Ideas and Suggestions for further DR development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iOS Ideas and Suggestions for further DR development

Here in this post I'm gonna share with you some of my thoughts and suggestions about the DR game process and its further possible development. Any comments or remarks are always welcomed.
    And yes I'm aware about Liilak service, but since I don't want this post to lose in the common mass of "herp, derp, make some cool new rides and tracks" I will post it here.

So, Wise-Cat's manifesto.

First of all – minor details, that may improve the existing game mechanics and thus gaming experience greatly.
    I'm not the first one who supports some obvious changes and I don't think I would formulate it better than RedHot6MT did recently, so I'll just repost his suggestions.

Originally posted by RedHot6MT View Post
    My concerns lie more in
    1) The lack of further development of the game, given the revenue coming in and mod-abusing fools (those who blow everything up).
    2) People who consistently leave early with their mods for the next race-only to pump their kill count like the alleged MasterPhil). Mods should be for THE NEXT RACE ONLY and should be forfeited after they are used.
    3) People leaving early if they don't get first so they can pump their point total with consecutive wins
    4) Sync issues (being shot from behind when no one is behind you).
    5) The lack of integrity of players who wiggle at the finish line to move up the chart (these guys get blown up the next race, regardless of level)
    Point 2 is absolutely crucial, cause some heavily mod abusing racers can literally destroy other players' desire to go on.

Minor improvements.
    1. You press "Leave race" – you lose your mods and current win streak.
    2. You crushed the prize box – you automatically gained its bonus. (Due to lags it's 50% probability that bonus would spawn behind you - another critical thing).
    3. You can't use Insurance and Unlimited ammo simultaneously.

Achievements and prizes.
    1. Deal with "42" achievement, really annoying. At least it should use multiplayer fame stat.
    2. Abolish Game Center "Track Records" chart due to its practical uselessness. Introduce "Average last 50/100 races time".
    3. Separate Duke-mode multiplayer kills and ordinary ones.
    4. Introduce 5 modded players kill count.
    5. Introduce a prize (like free modifier) for killing a 5 modded guy (or Infinite Ammo abusing guy). That will stimulate other racers not to leave the game instantly.
    6. Introduce the achievement for defeating single player Adversary with every possible weapon.
    7. Introduce "Darwin award" achievement. (Killing yourself in a marathon challenge).

Major game mechanics improvements. I personally believe several simple innovations will relieve the monotony of the gaming process.

I. Add 1 more slot for Active Ability.
    It's like weapon slot, so player can choose between several opportunities. For example:
    a) Emergency nitro boost
    b) Emergency 10-sec shield
    c) Emergency oil barrel drop.
    Player can use the ability he chose only once during the race.

II. Add 1 more slot for Passive Ability
    Chosen ability doesn't need any additional actions to activate itself.
    Possible variants:
    a) Synchronize (my favorite one) – grants you the same battle modifiers , as other racers have (or two random – better than nothing).
    b) Increased ammo.
    c) Additional opportunity to use your active ability.

III. Introduce new primary weapons.
    a) Missiles which you can fire backwards.
    b) Laser beam – manage to hold it on target for 5 sec and work's done.
    c) Flame thrower. (existing one is good for nothing).

IV. Secondary primary weapon. Add special areas to all tracks which trigger weapon change. Might be handy when you wish to switch from your shotgun to mines and backwards.

V. Adversary's forcible argument. Adversaries can use two passive and two active abilities (new star gives you new upgrades).

And of course I understand that developers need to eat something too, so new abilities are supposed to be unlocked via IAP, except for one starting active and passive.

Even introducing several paragraphs from this list IMO will give DR the second breath and certainly will attract thousands of new fans. So it's a win-win solution. Hope Remedy will take this information into consideration and in a couple of month we will be able to discover new awesome DR features.

P.S. – as always, any comments will be appreciated.
    P.P.S – iPad or whatever equivalent prize from Remedy will be appreciated too. Haha, kidding ... or not.

Re: Ideas and Suggestions for further DR development

Appreciate the feedback, and there are some good ideas above. Will make sure the team sees this. I especially like the passive ability idea, as well as I think the game could benefit from some defensive options.

At the same time I'll admit that we are getting to a point where maintaining and updating the codebase is getting rather cumbersome due to some less than optimal design choices early on, and this is a co-operation between Remedy and Mountainsheep so it's not alone up to Remedy on what gets added and changed.

Comment

There are a lot of skilled players who abuse mods (I.E., constantly use them and never do not). I realize it is a racing and combat game, but these people blow up everyone (even very unskilled players). Come on guys, even criminals have an ethical code. As you can see, I tend not to use mods very much, as I don't really like them or need them:

I'm one of the top players in the game and I would estimate that 85% of my deaths have come at the expense of these mod abusing fools. I guess I could leave, but my honor does not let me. Wise-Cat idea of passive ability would be perfect here. When mod abusing fool presents himself prior to the race start, you hit a button to match his mods for a fair fight (if you have them in your stockpile).

Comment

^^^ I.E. Synchronize Battle Modifier feature discussed by Wise-Cat

Comment

Would be nice if can setup different profile on same ipad. So if little brother wants to play can play on own file. Next is the screen looks different on the ipad 3 compared to the ipad 1. Why is this? Find it much harder to play on the 3rd gen. Looks great but movement in the playing area is to much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
            Appreciate the feedback, and there are some good ideas above. Will make sure the team sees this. I especially like the passive ability idea, as well as I think the game could benefit from some defensive options.

At the same time I'll admit that we are getting to a point where maintaining and updating the codebase is getting rather cumbersome due to some less than optimal design choices early on, and this is a co-operation between Remedy and Mountainsheep so it's not alone up to Remedy on what gets added and changed.
            You know, I can see you guys appreciate fan suggestions, especially here.

Ever thought one day asking gamers to give ideas for a new game and somehow combining those ideas into one complete game?

Maybe you guys should be the first to do that and start a trend.

Comment

Did you ever watch that episode of the Simpsons where Homer is invited to design the perfect car?
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
              X