Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!! Ultimate Max Payne Vista Sound Patch !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: !! Ultimate Max Payne Vista Sound Patch !!

Originally posted by Pie_Rulez View Post
    Is it because i am running a cracked version of the game?
    Yes, it appears your own computer hates you for having an illegal copy. Do the right thing and buy yourself a proper copy.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

So, I just downloaded Darkje's Patch and it worked great on the game. I have a fully working Max Payne game (And am extremely grateful to Darkje btw). But... I don't think I can get my mods converted even if my life depended on it.

I converted the Katana mod fine but when I try to convert other mods using Darkje's "maxpayne soundpatch 1.0" the program just makes an empty "tmp" folder and exits. The way I got Katana to convert was to move all the other mods out and let it be the only mod in the Max Payne Directory. Hopefully someone can help me with this, and even more hopefully I didn't miss some tiny step or make some stupid mistake !

Comment

it should be able to convert the mods too...

can you link one of the offending mods for me to test with?

Comment

Just out of interest, does anybody know how to install the V1.05 patch into Vista 64? I get the same erro about not be able to run on a 64-bit machine as when you try to just autorun the CD.

Comment

mmm strange, for me it just worked in Vx64...

you can also try extracting the patch (I tried it w. winrar), and then place the extracted files in the proper game folder:
            - "e2_d3d8_driver_mfc.dll" in folder "e2driver"
            - "e2mfc.dll", "grphmfc.dll", "maxpayne.exe", "rlmfc.dll" and "sndmfc.dll" in main folder
            - other files can be skipped I guess...

and you should be updated to 1.05...

Comment

Originally posted by Xeinix View Post
              So, I just downloaded Darkje's Patch and it worked great on the game. I have a fully working Max Payne game (And am extremely grateful to Darkje btw). But... I don't think I can get my mods converted even if my life depended on it.

I converted the Katana mod fine but when I try to convert other mods using Darkje's "maxpayne soundpatch 1.0" the program just makes an empty "tmp" folder and exits. The way I got Katana to convert was to move all the other mods out and let it be the only mod in the Max Payne Directory. Hopefully someone can help me with this, and even more hopefully I didn't miss some tiny step or make some stupid mistake !
              I think I found the problem:
              if the mod name contains a space things start going wrong... for now it's best to replace the space by an underscore (_) sign.
              (the same happened before when a sound name contained a space, but that was in the beta phase)

it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

edit: (day after above post) mmm this fix is going to take a while to test, because I had to alter the main conversion routines, and before I release it, I want to be absolutely sure I did not break anything else. what seemed to be an easy fix turns out a bit more complicated.
              Last edited by Darkje; 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

hi people...

minor update on wip:

As promised I'm working on fixing the above problem with some mod names, as it turned out the problematic characters where spaces and brackets.

The fix in itself is quite simple just to use quotes on the filenames in the script, but when I started testing with a larger number of mods I realized that I had to completely rethink the menu layout, separating the menu's in two sections, game,- and mod conversion screens and removing the restore options screen, moving the options I had there to the new menus.

Anyhow, I've functionally finished the rewrite. Still have to clean up the mess I made of the script and test some more before release, but it's coming soon...

teaser screenie of beta:

Comment

Release v1.11, 25-Nov-09
                  Some small bugs where found in v1.1, this fixes it.
                  [SIZE="6"]Download v1.11 Here[/SIZE]

Release v1.1, 22-nov-09

This one focuses on better handling of mods. I separated the game conversion and mod conversion in to their own screens, the restore screen of v1.0 became obsolete by this.

- almost completely rewritten/redesigned.
                  - mods categorized in 3 types, new, converted and excluded.
                  - mods failing conversion auto excluded.
                  - where it used to handle all mods in one go, it can now also handle individual files.
                  - fixed quoting on the mod filenames, previous version crashed if it contained spaces or brackets.
                  - it can be used just to convert mods without having them in the game folder. it only needs the mod and the patch files.

please stay tuned for further updates here, since 1.1 is a major overhaul with 100's of new code lines, probably some bug(s) will show up in the coming days... there should be no showstoppers but it's catering for so many scenario's now that it's getting kind of hard to test it all ...

Game conversion screen:

Mod conversion screen:
                  Last edited by Darkje; 11-24-2009, 11:15 PM. Reason: updated to 1.11

Comment

hiya just a quick msg..i installed the patch and all worked swimmingling until the next time i reloaded the game. There was then no Max narrative and gun sounds where sparodic. the cmomic strip scenes also had no sound either. Thing is used the restore function and then converted again and now always got same problem. Any ideas? im Windows 7. Thx in advance

Comment

Sounds like you installed the game twice or used steam verify? the old files somehow returned?

Uninstall the game, make sure the game directory is empty, then reinstall and run the patch again, is the only thing I can think of...

btw:
                      Happy new year to everyone!

Comment

A minor problem came up with CD game versions other than English and v1.11 of the script.

It will not recognize a valid game, because I presumed the x_data.ras file would always be same size over all languages and was using that fact to determine what state the game was in, but I've discovered this is not the case. It will be fixed in an upcomming release.

for now you can temporarily 'hotfix' it yourself if you are using a different language version by editting MaxBatch.bat at line 873 where it says:
                        if %1==x_data.ras if not "%~z1" == "134236027" set flag_FreshGame=0

add rem in front so it reads:
                        rem if %1==x_data.ras if not "%~z1" == "134236027" set flag_FreshGame=0

save it and you are ready to convert

Comment

update 21-Feb-2010: Release 1.12
                          http://www.filedropper.com/maxpaynesoundpatchv112_1

New in v1.12:
                          It fixes a few issues that came up:
                          - On the game conversion the size of the result is now checked, if conversion failed backups are restored (if only one fails, all game files are restored, so it's fresh afterwards).
                          - Large working and finished messages on the game conversion section, for some people missed the fact the script was still working after the first file, where three files had to be done.
                          - Fixes need for edit if converting cd install of languages other than english.
                          - Detection and removal of previously failed conversion attempts is done. ie. tmp removed and backups synced.
                          - If tmp is not properly emptied between conversion of files, - sometimes it happens the os reported file in use- , the script will alert and retry until the files are released.

Comment

Whoa, ur still working on this. And many thanks for that as well! Managed to get the kung fu mod working because of the newer patches! Thanks!

Comment

Tnx man! good to hear... yes it has an extensive mod conversion section in the later versions, but I did not document that very well assuming the options are clear and most mod users kinda know what to do ...

I should write a mod conversion guideline... but I'm glad you managed without.

Comment

o darkje yer a god thanks man i was losing my mind tryin to fix this problem on
                                vista tanks to your maxbatch.bat file i was finally able to install the patch 1.05
                                now im gona run the game.....if it runs i ll thank u again..been tryin to play dis game 4 four days.....though i ve played max payne 2 i think this must b b8er
                                since it has a very strong story

Comment

Working...
                                X