X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topper
    started a topic Max Payne 1 & 2 on Steam

Max Payne 1 & 2 on Steam

Any chance we'll see Max Payne 2 on Steam? Or some other download service like that. I've been trying to find a place selling the game, but most stores don't seem have it.

• vidaisonline
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowJello View Post
    I'm sorry for the necrobump, but can we please get a fix for Max Payne and Max Payne 2? The games do not launch on modern machines. As it stands, you are selling completely unusable, broken software on Steam. It's been well over a year now since the last time I was able to play either of them, and I'm wondering if you guys are knowingly selling broken content on Steam or if you genuinely didn't know that the games didn't work.

Please fix them or remove them from Steam.
    hi hi, can you describe exactly the problem you're having?

Leave a comment:

• YellowJello
    replied
    I'm sorry for the necrobump, but can we please get a fix for Max Payne and Max Payne 2? The games do not launch on modern machines. As it stands, you are selling completely unusable, broken software on Steam. It's been well over a year now since the last time I was able to play either of them, and I'm wondering if you guys are knowingly selling broken content on Steam or if you genuinely didn't know that the games didn't work.

Please fix them or remove them from Steam.

Leave a comment:

• kmetek
    replied
    Re: Max Payne 1 & 2 on Steam

where is cheapest 1 and 2?

Leave a comment:

• NYPDMAXPAYNE
    replied

Originally posted by Roarshack View Post
    I would of done gamestop but being that only the steam version of la noire had steamworks i could have not take the chance.
    Gotcha

Leave a comment:

• Roarshack
    replied

Originally posted by NYPDMAXPAYNE View Post
    That is a really good deal, but I went with Gamestop
    I would of done gamestop but being that only the steam version of la noire had steamworks i could have not take the chance.

Leave a comment:

• NYPDMAXPAYNE
    replied

That is a really good deal, but I went with Gamestop

Leave a comment:

• ViperSRT
    replied

That's a good deal. Too bad I already have Max 1 and 2. I already have the collectors edition pre-ordered on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Cypress
    replied

If you pre-order Max Payne 3 on steam now, you'll receive Max 1 and 2 free of charge to get you warmed up! Plus additional dlc..

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

Leave a comment:

• Maddieman
    replied

Nice one, I'm glad you got it working.

Leave a comment:

• ALoNE
    replied

Thank you for informative post, Maddie.

1)I've set compatibility mode 2)1920*1080 resolution 3) 4*3 in my display option

Works perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• Maddieman
    replied

Hmm, I'm not sure - it seems to be a conflict with directx/direct3d. Do you have any games or 3d apps running in the background that might interfere? Are your graphics card drivers and directX version up to date? Do you have it set to "Acceleration: D3D Hardware T&L" from the startup dialogue? Is Max Payne updated to version 1.05? (should be if it's steam...).

When does the game crash with that error? On startup, loading a level, or during gameplay?

Have you tried different graphics settings from the game options? You could try change the filtering mode, screen buffers, and fogging.

Also, try disabling Steam's in-game community overlay from your steam settings:
    Right click your Steam icon, go to Settings and under the "In-game" tab, disable the Steam Community interface in-game.

If you're using windows 7, I recommend running in compatibility mode: XP (SP3)

Finally, I'm not sure if it will help, but you could try adding -disable3dpreloads to your max payne exe parameters (http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...):_Cheat_Codes)

Also, the error is with setFullscreen. You could try running the game in windowed mode, and see if that helps (add -window to your max payne parameters)
    Last edited by Maddieman; 03-24-2012, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ALoNE
    replied

does anybody know how to fix that error? (steam\max payne)

Leave a comment:

• chrizzl0r
    replied

Wheee!
    Max Payne has finally - after 11 years - been deleted from the prohibited list and may be sold again. Hopefully, this means, that the Max Payne Bundle will be available via Steam soon in Germany as well.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Daily sale of the Max Payne series, now on Steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/603/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X