Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sympathy or even empathy for Max?

Hey guys,

I'm not trying to sound like a weirdo or saying that the events of my life are same as Max's story, and yes I know he's not real, but do any of you guys kind of feel sympathy or even empathy when playing the Max Payne games? What I mean is I have had shall we say extremely bad luck when it comes to relationships and at times I felt like life a crashing around me and I understand, to an extent, how Max feels, if we was more than a game character. I've kinda felt like I was on a journey for "redemption" trying to pull the pieces together myself.... just obviously [SIZE="4"]not[/SIZE] with guns, killing, alcohol, or painkillers. I was just curious if anyone else kinda felt that way at times. Like I said I'm not some sort of weirdo, but when I play games I just find myself relating to characters like you would in a movie or a show. It helps to immerse in the story.

Thanks for reading

Re: Sympathy or even empathy for Max?

Spoiler:
    Last edited by AceRay; 06-01-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

You should use spoiler tags, some people have not played the game yet.
      Thanks.
      Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. :)

Comment

Originally posted by K100 View Post
        You should use spoiler tags, some people have not played the game yet.
        Thanks.
        Meh, it seems to be the kind of thread that has tons of spoilers. added them anyway.

Comment

I see myself as very quiet, moody and stubborn yet equally self-aware and very thoughtful, like Max, I actually enjoy thinking about some of Max's quotes, his metaphors.

Max is my childhood hero, absolutely LOVED the first two as a child, I see Max as a person although things go wrong he always seems in 'control' always ready? if you will? Only difference is Max has his gun, I have my martial arts
          Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
          Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

I assume that you use your martial arts to dispatch hundreds of thugs, criminals, and mercinaries in a blood-thirsty revenge-fueled rampage aimed at taking down multiple criminal organizations? Youre just like max!

Comment

Working...
            X