Who wrote the soundtrack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wrote the soundtrack?

I have found two soundtracks for this one.

One appears to be by Kärtsy Hatakka & Kimmo Kajasto.

One appears to be by Peter Hajba and Marko Leinonen.

Any idea?

I just checked both credits for Remedy's Max Payne games:

For the first Max Payne game it credits Peter Hajba for "Sound and Voice Tracks". The music was composed, arranged and performed by Kärtsy Hatakka and Kimmo Kajasto. It also mentioned that "Hatakka performs courtesy of Eastborder Management Inc. Music mastering by Pauli Saastamoinen and Finnvox studios."

For Max Payne 2, it credits Hajba again for "Sound FX and Voice Tracks". The music composed, arranged and performed by Kärtsy Hatakka and Kimmo Kajasto again, with mastering done by Pauli Saastamoinen and Markus “"Captain”" Kaarlonen at Finnvox studios. And the cello in Max Payne theme was Perttu Kivilaakso.

I checked on Marko Leinonen's role at the studio and it mentioned that he was working on the art side of the games. In the first game he was credited with "Texture Art", "Menu and HUD Art" and "Start Up Movie". In the second one his roles included "Graphic Novel Art" and "Menu and HUD Art"

The studio was pretty small for both games, so many people took on multiple roles on the projects. I remember seeing something similar posted online about those four working on the soundtrack. I.. can't quite remember where though. Do you have a link?
    Last edited by Jaden; 01-29-2017, 09:43 PM.
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Working...
    X