No announcement yet.

Max Payne won't launch on Windows 7 32 bits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I didn't try with another disc. Do you think I should try this ?

Comment

Well the disc protection can be screwed up by a damaged disc or an incompatible disc drive. I forgot who wrote MP's security check although I think it was securom. Back in the day, when people were having issues with KOTOR (on PC), they could email securom tech support for a new executable that would usually fix the issue. I don't know if this would work in this case since I don't know if MP even uses securom...

Can anyone weigh in Here?

Comment

Originally posted by snake74500 View Post

Sadly, the white window you're talking about doesn't even appear, nothing... That's why I can't change the AA settings. When I click on the shortcut of the game, the mouse cursor shows me the game loads, but after a few seconds, nothing ! Do you know why this white window doesn't appear ? Thanks !
        Could be that your game is just broken along with the files in the CD. :\

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Well the disc protection can be screwed up by a damaged disc or an incompatible disc drive. I forgot who wrote MP's security check although I think it was securom. Back in the day, when people were having issues with KOTOR (on PC), they could email securom tech support for a new executable that would usually fix the issue. I don't know if this would work in this case since I don't know if MP even uses securom...

Can anyone weigh in Here?
          My disc is good, no damage. And I don't think MP uses Securom. By going on their website, when I go to the support page, in the list of the games, Max Payne doesn't appear. And I don't know where to find to see if my disc drive is compatible with the game. Crap, it really begins to annoy me ! If anyone can tell me for Securom or whatever ! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MadKlauss View Post

Could be that your game is just broken along with the files in the CD. :\
            Do you know if it's possible to find files that could work ?

Comment

Up !

Comment

Before I write my suggestion, I just want to do a little disclaimer. I'm not too familiar with getting older games working on modern computers, I feel like the Remedy Forum's resident old-man-who-sits-on-porch-and-complain-about-kids-these-days-with-their-gizmos. But I just wanted to comment on this thread just in case someone has reached a stage where they just want to get the game working on their machine or readers who are interested in playing a MP game for the first time on theirs. If you want to get that specific CD working, this post may not be for you though. So, y'know, please don't judge me.

One way I know the Max Payne games could work on modern computers (although please check the system requirements on the page before you purchase!) is if the titles are bought through Steam. Both of Remedy's titles are available in the "Max Payne Classic Bundle" which is around £9.99 for the two games or £5.99 each. The games are frequently included in Steam sales where the price drops to under a pound. The next scheduled Steam sale is rumoured to be just before Halloween. (And if you're reading this after October, THIS site is pretty handy with keeping up to date on the next sales.)

(Maniac is a million times better at useful suggestions. )
                The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Thanks Jaden? But effectivly if that works only with the Steam version it's annoying. Thanks anyway I hope this will help people who have problems with their version.

Comment

Up !

Comment

Working...
                    X