This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Remedy...

Here's an idea that has seemed to work well over at the Fallout 3 boards. Open to all, feel free to ask Remedy any questions except for those related to Alan Wake. Any questions directly seeking information about the game will most likely go unanswered.
    By keeping the questions open, I'm sure we should see a bit more developer interaction.

Here's a few questions to get us started and hopefully some of the Remedy staff will feel like answering a few of them.

1. What is your job at Remedy?
    2. What previous projects have you worked on at Remedy and elsewhere?
    3. What inspiration have you drawn from when developing Alan Wake eg. books, movies, games?
    4. What is your favourite type of game to play?
    5. If you could be any character from the Death Rally or Max Payne games, who would you be?
    6. If there was one game you could make a sequel for, what would it be?
    7. What is your favourite mod for the Max Payne games?
    8. What do you have on your desk at the moment?
    9. How did you get a job at Remedy?
    10. What wallpaper do you have at the moment?
    11. How is the work environment?
    12. Were you happy with the Max Payne games?
    13. What games are you looking forward to on the horizon?
    14. What games are you playing at the moment?
    15. What would be your hopes and expectations for a possible Max Payne sequel?
    16. Who would you cast as Max Payne in a possible movie?
    17. What TV shows are you interested in at the moment?
    18. Is there any merchandise for Alan Wake that hasn't been seen by the public?
    Last edited by Morry; 11-06-2009, 01:42 PM.
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Re: Ask Remedy...

Hello there. Should I be the first from our side to reply?

1. Junior Gameplay Designer -- I design and script the gameplay

2. This is my first project at Remedy, but previously I have been working on many mods, as well as some small game projects (that never got finished due to lack of time)

3. Movies by David Lynch, thrillers, horror, drama, etc.

4. I'm not a fan of any genre, but basically any game that has something new, or something old made in a better way, and is generally a good game. I'd say a mix of RPG elements, robust action and (atleast partial) freedom of choice is a game I'd most likely enjoy.

5. Duke

6. I'd really like to see a new game from the Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle series, a bit like Sam & Max had their new coming in episode form. So maybe that, and I always wanted to make a classic adventure game when I was a kid

7. 7th Serpent by Aavenr and co. is very impressive from the latest, but basically Kung-Fu by Kenneth Yeung is a classic, and there's also lots of good stuff by Maddieman, Aavenr and the rest of the old scene.

8. Phone, 3 Xbox 360 controllers, wallet and headphones

9. I take it because of my modding history

10. Alan Wake

11. Honestly saying, I have and and will never find a better place to work in. The co-workers helped me in the beginning when help was needed and generally everyone is very friendly and nice. Best place to work on earth

12. MP games pretty much define my present and current position here at Remedy, so I can't thank enough for the guys here developing them.

13. Mass Effect, GTA IV, Wii killer apps etc.

Comment

Hello.

1. Environment Artist. That means modeling and texturing of buildings, props, landscape and so on. Also background research and occasionally photography are integral parts of the job.

2. This is my first project at Remedy as well. I think that about two years ago I had my job interview(s) here. Previously I worked at Fathammer, making 2D/3D graphics and level design for mobile games. It was great fun and the team there was marvellous
      Also on my spare time I've worked on a few demoscene and small game productions as well.

3. Browsing (and occasionally contributing to) a few art forums packed with talented people and, as an environment artist, the most major influence has naturally been trips to the US. Also, I like movies. Who wouldn't?

4. Weeeell, I like RPGs, FPS and other action games, platformers, some strategy games, driving sims, puzzle and adventure games. But naturally there's a catch: they've gotta be good.

5. I'd like to be some unsuspecting cannon fodder from Max Payne games. They get the funniest dialogues and easiest jobs.

6. A while ago I would've answered Fallout 3 but since Bethesda seems to be doing an OK job with it, I think I'd like to work on a sequel for System Shock. Yes, I know about Bioshock and it seems great, but the original System Shocks were just magical. SHODAN is probably the best villain in computer games ever.

7. Umm, I don't think I've ever really played that many MP mods. I think that the only one I ever installed was the kung-fu mod Froz mentioned.

8. Wacom Intuos 3 drawing tablet, my Remedy/Alan Wake hoodie, a stapler (not a red one), a wildly fluctuating number of pens and pencils (courtesy of SamiV mostly, I believe), five writing pads or sketchbooks and two different sized cubes made out of folded business cards. The cubes have a cool repeating Remedy logo pattern since they are made out of some of my old cards. No glue or tape was used.

9. Well, it was a rather standard procedure on my case I believe. There was a position open that I was interested in and after submitting a resume and a CV I had two interviews with scary Remedy veterans.

10. A screenshot of the navigator's head from Monkey Island.

11. It used to be good but now it's even better since we got a proper air conditioning here

12. Yes, I had a blast (har har) playing them.

13. Fallout 3 above all of course ... Bioshock, Spore, more Half-Life 2 episodes and Team Fortress 2

Comment

Nice. Keep them coming guys.

Especially laughed at the stapler and air conditioning comments in antti's post.

Comment

Technical Artist. Scripts and plugins mainly for 3dsmax.

Have been 2 years at Remedy's by now so Alan Wake is my first project. Before Remedy I made 3d animations for TV commericals.

3. What inspiration have you drawn from when developing Alan Wake eg. books, movies, games?
          Fantasy is close to my heart, but do it get inspiration from there? Goblin designed 3dsmax plugins

Point&Click adventure games.

5. If you could be any character from the Death Rally or Max Payne games, who would you be?
          Max Payne, of course.

Gabriel Knight

Matrix mod.

Huge monitor , XBox360, headphones, speakers, misc papers what I really don't need, three forks , cell phone, two pc games.

