly the same characteristics as deliverator does, developers really should give each vehicle its own niche.
                  Haha, I won't be surprised if that guy has dissociative identity disorder as well, cause at the moment I can see at least two Mod-Hunters in the Gamecenter, and name spelling seems to be exactly the same. On the other hand he might has some mad skillz indeed. One thing for sure – when he is spotted on the track, concentration of mod-abusing mokeys tends to zero.
                  The other thing you should keep in mind - multiplayer synchronization became especially terrible since the latest patch, which basically means you and your opponents might see different things on your screens – you watch your missile strikes one car, in fact it kills the one behind you.
                  Life is not a chocolate box.

Comment

There has been a huge influx of fully modded monkeys as of late. Grbonatti, Abiderdude, Waldrom, Redwolf98, IStar, Mincer99, Saintjack007, Roman Belgor, just to mention a few. Can't stand it. I like to race without mods. I've had fun racing with you Ragnorrox. With the exception of one time loading me up from behind when you were fully modded, you race very fairly. It's cool to actually race 1st and fight 2nd. Happy racing!

Comment

LOL yes good racing with you...and I take back what I said about you cheating. I see that the issue is a bug in the game where sometimes the mods all seem to just get swept to one car....I've had races where they get swept to me so (as with winning a race even when you clearly were in 2nd place) guess it's just luck of the draw.

As for taking you out when "modded" up, the issue is I am usually coming back after some clown took me out but then when I get back on the track they are not there for me to destroy and some poor other racers get destoyed instead....oh well see ya on the race track ;-)

Comment

No worries. I don't cheat but i could see how it would look that way. I really don't see how you could cheat other than messing with the leader boards. The other things are weird glitches in the game. Half the time my missle strikes have no effect on AI or real players. As far as others finishing second and jumping ahead, i think its a sync issue. i have noticed that if this happens: 1) if you cross 1st you get a recorded win 2) the multiple wins (streak) plus more points for multiple wins stays in tact 3) you lose the 1500 points for the second place finish. The only time I suspected cheating was someone's mods appearing Only AFTER I destroyed them.
                        I actually see the way some of these guys mods all the time as a form of cheating. I never seen some without mods. BTW, I noticed you using certain weapons (eg, flamethrower). If you like that weapon, I'm sorry. LOL. If you're trying to get your star, you just need 10 Million points (it doesn't depend on getting all the weapons or cars). See ya on the track!

Comment

I like to use weapons others aren't using a lot just to dick around...it's fun watching the cars on fire but it's not my weapon of choice I only use it on my Van....just 10 million points huh? ha ha ha!

Comment

Yea, I think Remedy wants you to think you have to BUY and upgrade everything. If you watch your progress, you advance through stages at a pretty quick pace. But 15 to Adversary is like 3M to 10M. I just kept waiting and it felt like it never came. If you really want to dick w/people use the laser sight (completely useless). HaHa! You can basically buy one car and upgrade one weapon, get the points and the star.

The star should be a target instead. Everyone wants to fight when they see it. That's why it is fun racing you. You never tried to fight, so I didn't either. My favorite thing to dick with people, killing the fully modded guy when you have none. Can't tell you how many modded fools I've chased, when they should be chasing me. Even if I only win, at least it cost the poor fool 50 cents. BTW, I don't kill friends (on purpose). If they kill me, why be friends. You want to battle, all I ask is for a fair fight (mods or no mods). If we're friends and my mods are up, you're safe but some modded fool is present.

Comment

sounds fair to me, if we are in the same track unmodded lets get the guy whose modded up. I usually try to run and win the race but if I see you going after the modded guy I will as well....

Comment

Working...
                              X