No announcement yet.

Max Payne 3 checkpoint health restart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Payne 3 checkpoint health restart?

I can see this is not the MP3 forum, but i had an account here anyway, i hope you don't mind answering a question..

I've started playing MP3 on normal, first time ever. I've noticed that if you restart a checkpoint your health is restored which is somewhat disappointing... Lost interest playing further in this case.

Does this occur on hard difficulty too?

I've finished MP1 & MP2, but can not remember if checkpoint restarts restored health..

Re: Max Payne 3 checkpoint health restart?

I found a good explanation on a Rockstar Games page:

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...n-max-pa.html/

As for MP1 and MP2, they didn't have a checkpoint system. The game just took you back to either your last save game or the start of the level, and it didn't give you any bonuses or handicaps for dying...the way it's meant to be
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
    X