X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Max Payne 1 & 2 on Steam

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
    shauny, it has been confirmed by Kitt, who downloaded them and found out that they do support Win 7.

But... wait... wat? Why are you guys excluded due of age verification system as missable? :S What's going on ? :S

First Mortal Kombat, now this. What more will I hear/read before I die with peace?
    ok thanks tanno
    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Daily sale of the Max Payne series, now on Steam:
      http://store.steampowered.com/sub/603/
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Wheee!
        Max Payne has finally - after 11 years - been deleted from the prohibited list and may be sold again. Hopefully, this means, that the Max Payne Bundle will be available via Steam soon in Germany as well.

Comment

does anybody know how to fix that error? (steam\max payne)
          the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure - it seems to be a conflict with directx/direct3d. Do you have any games or 3d apps running in the background that might interfere? Are your graphics card drivers and directX version up to date? Do you have it set to "Acceleration: D3D Hardware T&L" from the startup dialogue? Is Max Payne updated to version 1.05? (should be if it's steam...).

When does the game crash with that error? On startup, loading a level, or during gameplay?

Have you tried different graphics settings from the game options? You could try change the filtering mode, screen buffers, and fogging.

Also, try disabling Steam's in-game community overlay from your steam settings:
            Right click your Steam icon, go to Settings and under the "In-game" tab, disable the Steam Community interface in-game.

If you're using windows 7, I recommend running in compatibility mode: XP (SP3)

Finally, I'm not sure if it will help, but you could try adding -disable3dpreloads to your max payne exe parameters (http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...):_Cheat_Codes)

Also, the error is with setFullscreen. You could try running the game in windowed mode, and see if that helps (add -window to your max payne parameters)
            Last edited by Maddieman; 03-24-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thank you for informative post, Maddie.

1)I've set compatibility mode 2)1920*1080 resolution 3) 4*3 in my display option

Works perfectly!
              the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Nice one, I'm glad you got it working.

Comment

If you pre-order Max Payne 3 on steam now, you'll receive Max 1 and 2 free of charge to get you warmed up! Plus additional dlc..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/
                  Proud owner of PayneReactor, the best website for Max Payne news and more!

Comment

That's a good deal. Too bad I already have Max 1 and 2. I already have the collectors edition pre-ordered on Amazon.

Comment

That is a really good deal, but I went with Gamestop

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDMAXPAYNE View Post
                        That is a really good deal, but I went with Gamestop
                        I would of done gamestop but being that only the steam version of la noire had steamworks i could have not take the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Roarshack View Post
                          I would of done gamestop but being that only the steam version of la noire had steamworks i could have not take the chance.
                          Gotcha

Comment

where is cheapest 1 and 2?

Comment

Working...
                            X