No announcement yet.

As a big fan of the classic...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC 2012 As a big fan of the classic...

Please make this game better.

I bought it on Steam today waxing nostalgic about how much I enjoyed the original on PC so many years ago. Yeah, I still have the disc for it

I've already beaten the story missions of this remake and have not unlocked the final vehicle, although I have used a gold version of the final vehicle; the Bravestar. It's a cool remake, but I'm disappointed for one big reason. The combat is good, and the multiplayer seems like it will be awesome if I ever get in a match with a player count higher than two, but where's the speed and tight handling?

In the original you started with a bug that was... sluggish... (I know, great pun) and eventually by the end of the game you had the Deliverator that was so fast that, if you cheated your way to end game status, your reflexes couldn't handle the speed of the game (I only cheated on a reinstall ). If you didn't cheat, you were slowly becoming accustomed to the ever increasing speed and it was a lot of fun!

This game never really picks up speed and the bug/vagabond in the original makes for faster paced gameplay than any vehicles in this game. The handling on the Bravestar is pretty good and it's a start for speed... but it goes nowhere from there. The Bravestar should be the Vagabond in this game. There should be more speed beyond that. Hence, my disappointment.

How about a patch, for us real gamers on the PC (ha...), that increases the base speed of everything and tightens up handling more so that increased speed is manageable?

Re: As a big fan of the classic...

I agree with these points, also it would be great if we had an option to race for a couple of extra laps, it seems to me that the races are too short in this version.

I haven't played the original in a while so maybe I'm just not remembering it right though.

Comment

Very Please add to Death Rally something like Classic Mode with:

- more differences between cars
      - buying cars
      - keeping money for next races
      - scoreboard from the original game
      - description for the upgrades
      - choice of difficulty level (with very hard)
      - Shadow Man personality

Of course I agree with Fx99 and Novaflare

Comment

My thoughts exactly, but if they want they can keep the game as it is and just add an alternate mode of gameplay(?).

Comment

I came here to say exactly that. The remake is nice but does not have the feel of the original, mostly due the aforementioned differences. The addition of the overpowered boss in every race is confusing me as well. And please bring back the mushrooms!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            And please bring back the mushrooms!
            Oh, yes! I didn't remember them!

Comment

Is it really so bad? I'm a big fan of death rally and i was going to buy it, but now i'm in doubt...

Comment

If we're comparing to the original, for me the biggest difference in the feeling comes from the complete lack of writing in the new version. Remember the original menus? Those lines you were reading every time you were buying something gave a lot of character and a sense of immersion to the game. That, and the eerie menu & shop music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGA685zP_o

In comparison, the shop in the new version is just click the button that says "upgrade" and off you go then.

I'm also somewhat disappointed by the horrible rubber band effect. Take a golden deliverator, enter a beginner race, run through the track with nitros blazing, and in a second some half-broken hippie van is right at your heels. That's just ... no.

And on a less serious note, yes everybody wants the mushrooms back!

There's a lot of stuff done right in the game too, though. It's pretty fun to drive, the cars are just gorgeous, the music's quite nice, and the gunfighting is way ahead of the original. And if you F up you lose, like it should be (i.e. the rubber band effect only works the other way). So it's a good game for sure, fun for a couple of evenings and definitely worth the money. It's just missing some of the feeling the original had, and it's too easy/slow to have any replay value, that's all.
                Last edited by Juhgu; 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

If the devs are going to do the stuff in this thread, PC 2012 will jump from a fun game to super really fun game that will endure many years.
                  As a side note I think bumping other cars does way too little damage. And MP races should be more customizable, as they are now also in 3 laps there is almost no way I can break the tank of a car that has the armor at 6 (Bravestar).

Comment

That's good feedback, guys. I'm sure some of the team have read these suggestions and taken note.
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by fymaventura View Post
                      Is it really so bad? I'm a big fan of death rally and i was going to buy it, but now i'm in doubt...
                      As I posted, I beat it. Since then I unlocked and fully upgraded the final vehicle. I've really enjoyed the multiplayer, although it seems to need some tweaking to be more consistent and reach its max potential.

So, it's not lacking enough from the original to make me hate it or want to stop playing and disown the game. I just believe it could be better and would like to see that.

I wouldn't tell anyone to not buy it at this point. That kind of talk shouldn't happen unless devs screw over their player base. I would say that if you think you may want to buy it sooner rather than later, do it now while it's $6.99 on Steam.

Comment

hi all ,

I agree also to what was said above and would add also the possibility to introduce the old good songs from the previous one . They were "readable" by winamp, Aimp etc . I'm sure the good old chaps from Remedy would enjoy that also . 8bits for the win tbh . Newark/Downtown - Suburbia/ West End - Bogota / Borneo (ahh such a pace for a Deliverator's contest )) - Oasis / Palm side (epic) used basically for bogota/borneo in the demo!!. well those are my favourite ones tbh and I would be glad to hear them ingame swaying my head while gaming . This should not be such a hard work considering the tracks are already "manufactured". Quid of a Jukebox in the options (musics and taunts from death rally classic and this one ? ) a bit as you could get on old games with their soundtest!

Comment

Working...
                        X