X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    I'm just looking forward to seeing what they will come up with.
    I can't wait till October

Thank you for your answer
    Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
    Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Morry View Post
      Looking back to when you were working on the first two games, what were some of the ideas Remedy had with regards to any Max Payne sequels - were there any specific directions you wanted to head with the series?
      Instead, what always questioned my mind is how Remedy's vision on Max Payne 2 evolved. There must have been some other concepts we might never hear of! That said, has much changed during production in terms of story elements, gameplay and notable things like Max's appearance? How are these decisions made?
      Proud owner of PayneReactor, the best website for Max Payne news and more!

Comment

hey u guyz at remedy plz answer this.. will alan wake be released simultaneously on both the pc and the xbox 360 ?

if not plz do it .. don't be like the others releasing the pc version way after the xbox 360 version..

because i know microsoft asks always releases the pc version way after the xbox 360..

seriously i hate it so much ! i cannot tell u guys!
        plz. release them both onthesame day..

Comment

I have two questions for Remedy:

How do you think about the global crisis for the game industry? And is Remedy affected by it?

Thanks in advance for taking time answering our questions!

Comment

Hey Markus

Is the gamertag displayed on your profile (RMDgamer) your own personal gamertag, or is it in use by several Remedy members?

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
              Is the gamertag displayed on your profile (RMDgamer) your own personal gamertag, or is it in use by several Remedy members?
              (Replying on behalf of Markus...) That tag is used in the office console by anyone who happens to be playing there (actually, we have more than one console and more than one gamertag, but that one is the most used).

- J

Comment

My gamer score is so poor I didn't dare to put my own gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by joukoRMD View Post
                  (Replying on behalf of Markus...) That tag is used in the office console by anyone who happens to be playing there (actually, we have more than one console and more than one gamertag, but that one is the most used).

- J
                  As i thought. There where so many games played from that gamertag, but people rarely played more than one level in each game. So I thought it was just an Xbox that was played once in a while at Remedy when people could sneak in an hour or two.

My gamer score is so poor I didn't dare to put my own gamertag
                  Give me your gamertag and I can boost your gamerscore so that you can impress your colleagues and become the coolest guy at Remedy

But of course it would cost an exclusive preview at Alan Wake, and a key character in the game named up after me. Im sure you will contact me soon

But from joke to revolver. Do you play from RMDgamer a lot? Or is it mostly the copy machine guy that sits there?

Comment

I recently read that Microsoft began deploying new dev-kits to developers which contain 1 Gigabyte of RAM. I was wondering if you guys received some of these or if you're still using the old ones.
                    http://myspace.com/poetsofthefall

These guys wrote "Late Goodbye" so check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by nuhr View Post
                      I recently read that Microsoft began deploying new dev-kits to developers which contain 1 Gigabyte of RAM. I was wondering if you guys received some of these or if you're still using the old ones.
                      AFAIK all the kits we have are still with the 512M configuration.

- J

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                        But from joke to revolver. Do you play from RMDgamer a lot? Or is it mostly the copy machine guy that sits there?
                        All new games are checked on that or the other retail kits we have. It's rarely if ever used to play a game through though.

Comment

Dear Markus:

Have you gotten those Tim Tams yet?

On a more serious note though: I think I'd like to enter the gaming industry as a writer. My question is, what does Remedy and other developers often look for when hiring writers, both in terms of education and personal background? (such as playing games themselves) Also, I'm having trouble finding any video game specific writing courses in my area, so what should I look for in terms of courses? Would you recommend I take regular literature and creative writing courses in univserity, or relocate to somewhere as far as Montreal, Quebec, where they have writing courses centered around game design? (I live in Toronto, about 8-10 hours from Montreal.)

Sorry if I rambled.
                          <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

no tim-tams yet

Movie/TV writing courses are good as well.
                            Writing samples are in my opinion the key. Different styles that show your flexibility as a writer. Obviously in-depth game knowledge is good to have too. Perhaps start small, look for an indie developer that needs a story treatment to their game (for free likely, but it's a reference!), and go from there?

Comment

no tim-tams yet
                              I'm working on it
                              Remedy's currently known projects:
                              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Rofl. Thanks Markus.
                                <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Working...
                                X