Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Payne won't launch on Windows 7 32 bits

Hi everyone !

After days of searching a tip or fix to be able to launch MP 1 on Windows 7 32-bits, I come to you to see if you have something that could eventualy work.

I tried all solutions that are told on the R* Support website : https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...-and-Windows-8

Nothing works. I even tried other things, like use the setup.exe from the CD, create a installation folder named "maxpayne" with no space between the words, or even configure Windows 7 to restart it on 1 core for my processor.

I start being tired to search on every website to find a solution.

I installed the patch 1.05 and the soundfix.

Everything has latest update.

If someone has a solution I would be thankfull.

Thanks a lot !

Here is my hardware on my computer :

Graphic card : AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
    Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 645 4 CPUs - 3,1 GHz
    4 GB RAM

Nobody can answer me ? ^^

Comment

Up !

Comment

Nobody can help me ? Please

Comment

Hey dude!

I remember I had some problems launching Max Payne 1 on Windows 10 64 bit and the cause of the problem was Anti-Aliasing (AA), so I turned that off and it worked.
          Maybe that helps you too if you haven't tried that already.

Comment

Hello and thanks for your answer.

How do you turn off the AA ? In what menu ?

Comment

How can I turn off the Anti-Aliasing if I can't even launch the game ? I can't find something like that by launching setup.exe from the CD.

How did you do it ? Thanks

Comment

Sadly I can only give you some random troubleshooting tips. First off, does the gpu are you using have a anti aliasing overide in its recent driver?

Second, have you tried right clicking the shortcut icon and running the program in a compatibility mode or as an administrator?
                Last edited by Maniac; 08-09-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

For the anti aliasing I desactivated the settings on my AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series. But it still doesn't work. And for the compatibility mode and administrator lauching, I already tried it, it's even the first thing I've done. Crap !

Comment

If I remember correctly Max Payne was designed to run on computers running Windows 98 or 2000. Officially it doesn't support Windows XP computers... Perhaps we may need to figure out some legacy Windows emulation solution.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.
                      When you launch Max Payne the game itself doesn't launch at first but a small white window with buttons like ''Play'' ''Options'and so on appears, right? At least that's what happens for me. All I did was go in to the Options of the window and the AA settings should be there.
                      The white window looks like this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/images/1/1d/...al_General.png
                      And the setting panel looks like this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/images/1/17/...l_Advanced.png

Comment

Originally posted by MadKlauss View Post
                        Sorry for the late reply.
                        When you launch Max Payne the game itself doesn't launch at first but a small white window with buttons like ''Play'' ''Options'and so on appears, right? At least that's what happens for me. All I did was go in to the Options of the window and the AA settings should be there.
                        The white window looks like this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/images/1/1d/...al_General.png
                        And the setting panel looks like this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/images/1/17/...l_Advanced.png
                        Sadly, the white window you're talking about doesn't even appear, nothing... That's why I can't change the AA settings. When I click on the shortcut of the game, the mouse cursor shows me the game loads, but after a few seconds, nothing ! Do you know why this white window doesn't appear ? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          If I remember correctly Max Payne was designed to run on computers running Windows 98 or 2000. Officially it doesn't support Windows XP computers... Perhaps we may need to figure out some legacy Windows emulation solution.
                          What I don't understand, it's that few months ago, the game could launch, but I had the sound problem. And now, the game doesn't even load. I tried a lot of things.

Comment

Up !

Comment

If the game isn't starting at launch (you're getting a spinning load and nothing) then that could be a copy protection issue. Did you get a new disc drive or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X