This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

Demo before the release - most likely no.

Elbatish - Two years was about how long it took to make Max2 but let's launch one game first before talking about another.

Comment

beautiful news thank you markus means If there will be alan wake 2 then it will not take as lonf as alan wake.
      http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/elbatish.png

Comment

Thanks for the reply MarkusRMD
        So what stage are you with the game now?
        And are you guys still looking at a spring 2010 release date?

Many thanks
        Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

is alan wake going to have a limited edition?
          http://card.mygamercard.net/gel/elbatish.png

Comment

Hi.. I've been looking at the Remedy Xbox GamerTag (RMDgamer) and you guys have a serious amount of games played on it.
            Do you guys get the games for free from your publsiher or something, or do you invest in them because you feel it is important to get a decent grasp on how your competitors (the industry) is doing in terms of innovation/quality etc?
            Alan... Alan... You can run, but you can't hide.

Comment

- Spring 2010 is still the plan, no changes there. This is 'ask Remedy' thread btw...

- Limited Edition has been asked often, and we've never commented before, so I'm not going to start now. Again, this is 'ask Remedy' thread...

- We buy pretty much every game out there. We get some for free but that's rare. It's research, you know

Comment

lol..

Also Thanks for answering my question, but I do have one more, lol.

I and others just can't commend you guys enough on how awesome the Character Animations are for Alan Wake. It is definitely one of the best in the business. And in my opinion it can be compared to Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2 in terms of quality and also its own unique identity. Both these games just seem to ooze personality in that regard.

Would you be so kind if you could please answer these points:

* Are all the animations Motion Captured? Or are some derived through other means (animation software)?

* What are the steps Remedy takes during their Motion Capture animation development?

* How would you compare Remedy's process in this department to that of Naughty Dog shown in this video?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzkYa44ral8

* When recording your Actors voices, do you record them together or separately; and do you get them to act out the scenes while you record?

I understand those are pretty beefy and technical questions, and you guys are very busy at work on your masterpiece. So if you can only give me a bare-bones answer, or you can't answer it at all for other reasons, I will understand.

Thank You Remedy.

Comment

Hey Marcus, I have more of a general question. What aspect of Alan Wake has you most excited, personally?

Thanks

Matt
                  WTBF...?

Comment

Matt -- finally shipping it ? think it's the overall package - interesting setting, story and light/dark gameplay combined.

Nahnever -- Thanks for the high praises. I think the Naughty Dog folks set a high bar, and I'm glad to hear our hard work here has paid off. To answer all of your questions however would require making a behind the scenes documentary similar to what you link above. Perhaps we'll do that at some point, we certainly have a lot of good material!

Comment

For all Remedy: Someone of you have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Ps3 ?

So, we can meet online and fight !
                      I love Killer7, Silent Hill 1, Max Payne, Shadow of the Colossus.Markus and Alan Wake...
                      He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any

Comment

Thanks, Markus!!!!
                        WTBF...?

Comment

A documentary would definitely show the player how much effort has gone into the project.

But here's my question: Do you see games as a form of art? Can you give me an example of a great game that could be considered as art or is every game artistic in some way?

Thanks
                          KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Are there any internal competitions at Remedy like who can drink more beer or something like that or do you "only" do your job???
                            For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
                              A documentary would definitely show the player how much effort has gone into the project.
                              YES!!! As much behind-the-scenes and making-of material as possible. I would personally like in-game audio commentary, ie. "...so this is the first scene in which we make the player use light as a gameplay element. Basically we wanted to get the player associate light as a safe haven as early as possible, so we made this scene with..."

ME WANT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruuttu View Post
                                YES!!! As much behind-the-scenes and making-of material as possible. I would personally like in-game audio commentary, ie. "...so this is the first scene in which we make the player use light as a gameplay element. Basically we wanted to get the player associate light as a safe haven as early as possible, so we made this scene with..."

ME WANT!!
                                Oh Yes!!! MGS4 had something like that.. And it was Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X