Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC 2012 XBOX360 joypad for PC

Hi guys!
    I'd like to TY you for such a marvelous game, I've never happened to play the classic one, so I decided to try and buy this one as lots of ppl are simply crazy about it, and after an hour of play I can say - this is awesome, It reminds me of a PRO-AM2 for NES, but with guns and all the other funny stuff

But the reason that made me to create the post is not only to say - TY

I've tried to play the game with XBOX360 joypad for PC and it's really hard, because you have only one stick to accelerate, brake and steer at the same time, I donno about other ppl, but this simply makes the gameplaying unreal. I want to play the game on HD screen, and not sitting in chair next to keyboard, so if there's any possibility to separate accelerating/braking/steering on XBOX360 joypad it would be awesome, and the top of my dreams is to have ability to reassign joypad keys (like on keyboard).

I've created and attached a screenshot with buttons reassigned.
    I think the one who plays the game on the same joypad as me will totally support me on this.

TIA!
    Attached Files
    ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
    Support Alan on Metacritic
    raptr friends are needed

Re: XBOX360 joypad for PC

See my solution here: http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=9140

Comment

TY 4 advice, but:
      a) I prefer XPADDER as the key mapping soft
      b) unplugging joypad, launching the game, and then plugging the joypad back is not working for XBOX pad
      That's why I'd prefer the in-game settings for joypad.
      ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
      raptr friends are needed

Comment

Well yeah, who doesn't prefer proper in-game mapping.

Is your XBOX controller a standard USB gamepad to Windows? When you say it's "not working", can you be more specific? If you plug it in after launching the game, then the game won't realize it's there, and the game won't auto-assign functions to the gamepad. If your controller is a standard gamepad to Windows, I would think my solution is fool-proof.

Comment

Originally posted by zzz111 View Post
          Well yeah, who doesn't prefer proper in-game mapping.
          xpadder gives the ability to do the most proper in-game mapping I've ever seen, so such messages look more like ad of some kind of new soft...
          PS. I think my position about control configuration is pretty clear. I don't want to use any other 3rd party soft to play the game, especially when the game supports joypad's control. All I want is the ability to have custom control for a joypad in game without any other actions.
          Or logical reassigning of the buttons, because it's unreal to play with the current settings.
          raptr friends are needed

Comment

xpadder gives the ability to do the most proper in-game mapping I've ever seen, so such messages look more like ad of some kind of new soft...
            I really don't understand your stance. You seem to say "xpadder is my favorite, so any other suggestion looks more like an ad for your own software". First off, it's not my software--I googled it. Second, for Death Rally it actually works unlike xpadder. So what's the problem??

All I want is the ability to have custom control for a joypad in game without any other actions.
            Don't we all. But is Remedy going to patch in this feature? Not likely.

I don't want to use any other 3rd party soft to play the game
            Then you're SOL. If using a 38kB program to achieve exactly what you want is against your moral ethics, then you'd better stick to the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
            X