Can't play MP2 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play MP2 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

So, I'm getting prepared for MP3, by playing the first two games. I finished the first one (and even fixed the audio, thanks to a guide I found). Now I want to move on to MP2, but I've run into issues. When I click on the MP2 icon, nothing happens. The computer appears to be loading for a few seconds, then it just stops. When I try and use the launcher from the disc, I get the menu where I can uninstall and play the game. When I select "play max payne 2", nothing happens. What should I do?

Re: Can't play MP2 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've had the same issue with Vista 32 with the retail discs. I spoke at length with Rockstar about the issue for a few weeks. Nothing helped and they eventually just said "the easiest way to fix this is to install windows XP." Not to make them sound like jerks or anything on the contrary their support was excellent in trying to help. It appears to be a random issue as some people can play it on Vista/7 and others can not. I have an old XP machine that I set up to play it, but I know that won't help. I'm sorry I can't bring better news.

This thread is specifically for this issue. Maybe there is some fix for 7 that doesn't work for Vista listed? Not sure:

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7637

Best of luck friend,

Viper

Comment

Working...
    X