Resume and demoreel.

Image where furitures try to escape sun light what comes from a window.

I have never been working at better place than Remedy. Remedy is so cool place to work becouse there so many very talented pepoles from many different areas. So where ever you need answers to you can get it from Remedy's everyone mailing list .

Everything. I wouldn't change a thing.

Age of Conan and Assasin's Creed

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much for answering these.

(and yes, keep them coming!)

Comment

Froz: What mods have you worked on in the past?

Its great to see some adventure gaming love, DOTT is definately one of my favourites.

Anttit: Any chance we could see the cubes? And how do we go about getting an Alan Wake hoodie?

-------------
              Extra questions:

What games are you playing at the moment?
              What would be your hopes and expectations for a possible Max Payne sequel?
              Who would you cast as Max Payne in a possible movie?
              What TV shows are you interested in at the moment?
              Is there any merchandise for Alan Wake that hasn't been seen by the public?
              Last edited by Morry; 06-21-2007, 09:05 AM.
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

IT-Support, keeping those machines up and running and making them from "scratch"

3Dmark2001, 03, 05, 06, Max Payne 1 and 2, Alan Wake.

neext..

Racing simulation

Mad Mac

Stunt Car Racer (Amiga)

Kung Foo

CPUs, Graphic cards, Coffee mug, MS wireless entertainment desktop set, random hardware parts, Nokia N95, computer, phone, Halo 2 vista, speakers, little F1 car with Michael Schumacher in it, a picture of Borat and pile of misc stuff.

via ircnet

some good looking babe, cant remember her name.

With these guys it is so much fun everyday playing games, billiard and uhm... making Alan Wake. In our room it feels like jungle in here.

Oh yes.

Halo 3, GTA IV, Assasin's Creed, Splinter Cell: Conviction, FlatOut UC, Final Fantasy XIII

What games are you playing at the moment?
                Forza Motorsport 2, Formula 1 Championship Edition, Motorstorm, Rampart, Destruction Derby, Halo 2, Alan Wake and Jumping Flash!

What would be your hopes and expectations for a possible Max Payne sequel?

Who would you cast as Max Payne in a possible movie?
                Bruce Willis

What TV shows are you interested in at the moment?
                Lost, E.R.

Is there any merchandise for Alan Wake that is hasn't been seen by the public?
                Dont think so
                Last edited by vrnRMD; 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM. Reason: extra questions
                IT-Support
                Remedy Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                  Froz: What mods have you worked on in the past?
                  Three of my most recent mods and fourth (Noir York City), that never got finished can be seen and downloaded here (if the links still work): http://noir.teh-pwn.de/froz.htm

Another page for the BT2 mod: http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/contest/

Comment

IT Manager is the title, which means that with vrn we take care of the Business Infrastructure as some organizations put it

I came here during Alan Wake, so nothing else here. Previous projects elsewhere mainly run around information security, such as identity and access management for Finnish government. Can't tell the details, or I'd have to kill you

You know the quote of proportions of inspiration and perspiration? I'm more on the perspiration side of the project, but Slashdot and The Register are good sources for inspiration some times...

I used to do RPG's, but nowadays don't have time for that. So everything goes that can be played for 10 min and interrupted safely after that. Simulators are nice.

Someone from DR, but that's way too back in the history to name any. Tried to refresh my memory, but couldn't get DR run on Vista

Stunt Car Racer would get a vote from me too But maybe Elite could earn a remake.

Haven't played mods, so maybe I'll skip this one...

Whoa, let's see if the forum software has a limit for post size... a pile of hard disks (some that are not broken and some maxtor), few game controllers, a coffee cup, usual pc accessories (displays, mice and a keyboard), some piles of misc paper, backup tapes, and wait... yes, that's a phone.

I happened to know the right people, someone asked me.

One of those that come with Vista, the one with fish swimming in it.

Great, especially now when we cleaned up with vrn yesterday Although the ambient sounds he's playing right now might get annoying...
                    Seriously, I love to work with people who know their job, and this is the place where they do.

Of course

Alan Wake. Are there others? Well, I don't have any consoles nor a decent PC at home, so future games don't have much to look at

Comment

I want to a information about MAX PAYNE

Is there any plan for making MAX PAYNE 3?
                      i mean to say that
                      Will MAX PAYNE develop further???

please give me a details answer.....................please..........

because i am eager to play MAX PAYNE 3

Moderator note: Remedy Games no longer holds the rights to develop a Max Payne game. Take 2 now owns the only rights to make a Max Payne game.
                      Last edited by Morry; 09-11-2007, 08:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

If you had to be killed (or at least severely beaten) by another member of the Remedy staff, who would it be?

Or, if you don't want to answer that, how about giving us a walkthrough of a typical day for you?

I'd also like to know which Max Payne the staff thinks is better.
                        "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

Question1:- How do you get a job at Remedy??
                          Question2:- How do you get a job at Remedy??
                          Question3:- How do you get a job at Remedy??

I seriously envy people like Froz and all. I hate you all.
                          LinkedIn Profile

Comment

Originally posted by satan View Post
                            Question1:- How do you get a job at Remedy??
                            Question2:- How do you get a job at Remedy??
                            Question3:- How do you get a job at Remedy??

I seriously envy people like Froz and all. I hate you all.
                            http://www.remedygames.com/contact_i...ment_info.html

Take Froz for example, he has been an employee at Remedy for less than a year and you can track his career progress through the mods he has developed.
                            http://noir.teh-pwn.de/froz.htm

If you want to work for a company like Remedy, you have to get your name out there, produce something of the quality they look for and apply.
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

MY QUESTION IS:-
                              Is ALAN WAKE better then MAX PAYNE series?

Comment

Working...
                              X