The Real world - max payne 1 mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real world - max payne 1 mod

Hi ,i have been following this mod for a very long time and i understand a lot of work has been put into this mod for nearly 5 years and it is the best matrix mod in development .
    I was just wondering what has halted this mod's progress and when it would be released .

Re: The Real world - max payne 1 mod

Nothing's halted it exactly, I just got a bit burnt out over the summer, and took a break for a short while. I'm not going to commit to a release date just yet, because there's still some work left to do with balancing, but things are shaping up quite well.

Anyone here reading this who doesn't what this mod is about, feel free to check out it's Moddb profile here:

http://mods.moddb.com/970/the-real-world/

Comment

If anyone here is interested, this is a new trailer I made the other day, showing footage from the Lobby, Subway, and Streets levels. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reO8XAyywyU

Before anyone asks, the rainbow coloured HUD thing is a placeholder. I'm just using it for testing, because it's easier to see how much damage the enemies are inflicting per hit.

Comment

Nice to hear that the mod is still alive
        I am pretty much ready to wait as long as i can for this mod and would like to know if there is a way where we can also contribute to the mod development.

From the looks of that trailer it just seems to be getting better and better. I felt some of the kungfu and the person turning into an agent were pretty
        class

The trailer seem to emulating the 1st movie pretty good. I would give it a 9/10 rating

I dont want to be a pain in the ass but i was wondering if you have any new updates about the matrix reloaded levels the burly brawl and the twins in the freeway .

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman
          Ghost your post was deleted for a reason. Don't repost it. Btw, expect a pm in about 5 minutes.
          What was that all about ???

Anyways , I was wondering if you have some updates regarding the Matrix reloaded levels i mentioned
          Like i mean how exactly the levels end . Eg: In the burly brawl , is it just going to be an endurance level , or is it gonna be something where neo has to find a way to escape ?
          And in the freeway level, will the twins be chasing us in a car through out the level ?

Comment

Okay to answer your questions:

[is there] a way where we can also contribute to the mod development.
            Yes, please check out the latest poll at levels4you and post some feedback either here, or at l4y. The question is whether people want the regular Max Payne enemies to be reskinned to TRW ones, or not.

I was wondering if you have some updates regarding the Matrix reloaded levels i mentioned
            Like i mean how exactly the levels end . Eg: In the burly brawl , is it just going to be an endurance level , or is it gonna be something where neo has to find a way to escape ?
            And in the freeway level, will the twins be chasing us in a car through out the level ?
            At present, the Burly Brawl level is a sort of endurance level - you have to last a certain amount of time before you can escape. I was experimenting with ways to get you to fly to escape (seen in the 3rd trailer) by crouching for a few seconds, but late developments in the kung fu system have made this impractical. I'm still working on it, so it might change.

The freeway level isn't very elaborate - it's just Morpheus vs the Agent on the truck. At 100 MPH. It was really just knocked up as a prototype, but it was cool enough that I decided to keep it. Basically it's an on-rails level, with the same track looping every 10 seconds or so. Fighting on the truck is really cool (especially doing crazy flips in bullet-time), but because everything is moving, the level geometry has to be very simple looking.

Also, I don't have a very good model for the Twins so they probably won't feature in that level (plus time pressures as well).

Anything and everything can change, however.

What was that all about ???
            Moderation warning for a user called Ghost -- I'm not prepared to discuss the details. Just ignore it.

Comment

I voted for the 2nd option as i feel it would be great for the mod to have a mix of both matrix enemies and max payne bad guys . The bosses of the max payne should remain the same though .

Regarding the burly brawl , Will neo have extra life to cope up with dozens of nasty agents ? How many agents will there be in the BB ? there arent too may agents as that could slow down the frame rate .

Also, I don't have a very good model for the Twins so they probably won't feature in that level (plus time pressures as well).

Anything and everything can change, however
              Judgeing from the screens in the first TRW trailer

The twins didnt look too bad at all . Even if you wont be featuring them in the freeway level, will they still be a part of the mod ( maybe as a playable skin).
              I personally feel alot of people that will play this mod eventually will not be criticizing the model , the TRW kungfu and game play will be the main attraction and the selling ingredient

I can understand the time pressures and i hope the mod is released soon in the futures and we dont have to wait too long .

Comment

Maddie , thanks for taking action against ghost . I guess there is no place for people here who simply destroy threads with flaming.

Back on topic , any chance the twins model will make an appearance in TRW, maybe as a playable skin ?

Also i would very much appreciate if you can post a screenshot of the twins model at a closer range

The other question is regarding the number of agents in the burly brawl and if the neo skin for the level will have extra health for it .

Comment

The 'twin' skin as made very quickly, as a kind of easter egg for the video. It looks alright because the video resolution is low and they appear on-screen for less than a second. However, the skin is pretty ghastly, but you'll have to take my word for it because I don't have a the model handy (on a cd somewhere). If there's time I might have another stab at making another skin, but there aren't many good existing models to work from (for the hair).

As for the Burly Brawl - like Ghost said, we're using low poly/detail models, and a number of other tricks to help get as many Smiths on-screen without killing the framerate too much. Also, they appear gradually, so by the time the full number smiths are on screen (30-40), hopefully you'll be too busy fighting to notice the drop. To be honest, the Lobby has a much worse framerate problem at the moment because there are a lot of characters on-screen AND there's a heavy gun fire (with all the bullets, bullet-waves, shell casings, gun holes, and so on being rendered).

Comment

Sorry, folks, but that asshole wasn't Ghost. I am the real Ghost and I have no idea why some people keep pretending they're me. I've noticed there hasn't been much movement in this topic and the rest of the forum don't give a damn, but still I felt need to explain the commotion.
                    Ghost without e-mail "yulaw@o2.pl" is imposter.

Cheers.
                    Last edited by Hitch; 05-16-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that guy is still mouthing off at moddb - talk about dedicated.

Lets move on shall we? Unfortunately I don't have any new screenshots handy, so here's some old ones. ^_^
                      Attached Files

Comment

He even stole my avatar from FrozMods. I hope administrators on Moddb will do something about him, becasue he's destroying my image T_T

About screenshots - that's what I call a diplomatic response
                        Last edited by Hitch; 05-16-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Looks fantastic, Maddie!
                          Definitely better than Shiny's attempts to make Matrix games.
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Actually, there is a news update of sorts -- Moddb talked about us in their 'Modcast' last month.

They talk about how awesome the kung fu demo is.

Check it out:
                            http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-real-w...odcast-s02-e21
                            (skip to 55mins)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitch View Post
                              He even stole my avatar from FrozMods. I hope administrators on Moddb will do something about him, becasue he's destroying my image T_T
                              I'm not gonna say it...

I'm not gonna say it...
                              NEVER FORGET
                              Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                              5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Working...
                              X